Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number profile incorrect

Options
  • 26-01-2017 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi, not sure Iif you can help me, but here goes.
    I'm currently with a different provider but I'm looking at my broadband options. The eir website checker is showing my landline number with an incorrect speed. I know this for definite. I have called the Eir sales to find out my broadband options but the speed given is incorrect & I was told that the speed I have is not possible.
    I had an Eir guy here recently checking a dial fault & he confirmed my speeds are listed incorrectly(in fact they could be higher) & it must be a setting that's wrong somewhere on the system.
    My provider cannot sort this as they don't own the lines.
    I can't consider moving until I know what speeds I can get.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jgbyr wrote: »
    Hi, not sure Iif you can help me, but here goes.
    I'm currently with a different provider but I'm looking at my broadband options. The eir website checker is showing my landline number with an incorrect speed. I know this for definite.  I have called the Eir sales to find out my broadband options but the speed given is incorrect & I was told that the speed I have is not possible.
    I had an Eir guy here recently checking a dial fault & he confirmed my speeds are listed incorrectly(in fact they could be higher) & it must be a setting that's wrong somewhere on the system.  
    My provider cannot sort this as they don't own the  lines.  
    I can't consider moving until I know what speeds I can get.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Hi  jgbyr,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Does your provider use the same infrastructure as eir? Feel free to PM me your name and line number and I can check the speed your line is prequaling for.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Hi  jgbyr,

Does your provider use the same infrastructure as eir? Feel free to PM me your name and line number and I can check the speed your line is prequaling for.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thank you Pamela. Pm sent.

Hi  jgbyr,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Thank you Pamela. Pm sent.
    Thanks  jgbyr,

-Pamela 

Thank you for your reply. I've just pm'd a query.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I've just pm'd a query.

Thanks
    No problem jgbyr. I'm just going through my PM's now.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Thanks for taking the time to answer my queries Pamela. I appreciate it.
    Regards

Thanks for taking the time to answer my queries Pamela. I appreciate it.
    Regards
    No problem at all  jgbyr :D
    Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement