Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

send generated emails automatically

Options
  • 26-01-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I am using a payroll software that creates an email in outlook, with the email address filled in and the payslip as an attachment.
    All I have to do is hit send and the mail goes to the employee.
    however, there are a lot of employees so I have to hit send a lot too.
    It takes a long time to send all the emails, one by one, send send send
    is there any way I can automate the Send process, anything I can download?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I use mail chimp

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

This is what we use http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ there is a free version that should do the trick for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I had a quick look at it.
    Cant figure out how it works.
    I will investigate further. Thank you

I installed click yes this morning.
    I pointed it at outlook.
    Then I opened my payroll software and hit send email payslips, whereupon they started going out one Buy one as they always did. So I opened task manager and close down payroll software because that's the only way you can stop the emails going out
    Then Outlook wouldn't open for me, so I rebooted the computer all together. I removed click yes from the computer.
    Then went back into my payroll software because I have to send out the payslips this morning.
    and now I am getting a message at each payslip saying'a program is trying to send an email message on your behalf. and I have to click allow for each one so I have really messed it up .
    Instead of hitting send I am hitting allow
    Aargh!!

I figured out why I am getting the new message - I unticked a box.
    I will contact Microsoft and see if they can help

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Installing unvetted programs you dont understand to manipulate highly sensitive employee data?

If this is something you need have somebody familiar with IT in the firm fix it. Its likely that your payroll suite can do it. Dont just try things till it hopefully works.

• Advertisement

No luck. It is not a process/ option they provide. Jesus Christ!!
    I understand they don't want to facilitate junk mail senders, but surely they can provide an option for legitimate senders.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheAbstracter

That sounds absolutely nuts to me! What happens when everyone gets everyone else's payslip? Waiting to happen.

It's an app.

How could it send send the wrong payslips?
    I am not asking it to generate the emails. They are generated by the payroll software.
    I want It to hit the send button on a load of emails, instead of me sitting there hitting send.

Kewreeuss, what is it doing now?
    Click yes doesn't make any changes to outlook or any software. It just sits in the system tray. Un-installing completely removes it.

We use it on Sage Micropay to send our payslips through outlook.

Hi poco,
    Thanks for asking.
    I got help from IT, reinstalled and it worked a dream on a sample.
    It's quick too. Next week I'll send the full run.
    I'm slowly getting through the little problems. That was a big one!

A sample, because I had already sent 300 payslips one by one and people would have got upset to get two payslips in their inbox!

• Advertisement

That's great to hear. Just an FYI if you need to do any tests with it, you can put outlook offline. It's under file or the send receive tab, depending on the version of outlook you have. Once offline all the mails will get stuck in the outbox. You can either delete them or go back on line to send them. It's a handy way to test without clogging up people mail with duplicates.

Advertisement