Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing name on account

Options
  • 26-01-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am the gas and electricity account holder for my rented accommodation, having set up new accounts in July 2016 in 12 month contracts. I will be moving out of my rented accommodation within the next two months and I am wondering if it is possible to change the gas and electricity account name and bank details to my current flatmate, without breaking the contract?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Once a name has been added to an Electric Ireland account it cannot be removed. As such, Electric Ireland would be unable to remove your name from the account, and replace it with another person's name.

If you are moving to a new premises and wish to register the supply at that property in your name, with Electric Ireland, you can take your Electric Ireland account numbers with you. This would prevent any disruption in your contract.

This can be completed over the phone with a member of the Electric Ireland Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday. They would require a closing meter reading from your current address; the name and telephone number of the party responsible for the supply at the premises after you move out (the new occupant, property owner, letting agent, etc.); the MPRN/GPRN of the new premises; the new address; and meter readings taken the day you moved into the property.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Okay, thanks for your help. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi again,

You're very welcome.

Should you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement