Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Third Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is Brooks actually big enough worldwide to tour a lot of countries ???. I heard he is only really popular here and in Norway but it could be BS, surly he is big i the UK ???

He has a following in The UK but nowhere near his fanbase here. Ireland is the only country outside The USA that he has a huge following, it's kinda weird and dates back to the Line Dancing craze here in the 90s. He does have a following in other countries but he Ireland is the only place he would play stadiums (apart from America)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

is Brooks actually big enough worldwide to tour a lot of countries ???. I heard he is only really popular here and in Norway but it could be BS, surly he is big i the UK ???

Wasn't 70,000 tickets sold for Croke Park to people abroad. Most of them from the UK. So I reckon he's big over there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There's no way it's KOL, The Mirror printed last week that it was to be Ed Sheeran in Croke Park, a source also told them that there would be 2 U2 concerts and prior to that printed that Guns n Roses were going to play Croke Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's no way it's KOL, The Mirror printed last week that it was to be Ed Sheeran in Croke Park, a source also told them that there would be 2 U2 concerts and prior to that printed that Guns n Roses were going to play Croke Park!

I'm convinced they take their "sources" from posts on here.

• Advertisement

Completely agree.

They wrote that they could. So it's pure bull**** with no proof.

a bill of Kol,The Killers and maybe add someone like Hozier or Gavin James would sell out Croke park

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'm convinced they take their "sources" from posts on here.

It's safe to say whoever it is, nobody knows except maybe the GAA and the promoter. I was told that it was an Aiken gig from a reliable source so there can only be a few acts!

If Padraic Duffy hadn't said "we won't be handing it to Garth Brooks" - I would have predicted a Garth suprise but I think it might be Rolling Stones now!

It's safe to say whoever it is, nobody knows except maybe the GAA and the promoter. I was told that it was an Aiken gig from a reliable source so there can only be a few acts!

If Padraic Duffy hadn't said "we won't be handing it to Garth Brooks" - I would have predicted a Garth suprise but I think it might be Rolling Stones now!

who else do Aiken promote in Ireland ???. Doubt Bruce Springsteen will be coming back so soon, were u2 not aiken at one point ??

who else do Aiken promote in Ireland ???. Doubt Bruce Springsteen will be coming back so soon, were u2 not aiken at one point ??

AFAIK, Aiken promoted their first Croke Park gig in the 80s. U2 are MCD/Live Nation for this concert. Adele is a possibility too I guess.

• Advertisement

AFAIK, Aiken promoted their first Croke Park gig in the 80s. U2 are MCD/Live Nation for this concert. Adele is a possibility too I guess.

Bon Jovi too but very much doubt they would sell out CP with Richie gone. They played there in 2006 or 2007 and I don't think it sold out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Nope, he did one UK tour in the 90's and that was a failure, he's never had a no1 album outside of Ireland/the US. He's not even a nostalgia act in the UK. He might do OK in Australia but it would be 90% Irish people.

Garth Brooks will be touring Australia towards the end of this year, announcement expected in coming weeks

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Garth Brooks will be touring Australia towards the end of this year, announcement expected in coming weeks

Any source or just rumour? AFAIK he always said the tour would be USA, Europe then Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Any source or just rumour? AFAIK he always said the tour would be USA, Europe then Australia.

The man himself referred to it on Facebook video on Monday night last when he said they will be going to Oz at the end of the year. No mention of Europe though but defo going outside the US this year!

The man himself referred to it on Facebook video on Monday night last when he said they will be going to Oz at the end of the year. No mention of Europe though but defo going outside the US this year!

Hmmm.. I heard that on his video, I assumed he meant going to Oz as in The Wizard Of Oz, haha! This thread has turned into another Garth Brooks thread!

Crime Park! Lol! Mistake there. That should read Croke Park. My phone changed Croke to crime a few times here.

I really thought you did that deliberately :D

I didn't pick up on that but you're right.

I re watched it again and he was talking about what to expect during the year and his Facebook live videos. He said he'll talk about babies, he'll take it out of the studio, show us the coolest place on the planet, take us to oz, take us on the road, show us the behind the scenes stuff.

I wonder where the coolest place on the planet is?

I think he said something similar during his Irish press conference in 2014, he talked about Ireland and why he wanted his comeback gigs in Ireland. He wanted to show people how lovely we were. Are we still cool?

Garth has to come back. I've been watching him live all night long on periscope. That has to be the coolest thing ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wooderson wrote: »
    With any sense it is a 2nd U2 show on the Friday.

I think that U2 will play the Friday ,there is just some technical issue delaying the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I think that U2 will play the Friday ,there is just some technical issue delaying the announcement.

Here's hoping you're right, what gives me hope is that there has been no official statement from the people that matter. U2 have to be able to play at least 2 gigs in there own city. OK I might be clutching at straws.

• Advertisement

clickhere wrote: »
    Here's hoping you're right, what gives me hope is that there has been no official statement from the people that matter. U2 have to be able to play at least 2 gigs in there own city. OK I might be clutching at straws.

Padraic Duffy said that there will be no 2nd U2 concert. There is a 3rd concert planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Padraic Duffy said that there will be no 2nd U2 concert. There is a 3rd concert planned.

Do you have a source for this statement, because I can't find any. Thanks.

There was a link provided in one of these threads.

It's already been stated that the promotors seem to share the dates. So with two MCD acts already announced, the third has to be an Aiken act.

Doesn't Aiken have a habit of putting on more concerts? In 2015, there was one MCD concert (the script), and two Aiken (Ed Sheeran).

The rumour is the rolling stones and they're Aiken. But would they sell two nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Raptor wrote: »
    It's already been stated that the promotors seem to share the dates. So with two MCD acts already announced, the third has to be an Aiken act.

Doesn't Aiken have a habit of putting on more concerts? In 2015, there was one MCD concert (the script), and two Aiken (Ed Sheeran).

The rumour is the rolling stones and they're Aiken. But would they sell two nights?

No chance the Stones would sell out two nights ,their ticket prices are crazy,especially considering their dynamic ticket prices.

No chance the Stones would sell out two nights ,their ticket prices are crazy,especially considering their dynamic ticket prices.

I was kind of hoping they might have two or three nights extra planned and Padraig Duffy was just talking through his hole about Garth.

Actually didn't one of the Croke Park management guys say last year that they wanted Garth back.

I posted a link in one of the other Rumour threads.. He was in front of the Oirechtas commitee last week and was asked if there was going to be a second U2 gig, he said that they would love to have more than 1 but there is a 3rd gig in Croke Park, he joked that they wouldn't be handing the last gig to Garth Brooks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Not sure where this Stones rumour is coming from. Their official site says they're off road at the moment. Though with the new album out the time is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 gmar96

Excuse jumping in here but it's got to be U2 hasn't it? Sure sell out, no question. Everything points to it, even the insistence that that's Europe "finalised" on U2.com. Marketing ploy if ever I heard one.

As if they need to create demand, but that's the job description.

Course it could also be the truth but I doubt it.

Advertisement