Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talking As Ye Wake From A Dream ....?

• 26-01-2017 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Ever do that :confused:

I often enough do. It's like my mind simply insists on finishing what I was saying, in the dream. Thus I find myself quite literally talking to the wall. I know I'm awake now. I know what I'm doing is ridiculous. Just can't help it though.

Today, I'd had this long and rambling dream. Seemed to go on for ever. Utter nonsense for the most part, of course. Dreams normally are, aren't they?

It ended up with me wanting these three chickens off this lad. I'd decided to offer him a fiver each for them. (Why the f**k would I want chickens?!) And an old rabbit trap had come into it, somehow. In a past life, I was a bit of an old trap nerd, to be honest.

So then, I woke up. And off I went! " That trap's a so and so brand. It's a blah, blah, blah." On and f**king on about this bloody trap. Fully conscious that I'm blathering away, loud and clear to my room. Yet completely trapped in it. No way could I stop till I'd fully explained the damn trap and offered him a fiver a piece for his poxy chickens!

Then I got up.

You ever do similar to that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

After going on real heavy drinking binges of 4 or 5 days straight i've woke up with rats running around the room and even though i know they're not there im shoo-ing them away and usually need to get to the bathroom and throw water around myself to being me back to reality.

****ing horrors :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I do that too though Im not totally conscious of reality when I wake up. Like a few nights ago i had a dream where my mam was in danger, I was screaming her name in the dream and then I woke up and even though I knew I was awake now I still thought the dream was real , so I let out a big scream for my mum at 5 o'clock in the morning completely out of the blue, boyfriend was a bit surprised to say the least :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Worst is waking up after a big night out. The Mrs in a mood with me.

Is it because I was langers last night or because I called out Melinda Messinger's name during a very passionate dream?

The guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I talk in my sleep, unsurprisingly, I never seem to stop talking.
    I've woken myself up laughing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

... I've woken myself up laughing too.

Me too!! But not for a while now :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Stigura

I've mentioned, on here, before; My wife used to get Really pissed at me, because I'd erupt into consciousness, laughing like a drain, of a morning.

I should add: My ex wife :rolleyes:

Advertisement