Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf hunt

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Jazuz lads, there's a Heating n Plumbing forum you know :) half my notifications are in relation to showers and water:p

Contact evuk@nissan-services.eu . Tell them you are in the process of buying car reg # vin # and exporting to Ireland. Ask them if the current owner has registered for carwings/nissan connect. If they have not (and they hadn't in my case), then it's much easier to get access yourself. If they have, it may be a bit more complex (others here can advise possibly?) - but i'm sure it can be sorted.

Sent the email off, the current owner never registered but I need my Irish ownership documents and then the VIN to move from GB to Ireland.
    That will be a month +
    Thanks again for advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

slave1 wrote: »
    Sent the email off, the current owner never registered but I need my Irish ownership documents and then the VIN to move from GB to Ireland.
    That will be a month +
    Thanks again for advice...
    To give them their dues, they're decent enough in terms of responding to emails swiftly from that address. That's an easy transition so - you don't need to have that conversation with the dealership then. Stay in contact with UK Nissan EV support and they will activate your account once you have the documentation.

From Rochdale to Athlone, I'm sure there will be a number of cars on the transporter...
    I'd have done that run personally for the hell of it - but I guess there would be an insurance/trust issue.

Brought mine home from Blackpool - took the Liverpool-Dublin sailing home for cheap. Could be done the same way for the Rochdale run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

To give them their dues, they're decent enough in terms of responding to emails swiftly from that address. That's an easy transition so - you don't need to have that conversation with the dealership then. Stay in contact with UK Nissan EV support and they will activate your account once you have the documentation.

I didn't need any communication with them. Did it all myself via their website. You need their help only if someone else had registered the car but since that didn't happen in this case you should be ok.

All I needed was the VIN and I was able to register it online myself and then I asked the dealer to enter my user/pass in the car and I was able to access the car before I even got on the plane!

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    I didn't need any communication with them. Did it all myself via their website. You need their help only if someone else had registered the car but since that didn't happen in this case you should be ok.

All I needed was the VIN and I was able to register it online myself and then I asked the dealer to enter my user/pass in the car and I was able to access the car before I even got on the plane!

Yes, that's how it ended up for me too - and that's what they ended up instructing me to do. I suppose that I expected that it would have been registered by the previous owner. Surprising that so many don't seem to use that functionality - they're definitely missing out!

Anyway, IF it was pre-registered for nissan-connect, then there are some data protection issues - but those guys can resolve it for anyone that finds themselves in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

ted1 wrote: »
    That's rubbish, we gave central heating but only use it for 4 months if the year . The rest of time we don't need it

Our electric shower heats only the water we use sinus 100% efficient

A immersion heats water regardless of how much you need and what temperature you need it.

Sorry to come back to the Heating & Plumbing forum again, but while an electric shower may be close to 100% efficient, per joule it costs 4 times what natural gas does (comparing to day-rate electricity). So if you used 25 litres in an electric shower it would be the equivalent to heating the standard 98 litre tank, out of which you might get 4 showers ;) Depends on your usage though.

Apologies to rain on your shower :P

Deposit paid, settled on £13,250, 6months and a week old, it was returned by a customer who did not like it and brought in back to swap for an ICE deal that Nissan have.

Mileage is very low, I estimated I'll have to drive her 135kms a day before I bring her in for VRT appointment so a couple of fun drives ahead.

Have to say delighted now the search is over, I would not have thought a few months back that I'd get a 30kWh Acenta for that price so have no complaints.

Anyone have any transporter contacts they want to share?

That's a great deal, well done, and well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Yup... about time we got off that subject.

• Advertisement

That's rubbish, we gave central heating but only use it for 4 months if the year . The rest of time we don't need it

Our electric shower heats only the water we use sinus 100% efficient

A immersion heats water regardless of how much you need and what temperature you need it.

Actually if I heat the immersion on Sink it's plenty for one shower.

I said most people who have boiler to heat the water do not need electric showers I didn't say nobody needs them.

Most people don't have such an efficient home that they don't use heating for 8 months a year in Ireland.

cros13 wrote: »
    Yup... about time we got off that subject.

I think it's a very valid point when people talk about power availability and priority devices that they first check out whether they actually need an electric shower or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

n97 mini wrote: »
    Sorry to come back to the Heating & Plumbing forum again, but while an electric shower may be close to 100% efficient, per joule it costs 4 times what natural gas does (comparing to day-rate electricity). So if you used 25 litres in an electric shower it would be the equivalent to heating the standard 98 litre tank, out of which you might get 4 showers ;) Depends on your usage though.

No not 4 times, it's more three per kWh, but a boiler is not 100% and then you have losses along the pipes , you don't heat the water to the exact temperature. You often heat water when you don't need it. Few people have smart heating in their Immersion and use time Clocks so end up heating water that gets wasted.

No not 4 times, it's more three per kWh, but a boiler is not 100% and then you have losses along the pipes , you don't heat the water to the exact temperature. You often heat water when you don't need it. Few people have smart heating in their Immersion and use time Clocks so end up heating water that gets wasted.

Sure, there are losses. But the delivered cost is a quarter vs electricity so if you have a modern efficient boiler you'd still be looking at savings. Usage dependent of course (as I said).

Sure, there are losses. But the delivered cost is a quarter vs electricity so if you have a modern efficient boiler you'd still be looking at savings. Usage dependent of course (as I said).

It's not a quarter and your still skipping over heating excessive water, unwanted water etc.

And you also need to ensure that you can zone your hot water separately from your rads.

It's not a quarter and your still skipping over heating excessive water, unwanted water etc.

And you also need to ensure that you can zone your hot water separately from your rads.

It's around 4c per kw versus 16c for electricity. Check the seai website.

As I said ymmv. Some examples to help you: If you are a single occupant using 25 litres in a shower then electricity is the way to go. If in a multi occupancy dwelling with 4 people showering (at 25 litres each) then gas will be cheaper.

All modern installations, mine included., can heat water without heating rads. But again, as I said, ymmv.

As I said ymmv. Some examples to help you: If you are a single occupant using 25 litres in a shower then electricity is the way to go. If in a multi occupancy dwelling with 4 people showering (at 25 litres each) then gas will be cheaper.

All modern installations, mine included., can heat water without heating rads. But again, as I said, ymmv.

Closer to 5 and closer to 15..
    Many installations aren't modern.
    Still skipping over the other details

I wouldn't home or he SEAI information as gospel.

They think people investing 30k to reduce bills by 20% is a good investment.

Closer to 5 and closer to 15..
    Many installations aren't modern.
    Still skipping over the other details

I wouldn't home or he SEAI information as gospel.

They think people investing 30k to reduce bills by 20% is a good investment.

Ara jaysus lad I give up. Even at 5 (tho we pay 4.3 on flogas) vs 15 can you not see the obvious?

Look, I'm happy for you to do your own thing. It doesn't affect me.

I'd imagine most water is heated on night rate via immersion at about 8 C/Kwh or Via gas/Oil/Solid Fuels.

I'd imagine most water is heated on night rate via immersion at about 8 C/Kwh or Via gas/Oil/Solid Fuels.

Electric showers used on day-rate elec vs a tank heated on gas.

• Advertisement

Electric showers can be used at night rate too up to 8 am Winter and 9am Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I checked my bills a couple of days ago. 4c and 16c it is for me too. And with a 98% efficient boiler, losses because of converting gas to heated water are minimal

Obviously if you have a night meter and shower late at night or early in the morning like most people do, the 16c figure will become half that or so...

And for all those folk with electric showers: have a shower in someone's house with a pump and you'll bin your crap electric shower the next day, even if it was twice as expensive to run (instead of twice as cheap) :p

yeah the problem in Ireland is the poor pressure compared to Germany for instance where the water pipes from the road are massive compared to here.

unkel wrote: »
    I checked my bills a couple of days ago. 4c and 16c it is for me too. And with a 98% efficient boiler, losses because of converting gas to heated water are minimal

Obviously if you have a night meter and shower late at night or early in the morning like most people do, the 16c figure will become half that or so...

And for all those folk with electric showers: have a shower in someone's house with a pump and you'll bin your crap electric shower the next day, even if it was twice as expensive to run (instead of twice as cheap) :p

I prefer my electric shower over pumped ones. With a boiler you have a couple of meters of copper pipes and then it works as a heat exchanger. Also gas isn't 98% efficient.

You'd have to be different Ted ! :P

yeah the problem in Ireland is the poor pressure compared to Germany for instance where the water pipes from the road are massive compared to here.

Don't get me going about our third world water supply :mad:

On the continent people have combi boilers. They heat the water instantly (from gas) when you use it. These are "verboten" here

Also on the continent (where there is proper water pressure) people do not have the ridiculous setup of a tank in the attic that feeds all water points, so you have contaminated water throughout your house (except the kitchen sink) that is barely suitable for brushing your teeth with and that would make you sick drinking it :rolleyes:

As if water here is some sort of scarce commodity in Ireland :rolleyes:

Our "Santa Claus" politicians went out to increase public sector wages by 25% per year and cut taxes in the 90s and 00s instead of fixing our infrastructure :rolleyes: :mad:

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Don't get me going about our third world water supply :mad:

On the continent people have combi boilers. They heat the water instantly (from gas) when you use it. These are "verboten" here

Also on the continent (where there is proper water pressure) people do not have the ridiculous setup of a tank in the attic that feeds all water points, so you have contaminated water throughout your house (except the kitchen sink) that is barely suitable for brushing your teeth with and that would make you sick drinking it :rolleyes:

As if water here is some sort of scarce commodity in Ireland :rolleyes:

Our "Santa Claus" politicians went out to increase public sector wages by 25% per year and cut taxes in the 90s and 00s instead of fixing our infrastructure :rolleyes: :mad:

/rant

And while they were at it, they drove up property prices, enslaving couples to bricks and mortar for decades nearly half a century to come.

But lads, this thread now has nothing to do with a Nissan Leaf.

Apologies :o

I find it hard to stay on topic in this forum at times, and I observe the same happens to others. I don't recall having this issue (to this extent) on any other forum in my time on boards. I guess some subjects more suitable for other forums are discussed here because they are very closely related and it is hard to pigeonhole related posts into separate threads in separate forums. Not sure if there is an easy solution to this without the forum getting sterile.

Apologies :o

I find it hard to stay on topic in this forum at times, and I observe the same happens to others. I don't recall having this issue (to this extent) on any other forum in my time on boards. I guess some subjects more suitable for other forums are discussed here because they are very closely related and it is hard to pigeonhole related posts into separate threads in separate forums. Not sure if there is an easy solution to this without the forum getting sterile.

Can I suggest then that we have a separate thread for "electric showers & existing heavy electricity loading implications on EV home charge points" as that's really where the relevance with EV's end :)

• Advertisement

I'm going for a "Shower" now ! ;)

Advertisement