Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Dublin 12

Options
  • 26-01-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am thinking of buying in Dublin 12. I am looking really at Walkinstown, Crumlin and Drimnagh- in order of preference. Would anyone have any advice about these areas? I have a 2 year old so really looking for somewhere safe and quiet enough. I have very limited knowledge of the area so would love some advice good or bad. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Areas like that in Dublin require very good knowledge of the area, two or three streets over will make a huge difference. Have a really good wander round, chat to people, go into the local shops and chat to the security guard. Go back over a period of time, hang about in your car on a Saturday night after the pub close.

Get it right and you can get a real bargain in terms of house for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PandaSmurf86

Good advice thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Far better to ask about a few specific areas or streets rather than feedback on such a large area as it varies so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

That's so broad! To narrow down your search find the decent schools and the catchment areas before you buy. I would rule out Deis schools (but that's me!). Start on education.ie primary schools in Dublin 12. read the reports. Narrow down your search areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P. Dublin city forum charter applies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Try walkinstown..some lovely estates near ashleaf shopping centre ..Perrystown is a good option too. Convenient locations, near everything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm struggling to think of a bad area/road in Walkinstown (says the Walkinstownian!). Some parts may not be as nice looking as others and there may be the odd bad egg around but it's a good old, settled area with excellent transport links.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Valerie2015

Any advice on Drimnagh and pricing? Some agents seem to price low and then bidding adds 20k...others seem to price high. For those where would you start bidding relative to advertised price. We all know which agents are which so no need to be to mention names but le chateau might mean something...��

Advertisement