Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on 20+yr old Japanese car

Options
  • 26-01-2017 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all does anyone have any info on getting insurance on japanease Import?? Im 28 with full no claums and everyday car in my own name...any info greatly appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Bzr Levin?

Insurance will be tricky. Maybe autoline or liberty.

Is this going to be a 2nd/weekend car or your main car?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BzrBren

Thanks fir the reply. It would be a weekend car...not as often as that even. Just wanting to know my options and anyone elses experiences. Are fhose the two main insurance companies??

Sorry probly a Levin or a Glanza believe it ir not...again probly not classics to most but to some one of my generation...only 2 cars i have ever regreted getting rid of in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭selectamatic

BzrBren wrote: »
    Sorry probly a Levin or a Glanza believe it ir not...again probly not classics to most but to some one of my generation...only 2 cars i have ever regreted getting rid of in the past!

A classic policy with autoline would be your best option so.

An Irish car or UK import would make life easier as some jap imports can cause issues. I've heard of some being turned down for classic policies due to the car being a jap import and the prospective policy holder not being old enough. Being over 30 makes all this stuff easier. As long as you keep autoline in the loop and ring them for insurance quotes on cars before you buy them ya should avoid any unnecessary headaches.

Also don't forget to consider the ep82 gt turbo.

Thanks for the info I'll give Autoline a call then and I would consider an ep82 but there getting very pricey at the moment and seem will only get dearer...thats why I'm thinking Glanza because they will probly be next...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I'm with FBD on an 89 Z32 TT, no issues getting the policy

Advertisement