Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job is pushing me to do ACCA need advice please

Options
  • 26-01-2017 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

First ever post on boards so apologies if I've put this in the wrong thread.

My situation at the moment is I've been working as an accounts assistant for the last 2 years and now the company are pushing me to do ACCA. I previously completed BA (Hons) Degree Accounting & Finance graduating in 2014 and have found out that I'm exempt from F1-F5. The company have said they will contribute an amount towards courses fees exams etc but haven't stated exactly how much yet.

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times before but what is the best way & most cost efficient way to study for F6-F9 - Self Study? Courses? Online course?

At the moment each subject seems to be coming in at €750-€800 per subject if I were to start a course.

I have found one online course that looks ok which costs €899 a year for unlimited access for all subjects
    studyonline.ie/acca

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Kav_Piero wrote: »

My situation at the moment is I've been working as an accounts assistant for the last 2 years and now the company are pushing me to do ACCA. I previously completed BA (Hons) Degree Accounting & Finance graduating in 2014 and have found out that I'm exempt from F1-F5. The company have said they will contribute an amount towards courses fees exams etc but haven't stated exactly how much yet.

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times before but what is the best way & most cost efficient way to study for F6-F9 - Self Study? Courses? Online course?

At the moment each subject seems to be coming in at €750-€800 per subject if I were to start a course.

I have found one online course that looks ok which costs €899 a year for unlimited access for all subjects
    studyonline.ie/acca

Thanks
    If your job asked you to do the accountancy exams they will more than likely pay your course fees, material s and exams.ps make sure you go to the best lecturer as it avoid you repeating exams.best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Lockedout2

You seem to be unsure about doing the exams, working and studying is hard you need to be motivated and determined.

So if decide do you want to do the exams yourself.

Then I have always found that lectures work best they provide a structure and a good learning environment.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Kav_Piero wrote:
    I have found one online course that looks ok which costs €899 a year for unlimited access for all subjects studyonline.ie/acca

Kav_Piero wrote:

Kav_Piero wrote:

Kav_Piero wrote:

Kav_Piero wrote:
    I have found one online course that looks ok which costs €899 a year for unlimited access for all subjects studyonline.ie/acca

Don't necessarily pick the cheapest option. Also e-learning is not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

studyonline.ie/acca

Thanks

I'd certainly advise you to find a decent lecturer for F8 Auditing. I found that sometimes e-learning wasn't the best for more theoretical subjects.

Also, I'm surprised your degree only exempts you from F1-F5, I knew someone who had a degree in commerce from UCD, and they were exempt from all the F papers bar F9.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kav_Piero

"I am pleased to confirm that based on the information provided, upon registration, you may be eligible for the following exemptions: F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5"

This is the email I received about exemptions. I haven't actually registered with ACCA yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

"I am pleased to confirm that based on the information provided, upon registration, you may be eligible for the following exemptions: F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5"

This is the email I received about exemptions. I haven't actually registered with ACCA yet

hmmm I guess it depends on the syllabus content of your specific degree then.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kav_Piero

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact I graduated in 2014 and the syllabus might have changed since then?

I'd appreciate if you could give me some info on registering for ACCA

After I pay the registration fee first do I go ahead and pay the exemption fees then before I can sit any exams?

And once I pay the exemptions fees how long do I have to sit and hopefully complete all the exams

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Before you do anything you need to speak in detail with your employer.

Employers will sometimes pay 100% of the fees but they may hold you in employment for a certain period of time in order to repay the debit.
    eg. If you leave them 1 month after completing the course then you might be liable for paying 100% of the fees, 6months only 50% and 1 year nothing.

Also try and negotiate a certain amount of work hours which you can spend per week studying.

So:
    1. Find out how much they are willing to pay towards the certification.
    2. Find out the conditions of this payment.
    3. Try and get work time for studying.

Advertisement