Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Third Date

Options
  • 27-01-2017 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭

So Croker allow 3 gigs/events a year.

U2 have one night, Coldplay have another, any idea who might have the third?

Ed already doing two nights in 3arena. Guns n Roses doing Slane. Any artist worthy of selling out Croker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

So Croker allow 3 gigs/events a year.

U2 have one night, Coldplay have another, any idea who might have the third?

Ed already doing two nights in 3arena. Guns n Roses doing Slane. Any artist worthy of selling out Croker?

Jut heard on the radio kings of Leon are tipped for third Croke park gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

testicles wrote: »
    Garth Brooks

Won't be him. He'll need two or three nights with it all being subject to license. I'm not seeing how they will have the time for the whole license application before June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

With any sense it is a 2nd U2 show on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rolling Stones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Not an iota of a hope it will be Kings of Leon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

mcgregor-marketing.jpg

UFC would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

callaway92 wrote: »
    Not an iota of a hope it will be Kings of Leon

Why? Lol
    I hope it's not and I'll be surprised enough if it is. hoping it's the Rolling Stones but kings of Leon have always sold very well here in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    mcgregor-marketing.jpg

UFC would be awesome

No, no it wouldn't.

I love MMA, but it'd be horrendous in Croke Park.

I reckon it's between KOL and Rolling Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Metallica :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Please be the Rolling Stones......and in May. Not much to ask for.

corm500 wrote: »
    Please be the Rolling Stones......and in May. Not much to ask for.

If it's to be in May they need to get there act together and announce it

Can see it being June sometime but the stadium has nothing in May ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    mcgregor-marketing.jpg

UFC would be awesome

As MMA is sport it wouldn't fall under the 3 events a year category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Is the 3rd night definitely booked. They could also just leave a free spot. Just because Crime Park is allowed 3 gigs a year, doesn't mean that they have to meet that 3 a year.

The Raptor wrote: »
    Won't be him. He'll need two or three nights with it all being subject to license. I'm not seeing how they will have the time for the whole license application before June.

You're being overly optimistic if you think Garth Brooks can sell three nights there, never mind one. GB has ****ed over his non US based fans. Hynesie summed it up well in another thread - 'He seems to be content at having a world tour never to have crossed an ocean'. His world tour was originally rumoured to be 3 years long. He started in September 2014. We're coming up to the 3 year mark later this year and he's only ever touched America with his tour. Other artists can have many different legs to their tours and hit other areas of the world outside of America in a 2-3 year timeframe. Himself - 3 years concentrating on only America.

Is the 3rd night definitely booked. They could also just leave a free spot. Just because Crime Park is allowed 3 gigs a year, doesn't mean that they have to meet that 3 a year.

Crime Park! Lol! Mistake there. That should read Croke Park. My phone changed Croke to crime a few times here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No, but the GAA will want a third sold out night to benefit financially!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

You're being overly optimistic if you think Garth Brooks can sell three nights there, never mind one. GB has ****ed over his non US based fans. Hynesie summed it up well in another thread - 'He seems to be content at having a world tour never to have crossed an ocean'. His world tour was originally rumoured to be 3 years long. He started in September 2014. We're coming up to the 3 year mark later this year and he's only ever touched America with his tour. Other artists can have many different legs to their tours and hit other areas of the world outside of America in a 2-3 year timeframe. Himself - 3 years concentrating on only America.

Don't underestimate his popularity here, just look at the uproar the whole 2014 thing caused. He's a phenomenon here, it's nothing like his fan base anywhere else, most of these people would snap up tickets if he put them on sale tomorrow. I don't think it will be him for Croke Park though, but he will be back at some stage!

No, but the GAA will want a third sold out night to benefit financially!

Padraic Duffy has already said there will be 3 gigs in 2017. These gigs are booked well in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

davywalsh7 wrote: »

underwhelming

• Advertisement

Padraic Duffy has already said there will be 3 gigs in 2017. These gigs are booked well in advance!

