Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car value for car insurance

Options
  • 26-01-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

hi insurance company ask me whats value of my car can i put couple of grand over the market value as in the event of a claim theyll only give market value anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No point in putting more than the market value. A good guide would be halfway between the most expensive and cheapest on sale privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kh8

No point in putting more than the market value. A good guide would be halfway between the most expensive and cheapest on sale privately.

with some companys it will drop couple of hundred if a put bigger price on cars value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

kh8 wrote: »
    with some companys it will drop couple of hundred if a put bigger price on cars value

Will the premium drop if you put higher value??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why would you though. The car will be judged on its current value in the event of a collision. Rating car more or less valuable than it is right now will only get the insurer to think you're up to something..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Will the premium drop if you put higher value??? :confused:

Yes. In some casss. Some companies load cars that are worth less than a certain amount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement