Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this Mountain Bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

billyhead wrote: »
    Any feedback would be appreciated. It would be used as an around town bike and the odd commute to work 13km each way (use the road bike at present) and some off road riding.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2763417/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/3%7Ccat_19719011%7CBikes+-+men%27s+and+ladies%27%7C14419153.htm

Link seems to be broken, but I can't imagine Argos sell anything capable of actual mountain biking. Might be fine around town but if you're planning to go to Ballinastoe or Ticknock then it's probably not going to survive too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭billyhead

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Link seems to be broken, but I can't imagine Argos sell anything capable of actual mountain biking. Might be fine around town but if you're planning to go to Ballinastoe or Ticknock then it's probably not going to survive too long.
    Cheers bogman. Definitely wont be doing Ticknock or the likes. Hope this link works

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2763417/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/3%7Ccat_19719011%7CBikes+-+men%27s+and+ladies%27%7C14419153.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wouldn't buy a bike off argos. there's no scope for it being set up properly before you're sent out with it (it's marked as self-assembly) and if it does need an odd tweak under warranty, they won't be able to do it for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's also extremely heavy. 19kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Biking.ie are selling off a fleet of rental bikes and they're a good spec for the money around €500 I think.

I'm not sure what they have left but might be worth considering.

15085605_1347428828610218_4830910104024981634_n.jpg?oh=2fa83ca77706f7d607361b7eb130bebc&oe=58FE6098

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭531

You would get a better bike for less money in bike shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Check out your local bike shops, you might find a better gem. Support the locals! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Be careful that the photograph and description in that link do not match. The spec describes alloy v brakes front and back while the photo shows a disc front.

Based on the spec I'd say you'd be better off putting the money in a bag, then putting the bag in your shed and never using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Rigid suspension.

oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

That looks like the kind of bike that will make you hate cycling. Even Halfords would probably have something a lot better for very little more money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

That bike is muck, only saving grace is some very base level shimano components.
    It's not even cheap.
    It's the sort of bike you'd only inflict on someone like Trump.

Advertisement