Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull City vs Manchester United EFL CUP Thurs 26 Jan 19:45

• 26-01-2017 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

hull_city_vs_man_united.jpg

Manchester United have close to a full squad available for the second leg of their EFL Cup semi-final against Hull on Thursday.

Manager Jose Mourinho has no fresh injury concerns and defender Marcos Rojo is also available again after missing the draw at Stoke at the weekend through illness.

Defender Eric Bailly will also rejoin the United squad in the coming days following Ivory Coast's elimination from the African Nations Cup.

Hull will be without departing winger Robert Snodgrass and defender Curtis Davies.

Snodgrass, for whom the Tigers have accepted a £10million bid from Burnley, is currently sidelined with a muscle strain, while centre-half Davies sustained a hamstring injury in Sunday's defeat at Chelsea.

The Tigers are hoping to receive international clearance in time for Liverpool loanee Lazar Markovic to make his debut, but Ryan Mason is recovering in hospital after fracturing his skull at Stamford Bridge.

Hull provisional squad: Jakupovic, Marshall, Elabdellaoui, Maguire, Dawson, Robertson, Evandro, Meyler, Huddlestone, Clucas, Hernandez, Diomande, Niasse, Maloney, Tymon, Bowen, Markovic.

United provisional squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Shaw, Blind, Young, Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Rooney.

20170126_164936.png

No point doing possible lineups it would be a lottery....

Enjoy

Comments

• No Phil again....
    I am disappoint....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Gonna miss the start of this, have to go look at a new car. Bah, such timing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hopefully a nice relaxed game with no injuries and a comfortable passage to the final.

Myself, this lad and the rest of the other fans (except Mick, he was an accomplished Tiddly Winks champion in school) need some of that sweet sweet glory to alleviate the sadness of the lives we lead.

150px-Dustin_at_Christmas_1998.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Hopefully a nice relaxed game with no injuries and a comfortable passage to the final.

Myself, this lad and the rest of the other fans (except Mick, he was an accomplished Tiddly Winks champion in school) need some of that sweet sweet glory to alleviate the sadness of the lives we lead.

Go on ya good thing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I wouldnt mind a long ball off side goal by Fellaini to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's a pity United got that second goal from a neutrals point of view. Should be a comfortable enough evening for them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Johner wrote: »
    It's a pity United got that second goal from a neutrals point of view. Should be a comfortable enough evening for them now.

Aye the second goal in these ties is massive. If we can score tonight then you'd have to imagine the chances of us conceding 3 are pretty tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Should be a stroll to the final from here.

Score early then take the gas off, be grand. Hopefully a nice boring game, and quiet thread.

Rod Munch wrote: »

Just don't mention your OH or your holiday.

Jayop, you run the risk of getting called out for mentioning that new car. Best of luck with the purchase, best of luck with the insurance more like it. Eh, Rod? :pac:

Oh right, a football match. This United team are hopefully going to continue to grind out decent results amid a busy run. Jose said that he will be fielding his strongest team for this game. With that said, I don't see a goal-fest happening tonight, with only one team scoring. I'd like to think that will be United, but Hull will be looking to make the best of a bad season with this game and won't be easy to break down.

1-0 United.

0005c4aa-562.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm a builder!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

For any of ye on titter this is a brilliant account

@DustinOfficial

Now for the game I hope to see a few goals we need to get back into the habit of scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Why all the Dustin love?

Nalz wrote: »
    Why all the Dustin love?

Why not? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Why all the Dustin love?

Because, like him, we all only support United to add some accomplishment to our otherwise pathetic lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

Martial out of the squad again! Could be on his way in the summer if things don't turn around for him.

Much stronger than I expected.

Jose wasn't fibbing, that is a strong line-up.

I don't think we've seen Rojo at LB for quite a few games, I could be wrong there. It will be interesting to see what he offers from an attacking point of view.

Jose has said that when Valencia plays RB, he prefers the rest of the backline to stay deep and Val to push forward. With him not playing tonight, I wonder what the plan of attack is for the fullbacks.

Two consecutive match-day squads which an uninjured Martial has been absent from, hmm...

SteM wrote: »
    Martial out of the squad again! Could be on his way in the summer if things don't turn around for him.

I'd be gutted if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Some posts disappearing for anyone else?

It's important I see them all, especially the Dustin ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jayop wrote: »
    Aye the second goal in these ties is massive. If we can score tonight then you'd have to imagine the chances of us conceding 3 are pretty tiny.

4.. away goals comes into it after extra time.. so if we score it's pretty much game over

*Quote Unearthly's post here*

Boards is fúcky on desktop for me. For instance, I can't see some posts, and the quote function isn't working. I tried to quote Unearthly's post about the glitch, but nothing. I blame Dustin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

stankratz wrote: »
    *Quote Unearthly's post here*

Boards is fúcky on desktop for me. For instance, I can't see some posts, and the quote function isn't working. I tried to quote Unearthly's post about the glitch, but nothing. I blame Dustin.

It's the same on mobile.. posted a post 5 times cause I thought it wasn't getting through :pac:

astradave wrote: »
    It's the same on mobile.. posted a post 5 times cause I thought it wasn't getting through :pac:

A few page refreshes seem to help.

Oh, and the quote function is working here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Why all the Dustin love?

Check out the Liverpool match thread from last night, one of there fans had his Rafael "facts" moment. Pretty good stuff to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Help.

Need an excuse to get out of the mother in laws house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

SteM wrote: »

Hope not.

Shaw back in the matchday squad.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Is that the Utd fans you can hear chanting?

yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hull fans have forgot what night the game is on by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's galling to see Jones booked that early in the match for something Stoke players did with impunity last weekend. It's absolutely a yellow card but the inconsistency is maddening at this stage.

Haha, and then he doesn't ****ing book Meyer. Refs are mental.

Good thread this, must not be many watching.

Paint drying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

This is brutal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

That's horrific defending!!!

• Advertisement

no need for it to be anything else, United not needing to play any kind of risky game, kill it dead from the start.

Stroll to Wembley, keep the players fresh.

Away fans making their own entertainment ☺️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Its that same chant that's been sung for the past 30 min is doing my nut in

Brad-Pitt-Tense-Bored-In-Seven-Gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fs

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Jaysus ref

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Haven't seen a pen for United like that all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

His own man took him out for christ sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wtf Jon Moss

Never a peno!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good acting and the Oscar goes to Hull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Where to **** is the penalty there ffs??

Might wake us up a bit now. Have been atrocious so far

Game on now.

We need to wake the fcuk up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Joke decision, he fell over his own player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Shocker from the ref.

Kopp wishes Moss was refereeing last night's match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Utd have been getting screwed by refs all season, nothing new here. What a joke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement