Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Third Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

gmar96 wrote: »
    Excuse jumping in here but it's got to be U2 hasn't it? Sure sell out, no question. Everything points to it, even the insistence that that's Europe "finalised" on U2.com. Marketing ploy if ever I heard one.

As if they need to create demand, but that's the job description.

Course it could also be the truth but I doubt it.

Why wait though? It doesn't make sense. If the 3rd night was available to U2, they would have announced it straight away particularly with all the bad press about tickets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gmar96

Yeah I take your point but I simply don't understand the reasoning given the demand here, unless it's just about Croker not being available?

I'd still be amazed if they only do 1 show in Ireland

gmar96 wrote: »
    Yeah I take your point but I simply don't understand the reasoning given the demand here, unless it's just about Croker not being available?

I'd still be amazed if they only do 1 show in Ireland

I was told that the U2 Gigs were booked late and at that stage there was only 1 remaining spot left in Croke Park, I guess 1 was better than none.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why wait though? It doesn't make sense.
    One reason would be to make more on the seatwave sales. If a second date is announced the price for the current tickets will drop.

In france there are 2 gigs, there is no pitch1/2 just standing, and on seatwave you can get one for €114 and €109 on the second night. Pitch 2 is €490 and pitch 1 is €349 here.

In the UK it is 1 standing area too, 1st night is €292, 2nd is €184. The second is a sunday which would explain the large difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gmar96

I wouldn't call that marketing that's just plain wrong and in their backyard. I might be stupidly naive here but that's surely not on.

Interesting to see what this investigation does or (probably more likely) doesn't turn up.

Someone's gonna put me right here and may be my rose tinted view... Must surely be out of the bands control???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Garth Brooks does a weekly video thing called StudioG on Facebook. There was a video up there tonight talking a bit about the rest of the year. He's in the last stretch of the tour. There's 20 more cities to get to in the US and wrapping things up in Nashville/Oklahoma. No word about touring overseas.

I'd be sure at this stage, if there's a third gig for Croke Park, it won't be going to him.

It's sickening stuff from him. How come other bands/artists can do a world tour and have different legs to their tour reaching many different continents?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's hard to say. I don't think it'll be Garth. KOL are past it at this stage and would be more suited to the 3 arena. I thought it was going be Ed but it's not so who does that leave? If it was going to be U2 I think it would have been announced soon after the last gig sold out. Adele's tour takes her up to July 2nd but aparently those gigs in Wembley are the last of the tour so I guess that rules her out. Honestly it looks like the most likely scenario at the moment is no 3rd gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Remember the tour u2 did in 05?? The third night was announced but the tickets going on sale was kept a surprise until very close to the on sale date (possibly even only being announced when they were on sale) could they be planning something similar. Announce a 2nd date with tickets going on sale immediately???

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Remember the tour u2 did in 05?? The third night was announced but the tickets going on sale was kept a surprise until very close to the on sale date (possibly even only being announced when they were on sale) could they be planning something similar. Announce a 2nd date with tickets going on sale immediately???

I think there is as much chance of a Garth Brooks concert as a 2nd U2 concert.

No chance.

Garth Brooks does a weekly video thing called StudioG on Facebook. There was a video up there tonight talking a bit about the rest of the year. He's in the last stretch of the tour. There's 20 more cities to get to in the US and wrapping things up in Nashville/Oklahoma. No word about touring overseas.

I'd be sure at this stage, if there's a third gig for Croke Park, it won't be going to him.

It's sickening stuff from him. How come other bands/artists can do a world tour and have different legs to their tour reaching many different continents?

He's a cúnt.

• Advertisement

I think there is as much chance of a Garth Brooks concert as a 2nd U2 concert.

No chance.

And there's nil chance of that happening.

MadYaker wrote: »
    He's a cúnt.

I remained on as a fan after the 2014 mess. I loved his music in the past and liked it then and still do and I was hoping he would be back and the past three years flew by.

This whole thing about drip feeding his tour and talking in vague cirles, no body knows where they stand. It looks highly likely he won't even leave the states on his 'world tour'. He's just after fcuking over his oversea fans. An almighty cúnt he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 treble1999

Isn't there new rules in place regarding extra dates with the local residents? Before they would have sold the U2 extra date straight away on a subject to license basis. Now they have to get the license first before they announce the date

treble1999 wrote: »
    Isn't there new rules in place regarding extra dates with the local residents? Before they would have sold the U2 extra date straight away on a subject to license basis. Now they have to get the license first before they announce the date

Nope the gigs are still subject to license. The license application process has changed. It's very simple, if there was a second night available to U2, they would have announced it straight away. The GAA have already said that there is a 3rd gig this year.

treble1999 wrote: »

My understanding is that Croke Park is allowed 3 gigs a year. A promoter running a gig there and taking a slot would have to submit an events management plan and then with that a licence would be granted. Them 3 gigs doesn't come into the public events licencing rules and regulations.

Nope the gigs are still subject to license. The license application process has changed. It's very simple, if there was a second night available to U2, they would have announced it straight away. The GAA have already said that there is a 3rd gig this year.

Did they say that a gig has already been agreed and given a licence or just that a third gig is possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

An almighty cúnt he is.

Say it ain't so!!!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Did they say that a gig has already been agreed and given a licence or just that a third gig is possible?

Padraic Duffy said there will be no 2nd U2 as much as they would like one. He also said there will be a third gig in 2017 and that they won't be handing it to Garth Brooks! These gigs are planned well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sportzstar

Is the 3rd night definitely booked. Crime Park

It can only be called that when Diarmuid Connolly is lining out for the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

sportzstar wrote: »
    It can only be called that when Diarmuid Connolly is lining out for the Dubs.

You jealous of him being the sportzstar and not you? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would the Foo Fighters have a chance at playing Croke Park

They were pretty popular at Slane in 2015

They kick off there Euro tour in Iceland on the 16th June and next is Finland on the 19th June

Rumours suggest They will be in the UK for Glastonbury the end of June so the GAA might move the Dublin football Leinster semi final to another weekend to accommodate the Foo Fighters ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I hear the 3rd event will be McGregor taking on John Joe Joyce in a bare knuckle boxing match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Today FM mentioned it'd be the Stones for the 3rd date.
    I thought they weren't great at Slane in '07, but would most likely go along if it was them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would the Stones still be able to sell out Croker?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Would the Stones still be able to sell out Croker?

in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

OK Stones play any other date in June expect the 14/15/16/17 or 18th as I won't be able to make it then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Stones - Any rumours as to dates/ticket prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Stones - Any rumours as to dates/ticket prices?

Tickets will be very expensive ,the Stones don't do cheap seats.
    It will most likely be all seated ,and they will use their dynamic pricing scheme to maximise revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re"It will most likely be all seated".

Are you insane?

Advertisement