Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you NOT completed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Over the last 2-3 years these are the ones I've given up on:

Divinity Original Sin: Loved this at first. The opening few hours in Cyseal were brilliant but it went downhill from there with the story and quests declining in quality as the game progressed. I loved the combat but after 40 hours it wasnt enough to keep me hooked.

EYE Divine Cybermancy: This game was absolutely bizarre and impossible to follow what was going on. Gave up after less than an hour.

Jet Set Radio: Just couldnt get into this at all.

Mirrors Edge: Really tried to like this but just found it too frustrating and awkward. Gave up after 2 hours.

Poker Night 2: The AI is a cheating bastard in this game.

Sonic Generations: I liked the classic side scrolling levels but hated the modern 3d style ones. Got stuck on one of the bosses which the poor controls and camera made even harder. Demoted to the ****e heap after that.

Valkyria Chronicles: This one I also really enjoyed at first. What annoyed me here was that the game seemed to encourage rushing scouts to the objective quickly over more a more tactical approach using all unit types. After 25 hours I'd lost interest.

Wasteland 2: My experience with this one is a bit like D:OS. Really enjoyed the first half but it seemed to decline in quality after that. I've tried to playthrough it twice, once on the original version and again on the Directors Cut and never made it far past the half way point.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Zelda ocarina of time - N64/3ds
    Fallout 3 - Xbox 360
    Fallout 4 - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

da gamer wrote: »
    Zelda ocarina of time - N64/3ds
    Fallout 3 - Xbox 360
    Fallout 4 - PS4

Orcarina was brillant, majoras was also great. Great memories for me. My two bros and myself ( me being the youngest) trying to figure out to kill gannon in ocranina. Of course one of my brothers was sick for 2 days and figured out u had hit his blast back with your sword.

Then again i used to jump in between them when i was a baby and the two of them playin street fighter on the nes and me in a pissy nappy..
    So i gave him that one

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Orcarina was brillant, majoras was also great. Great memories for me. My two bros and myself ( me being the youngest) trying to figure out to kill gannon in ocranina. Of course one of my brothers was sick for 2 days and figured out u had hit his blast back with your sword.

Then again i used to jump in between them when i was a baby and the two of them playin street fighter on the nes and me in a pissy nappy..
    So i gave him that one

Add majoras mask to the list, I have it for the n64 and 3ds yet to complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I stopped playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as i was getting a bit sick of sneaking everywhere (but at the same time refusing to go full on balls out guns blazing), so i picked up Mafia 3. I'm a bit worried i may not go back to DE:MD, because i absolutely adored Human Revolution, thought it was one of the best games i've ever played, helped greatly by the soundtrack. I may go back, but i've shed loads to do in Mafia 3 first.

As a side note, i don't get the hate for Mafia 3. Yes, it's a bit repetative, but the voice acting and story are amazing, the gunplay is fantastic fun, the driving is well done... I seem to like games most people don't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

anyone know how to use cheats on half life warzone online. my clas makes a server and we play in it but i never get any kills.can anyone help me plsss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The Witcher Blood and Wine, I cant kill the vampire and his bat attack.
    Watchdogs 2, Boring but haven't given up yet im just playing Doom
    Doom, I cant beat a monster room... they just keep coming. Now I only play multiplayer which I love.
    Wasteland 2, I dont like turn based combat
    Dark Souls 3, I cant beat the boss in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
    Bloodborne, Im stuck on the Vicar amelia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dark Souls 3, I cant beat the boss in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

Pontiff Sulyvahn, he's a right b@stard. I finished DS3 yesterday. Tough auld slog.

Well there's 2 more games to add to my list. Traded them in yesterday for Neir: Automata (so far, a good choice).

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I was initially really liking this (bad facial animations and voice acting aside), but when i went back to the first planet after colonising it, i was met with tedious fetch quests, and it took the fun out of it for me. I may pick it up again someday.

The Last Guardian - Again, really enjoying this at the start, but ruined completely for me due to terrible camera control and a not very well thought out movement/command system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fallout 4 - it just never really clicked with me. Playing Witcher 3 at the moment and think it's brilliant.

Doom - again I should like it but it never clicked with me either. I need to give it another go soon.

Zombi - Good enough, liked the zombie theme but it seemed to drag out a bit and didn't bring any new ideas later in the game. I'm probably about 75% through it.

Dark Souls - Amazing game and was making decent progress until I wanted to play a few easier games in order to clear my backlog a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Outside of sea of unfinished games that I could not bothered with....

X com 2 - Loved series and finished first one iron man mode on my first go. Loved it. X com 2 ruined it for me with bull**** time limits in missions. I love these games over rts, because it gives me time to thibk and plan. X com 2 completely ruined it for me.

Dark souls 3 - just drifted away from it over other games. Need to get back to it as I wasn't that far in.

Fire emblem birthright - started in twice from the scratch now amd got really far in second time around. Again, drifted away from it.

Monster hunter generations - considering I am MH junky, this one really did not grew on me. New fighting styles are annoying and aerial style is best cheese style ever. Why bother with anything else... A ton of bloatware missions at the start really pissed me off. Dont know why they did it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My PS4 list of whats not completed:

Killzone Shadowfall
    Shadow Warrior
    The Witcher 3
    Doom
    Bloodbourne
    GTA V
    Wolfenstein - The New Order (Currently playing throught this)
    Metro Redeux

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've any amount of them but I'll list the most prominent ones that spring to mind.

Assassin's Creed: Unity
    Not because it was a technical mess, I first played it a short while after the majority of the issues had been patched out of it. I just didn't like it; couldn't stand the gameplay, the setting was pretty but totally lacked substance, and it just wasn't good in general. I didn't even like any AC games before it, I have no idea why I bought it...

Mass Effect 1 & 2
    I was too late to the party with Mass Effect I think. By the time I tried to play I either one, which would've been around 6 years after release both times, they'd become dated from my own perspective anyway. Just couldn't give them the time.

Doom 3
    Enjoyed the first few levels, just got bored of it about 13 hours in.

Dishonored
    Was really enjoying the game, but life got in the way. Half-way through the game I had to move to Hong Kong for college, when I got back half a year down the line I just let it slip despite me intending to get back to it. I tried to play it again last year but stuff kept stopping me from making progress so I just gave up.
    I might give it another time, but it seems something really wants me to not finish Dishonored. :pac:

Fallout 3 (the big one...)
    I played it for about 60 hours, liked it, but the thing is I played New Vegas before I played 3. To me, NV is the superior game, and much more enjoyable. Once I got so far I just started become bored of 3, one evening I got killed by this big **** off Radscorpion and had feck all combat resources and said feck it. Never went back.

I haven't finished Counter-Strike yet despite playing it for over a decade

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

X com 2 - Loved series and finished first one iron man mode on my first go. Loved it. X com 2 ruined it for me with bull**** time limits in missions. I love these games over rts, because it gives me time to thibk and plan. X com 2 completely ruined it for me.

Console or PC? Cause there are Mods to remove/reduce all that timed craic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Console or PC? Cause there are Mods to remove/reduce all that timed craic

I have on both. :pac:

If there is mod for that I might actually start it again. Really really hated games with limited time since I was a kid. Let me play at my own crawling speed!

• Starfox ****ing Zero ****ing Last Boss ****ing Hate You

The new Final Fantasy, got to Chapter 11 or 12 or something (On a train)
    Haven't played since

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Seriously I got mad into this one when I started playing it but I'm about 30 hours in and I'd say not far off gettin a mech.

Only reason I stopped was other games came along which meant Xenoblade fell by the wayside.

It's gone, for now, but not forgotten. I will return soon Xenoblade. I will return soon.

Bump an older thread, because I saw the 'What games have you completed thread' and realised, I probably haven't finished a game in quite a while. Recent failures:

Far Cry 5 - Second attempt, cleared the second area and gave up again. Too boring, too similar, nothing new about it. Looks absolutely stunning though, credit due for that.
    Days Gone - I haven't stopped playing this yet, but I have no want to go back to it. Like above, finding it too boring and it's supposed to get better the further you go, but I don't have the patience for that right now.
    Shenmue - I've spent the bones of about 2 hours waiting for an encounter to pop, running around like a fool, Google telling me I'm doing it right. I've given up. Might start into the second one though.
    Yakuza 0 - I really want to finish this, but I have no interest in going back to it. I like the Yakuza games, but this one is not clicking with me right now.
    Road Redemption - Ok, it's not a full game by any accounts, but I still haven't finished it.
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - I'm about half way through, and again lost interest, but I jumped straight in after finishing The New Order, so could be worn out.
    Mighty Number 9 - I want it to be Megaman, but it's not, and very hard.
    Dead Rising 4 - I haven't given up completely on this yet, but haven't played it in a while. It's fun, wacky and exactly what a Dead Rising game should be.
    Rage 2 - Got bored quite quickly. Like others have mentioned, the gunplay is on point, and it looks good, but everything else lets it down.
    Dirt Rally/VR - Just no. The VR is cool, but this is the hardest rally game I've ever played. You cannot make a mistake at all.
    Conan Exiles - Good game, bit jagged in comparison but the options of what to do is pretty big, but lost interest after finding the console options to get whatever you want.
    One Piece: World Seeker - I'm a huge fan of One Piece, and this is a beautiful looking game but the combat lets it down something fierce. Same buttons, over and over. Shame, there's potential for an amazing game set in the One Piece world, but I think we need a proper dev behind it. Would love to see CDPR tackle the One Piece world for the open world type play, or Sony Santa Monica for a more single player driven experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have a real problem with game burnout. Midway through I lose interest and start on something else and never go back, some real shameful ones. A few months back I went back and finished
    God of War
    TitanFall 2
    Doom
    Metro (the first one)
    There's others I really should end but these were my greatest sins against humanity gaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