He could easily have said it by mistake or presumed Ed Sheeran was playing there but there must be a third date as either Coldplay and u2 would of announced a second date otherwise

Hoping the date won't clash with GNR in London (16/17 June) if it's an band that's of interest to me

Don't underestimate his popularity here, just look at the uproar the whole 2014 thing caused. He's a phenomenon here, it's nothing like his fan base anywhere else, most of these people would snap up tickets if he put them on sale tomorrow. I don't think it will be him for Croke Park though, but he will be back at some stage!

A lot of people turned against him after that. Not only reading comments online but in real life too. I knew a few people who were due to attend one of his gigs back in 2014 and many said they wouldn't go and see him if he came back. A few has even said such more recently too.

Me, I didn't turn against him or his music. What happened, happened. I moved on and had hope that he would return. We're now coming into February of 2017 next week and there's nothing happening here on this. I'm actually fairly pissed off and annoyed at this stage. If it's happening, he should be coming out with a statement and announcing gigs outside of America. If it continues on for much longer, he can go fcuk himself. Treating Ireland as just an afterthought.

A lot of people turned against him after that. Not only reading comments online but in real life too. I knew a fee people who were due to attend one of his gigs back in 2014 and many said they wouldn't go and see him if he came back. A few has even said such more recently too.

Me, I didn't turn against him or his music. What happened, happened. I moved on and had hope that he would return. We're now coming into February of 2017 next week and there's nothing happening here on this. I'm actually fairly pissed off and annoyed at this stage. If it's happening, he should be coming out with a statement and announcing gigs outside of America. If it continues on for much longer, he can go fcuk himself. Treating Ireland as just an afterthought.

Why the bitterness? Didn't you say you saw him in America? In fact you said you travelled the world to see him. Why do you call America the world as well?

The Raptor wrote: »
    Why the bitterness? Didn't you say you saw him in America? In fact you said you travelled the world to see him. Why do you call America the world as well?

Where's the bitterness?

Nearly every post you make here in the gigs and events section is about Garth Brooks as if there's no other music in the world. Obsessed much?

I can only speak for myself but I'd have no interest in seeing him if and when he attempts to play here again. I was able to get tickets for the third night last time and all the fuss and drama around it really sucked the joy out of it for me.

I can only speak for myself but I'd have no interest in seeing him if and when he attempts to play here again. I was able to get tickets for the third night last time and all the fuss and drama around it really sucked the joy out of it for me.

I hear ya and I'm sure there are people who feel the same, my point is that there are also alot of people who would go through it all again tomorrow!

Where's the bitterness?

Nearly every post you make here in the gigs and events section is about Garth Brooks as if there's no other music in the world. Obsessed much?

"I'm actually fairly pissed off and annoyed at this stage. If it continues on for much longer, he can go **** himself. Treating Ireland as just an afterthought".

Bitterness written all over it.

Treating Ireland as an afterthought?. He actually said that he would like to return to Dublin during one of his facebook live videos. It's not if he will, it's when. He'll be back, I have no doubt about it. For someone that can travel to see him, you sure sound bitter over what he does and how he plans his tour.

I hear ya and I'm sure there are people who feel the same, my point is that there are also alot of people who would go through it all again tomorrow!

Oh absolutely, hopefully for his fans though he'll do dates across the country. If Springsteen can do it brooks surely could. Jesus, thinking back on it, that was a national embarrassment. Do ya remember people were calling on Obama to step in and say something

is Brooks actually big enough worldwide to tour a lot of countries ???. I heard he is only really popular here and in Norway but it could be BS, surly he is big i the UK ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is Brooks actually big enough worldwide to tour a lot of countries ???. I heard he is only really popular here and in Norway but it could be BS, surly he is big i the UK ???

Nope, he did one UK tour in the 90's and that was a failure, he's never had a no1 album outside of Ireland/the US. He's not even a nostalgia act in the UK. He might do OK in Australia but it would be 90% Irish people.

Advertisement