Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volvo V90

• 26-01-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭

I was looking at this model recently in a showroom. Very impressive car, the interior is excellent.

Currently 3 engines available in Ireland, 4 pot diesels with D3 (150bhp), D4(190) and D5 (235bhp).

Looks like Volvo will also be releasing the T8 drivetrain in the V90 soon, which is a 2l turbo and supercharged petrol engine (320bhp) with hybrid/phev technology. The electric motor then gives combined power of over 400bhp. This is in a Volvo estate with 4wd and 8 speed auto box.

Because it is a PHEV the emmissions are tiny, meaning low VRT and road tax. Also qualifies for 2.5k vrt refund and 5k grant for electric vechicle.

It looks class!

Volvo-V90-T8.jpg
    volvo-v90-t8-estate-interior.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Who'd have thought it, you'd imagine the Chinese would have ruined Volvo, but their money has been well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

But it's not a BMW so it will never be a drivers car.....:rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if that V90 wasn't the best in class. Savage looking car. Has all the right qualities of a big comfortable estate on paper at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

But... its only got 4 cylinders.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any idea of price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I would guess the T8 would be around 70k starting before options but really just a guess. The D5 AWD is 59k, and the premium in the XC90 of the T8 power over an XC90 with the D5 engine is 11k.

A lot of money obviously, but properly fast car, huge comfort, space and relatively low running costs. Not much can touch it in that segment currently.

BMW 530e touring would be their equivilant, and it has approx 250bhp. However, BMW are only getting 180bhp from their 2l petrol, only a matter of time before they up that. Minimum 300bhp from a 2l turbo is common now if you looks at VAG performance hatches, Merc A45 this Volvo etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I would guess the T8 would be around 70k starting before options but really just a guess. The D5 AWD is 59k, and the premium in the XC90 of the T8 power over an XC90 with the D5 engine is 11k.
    o etc

When you take the grants into account for a retail private customer, the XC90 T8 is only 3k more than the XC90 D5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I assumed the price they would quote would be inclusive of those grants. That being the case then the V70 T8 could be low 60s. Still mega money, but considering what the car is it's not bad 'value'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I was in local Volvo dealer looking at xc90 and they had v90 and still in its plastic a v90 "cross country " which is their equivalent of Audi "all road".
    Beautiful looking cars and interior very comfortable and luxurious
    They are doing 0% finance on the s90 already which must be a sign they aren't selling.
    Either Volvo are improving or I'm getting old as I find these more interesting and attractive than BMW or Audi design nowadays.
    Looked at the new 5 last weekend and really couldn't get enthusiastic for it, not that I was ever going to buy one but it didn't do much for me regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I was in local Volvo dealer looking at xc90 and they had v90 and still in its plastic a v90 "cross country " which is their equivalent of Audi "all road".
    Beautiful looking cars and interior very comfortable and luxurious
    They are doing 0% finance on the s90 already which must be a sign they aren't selling.
    Either Volvo are improving or I'm getting old as I find these more interesting and attractive than BMW or Audi design nowadays.
    Looked at the new 5 last weekend and really couldn't get enthusiastic for it, not that I was ever going to buy one but it didn't do much for me regardless.

Nope your not getting old just Audi and BMW design has stagnated they are stuck in a rut and have been putting out cars that barely look any different for at least the last 10 years now. Also there build quality and interior quality is not as good as it used to be either.
    The new Volvos are the best looking premium cars on the road now. The Thor lights on them look great as well.
    Id put Lexus second as the new GS looks great.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Saw the saloon version today, horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A seriously good looking car.

Like a lot of recent Volvo's I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭freddieot

A new saloon version in the car park at work. Looks good from the front \ side but horrific from the back. Pity because the interior looks very good too. Maybe the estate version might be better looking but I could not live with that 90s Peugeot looking rear end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Think it looks great..proper big old comfy barge for today's market.

Advertisement