Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

virgin tv? would you recommend it

• 26-01-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Apologies if there's a thread already about it, but in light of sky's recent announcements that discovery is being dropped from their services. I'm looking at other satellite providers. Would anyone recommend virgin? I'll be looking fir a provider that A) you can record on and B) provide some, if not all of the channels that sky no longer have...namely eurosport 1 and 2

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,514 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This section is about satellite TV reception via a satellite dish. This other section has some discussion about Virgin / Horizon TV and other services received through broadband fibre cables.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54

You'll gain Eurosport 1 and 2 but you'll lose the BT Sport channels and ITV. Depends on how you feel about what you'll gain vs what you'll lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Of course you can keep your dish for ITV and BT Sport.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

moved to cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The Virgin hardware is better than the Sky HD box for picture, sound and recording, but I must admit I haven't used Sky Q yet. The range of channels and on-demand services has always been better on Sky.

So look at the list of channels on each provider, decide which ones you really want and then go from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement