Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old equipment

Options
  • 26-01-2017 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I've got a lot of old computer equipment for sale, just wondering if anyone (in & around the South Dublin area) would be interested in clearing it all & giving me a bit of cash (not a lot) as I really just want to reclaim my spare room... some of the items I've got are:

graphics cards
    Laptop power adapters
    Dell heatsinks & fans
    sound cards
    Dell D/T PSU's
    laptop power units
    8 chassis (some have mobo's in)
    loads of RAM (laptop & D/t)
    re-install discs

This is just a short list of what I have... I've tried selling off bits & pieces on various sites but now I just want to get the whole lot gone so is anyone interested? or can you give me the names of any companies who would buy the stuff off me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm in the same position, loads of stuff just cluttering up the place, and I've not inclined to go to the hassle of selling each item individually on adverts.ie with all the time wasters on there. Back when I lived in the Netherlands, there were loads of computer fairs where this sort of thing was sold, and you could just go up to some of the stallholders offer them a pile of stuff and they'd give you a price for the lot. Much less hassle, and at least it went to good use rather than being thrown away. I've never heard of anything similar here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Have you considered a charitable donation?

http://camara.org/give-computers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BrayCC

Thanks for your replies guys,
    Alun - I think it would be a great idea - even a one-off fair somewhere?
    Degsie - have looked at Camara but they're not really interested in anything except very newish stuff (pc's, monitors etc) won't take all the gear I've got & really I'd like to get something for it (even a couple of hundred €) rather than give it away...
    Thanks

Advertisement