I haven't been able to get into gaming as much as when I was younger, more than likely having the day taken up by work and computer screen leaving me wanting to get away from the TV for a bit.

I think Assasins Creed Origins was the last game I finished out but even at that I had still heaps of side missions left, and before that it was Uncharted 4 (class game)

Horizon Zero Dawn: I played it for about a week but couldn't get into it, could have been all of the robotic wildlife

Witcher 3: Bought it last year when it was on sale on the PS Store, played it for a while but I could never get into it. I know people rave about it and it got GOTY but I kept having to remind myself I had it until I eventually forgot about it in total.

Red Dead Redemption 2: I remember when I have the first game on PS2, loved it! However RDR2 for me was a bit of a let down, hard to put my finger on it but I'm sure I'm not the only person to feel this way.

Rmulvany wrote: »
    Witcher 3: Bought it last year when it was on sale on the PS Store, played it for a while but I could never get into it. I know people rave about it and it got GOTY but I kept having to remind myself I had it until I eventually forgot about it in total.

I know a lot of people gave up shortly after starting, but once you get out of the opening area and into the bigger areas, and complete the side quest for the Bloody Baron that's early on, and the game opens up into something magical. But at the same time, I can see how some people may not enjoy it.
    Rmulvany wrote: »
    Red Dead Redemption 2: I remember when I have the first game on PS2, loved it! However RDR2 for me was a bit of a let down, hard to put my finger on it but I'm sure I'm not the only person to feel this way.

You're not the only one. Everything about it was fantastic and it should have been GOTY, but like yourself it was missing something to make it all gel together. Couple of bad story choices didn't help, and it was deservedly beaten by God of War (which, imo is gaming perfection).

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

I'll get God of War eventually, hopefully I can get into it.
    I think one of the things in Red Dead that got to me was the traveling by horse from one side of the map to the other, I know that's the point of the game but it got tedious 😂

Yeah, the travel in it was definitely a factor that took away from my experience, especially towards the end when I just wanted to get the story missions done but they were always miles away from where you finished the last one. Plus having a huge bounty for a section of the game meant you were definitely going to get into trouble on the way, or you couldn't use the fast travel options as you were wanted!

God of War is a different kettle of fish though, it's more focussed and done in nearly one 'take' (the camera rarely moves around and usually stays over the shoulder for any scene Kratos is in), the combat is satisfying and as hard as you want it to be (Give me God of War difficulty for punishment), the graphics are simply beautiful, the locations vary well enough, characters are brilliant, even the boy is useful and doesn't get in the way. But it has a lot of small touches, like sailing the boat from one land mass to another, Kratos and Atreus have a conversation about something that just happened, or just a conversation in general while you're going. Makes the travelling enjoyable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm having real trouble finishing Super Mario Odyssey. It's a Mario game and it's highly rated, I should love it but I don't. I find the whole collecting power moons mechanic tiresome as I'm wandering around aimlessly a lot looking for moons. I'm not sure how this is supposed to be fun. I've picked the game up and put it down three separate times now, it can't hold my attention when it gets to the point in a level where I'm walking around searching for moons. I'll get through it eventually but it's just not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Horizon Zero Dawn, played about 10 hours, and just felt..... meh.
    Uncharted 2, did the intro mission up to where you get released from jail and immediately lost interest, I've since traded in the compilation disc and uncharted 4 (had got them all in CEX with store credit)
    Bloodborne : tapped out at Rom , the vacuous spider, after the 3 dark souls games, I'd had enough of its schtick (and while I love the souls games, I felt there was diminishing returns as the series went on).

Advertisement