Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Third Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://crokepark.ie/match-day/2017-season-fixtures

According to this theres no games played in Croke Park in May, the lower division hurling finals take place on Sat 10th June and then the next game there is not til Sunday 2nd July. More than likely the Dublin footballers will play there Sunday June 26th Leinster Football Semi Final against Offaly/Westmeath in Croke Park unless they decide to stage it somewhere else but Croke Park wont miss out on there darling dublin football match day. The last few years both Leinster Football semi finals used to be played as a double header in Croke Park on the last sunday in June

anyway the rumoured dates are one of the Friday 16th June or Sat 17th June. Im flying over to london on the 15th too see Guns N Roses on the 16th. If the stones croker on the 17th June i could fly back in time but my christ will i be tired and naggy lol. That week alone i have Aerosmith in the 3arena on the 14th June, Guns N Roses in London on the 16th and Waterford are playing in the hurling on the 18th :D:D:D:D:D but a very busy and hectic week

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It will most likely be all seated
    what % of recent rolling stones stadium gigs are fully seated?
    they will use their dynamic pricing scheme to maximise revenue.
    what % of recent rolling stones gigs are selling using a dynamic pricing scheme? I can't even find one example.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

rubadub wrote: »
    what % of recent rolling stones stadium gigs are fully seated?

what % of recent rolling stones gigs are selling using a dynamic pricing scheme? I can't even find one example.

Their last US tour in 2015 was all seated and it employed the dynamic pricing scheme

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6576021/rolling-stones-grateful-dead-bots-scalpers-ticket-sales
    Re"It will most likely be all seated".

Are you insane?

I'm serious .
    They can make more money with all seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Tickets will be very expensive ,the Stones don't do cheap seats.
    It will most likely be all seated ,and they will use their dynamic pricing scheme to maximise revenue.
    Wasn't all seated in the Point /o2 the last time they played there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

finbarrk wrote: »
    Wasn't all seated in the Point /o2 the last time they played there.

Think last time they played here was Slane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Think last time they played here was Slane?

there not here

Hopefully it's officially announced soon and see if I can make it or not

Not looking forward to the ticket price, still struggling with coping with u2s ticket price

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

PTH2009 wrote: »

Not looking forward to the ticket price, still struggling with coping with u2s ticket price

I'd advise caution, every article I read today was quoting The Sun Newspaper and in their article they quoted a "source"

They also predicted Garth Brooks in Croke Park and Cork, Ed Sheeran in Croke Park, Guns n Roses in Croke Park and a source confirmed a second U2 concert would happen. They could of course be right though.

I'd advise caution, every article I read today was quoting The Sun Newspaper and in their article they quoted a "source"

They also predicted Garth Brooks in Croke Park and Cork, Ed Sheeran in Croke Park, Guns n Roses in Croke Park and a source confirmed a second U2 concert would happen. They could of course be right though.

I knw all about 'the sun' and there sources

They had this gem of a story from 2014
    http://thestar.ie/about-us/rolling-stones-roll-in-to-aviva-this-could-be-the-last-time/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

It isn't easy and hope all works out well for you.

• Advertisement

So KOL are playing the 3arena on July 1st

So the third Croke Park must be the Rolling Stones or at a small chance Foo Fighters

Who else is there really ??

The promoters might pick Lady Gaga as she is doing the Superbowl half time show and Aiken are daft enough to say 'if she can do the Superbowl she can do Croke Park eg like Beyonce last year'. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

So KOL are playing the 3arena on July 1st

So the third Croke Park must be the Rolling Stones or at a small chance Foo Fighters

Who else is there really ??

The promoters might pick Lady Gaga as she is doing the Superbowl half time show and Aiken are daft enough to say 'if she can do the Superbowl she can do Croke Park eg like Beyonce last year'. ??

There's no chance it will be Lady Gaga ,as her last couple of tours didn't sell well by all accounts.

She will probably do an arena tour with a few outdoor events .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    There's no chance it will be Lady Gaga ,as her last couple of tours didn't sell well by all accounts.
    Yeah, wiki shows attendance for aviva & croke park.

ACDC in aviva has 50,000, gaga has 37000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviva_Stadium#Concerts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Concerts

they cannot always be compared as 2 could sell out fully in the same place and have different figures, since the stage could be bigger or other factors. Gagas figures were not the worst though.

This was in the Ed Sheeran thread:

http://www.redfm.ie/news/entertainment/ed-sheerans-manager-confirms-more-irish-dates/

Talk of another gig but not in this run. So no more added to the 3arena. I wonder would the third slot be given to Ed Sheeran?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Zardoz wrote: »

She will probably do an arena tour with a few outdoor events .

Only dead cert sellouts go to Croker.

Even Beyonce struggled in the days before the gig. Though it was jammed solid on the day.

Remember the Prince debacle!

Only dead cert sellouts go to Croker.

Even Beyonce struggled in the days before the gig. Though it was jammed solid on the day.

Remember the Prince debacle!

didnt think The Script would sell out Croke Park in 2015 but i was proven wrong.

The 2012 Red Hot Chili Peppers/Noel Gallagher HFB gig was deff a bit of a miscalculation for the promoters and it sold very poorly (didnt it go on sale the morning that the chilis were playing the 3arena in 2011 on the same tour ??) gig was prob the smallest attendence ever at a Croke Park concert ??

Up in the Ed thread, there is a link to a site something like buzz.ie or something saying he's playing croker this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Up in the Ed thread, there is a link to a site something like buzz.ie or something saying he's playing croker this summer.

Buzz.ie are a bunch of ****ing hacks who make Joe.ie and lovin dublin look like Pulitzer prize winners by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

I think as a country it's a shame now that for major gigs using Croke Park they are being strictly kept to 3 per year by the promoters/gaa after the g brooks debacle. This is even after the license application regulations were "improved" with much fanfare! Aiken could have done another sheeran gig in 2015 and Coldplay/u2 could easily have done another night each this Summer. Who knows what other gigs have or will be missed due to this? In an ideal world we would have a venue outside of Dublin City away from any residential areas that would have much more flexibility in putting on large gigs which wouldn't be limited to certain numbers or have to work around when a gaa match is on! Then supply might actually meet demand for a change and solve some of the touting issues. But that's an ideal world :)

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    I think as a country it's a shame now that for major gigs using Croke Park they are being strictly kept to 3 per year by the promoters/gaa after the g brooks debacle. This is even after the license application regulations were "improved" with much fanfare! Aiken could have done another sheeran gig in 2015 and Coldplay/u2 could easily have done another night each this Summer. Who knows what other gigs have or will be missed due to this? In an ideal world we would have a venue outside of Dublin City away from any residential areas that would have much more flexibility in putting on large gigs which wouldn't be limited to certain numbers or have to work around when a gaa match is on! Then supply might actually meet demand for a change and solve some of the touting issues. But that's an ideal world :)

Such a venue was offered to the gaa and they turned it down. Also we only have bitter Peter Aiken claiming more gigs were possible. As far as missed out gigs, name one stadium level band who skipped Ireland on a stadium tour???

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Such a venue was offered to the gaa and they turned it down. Also we only have bitter Peter Aiken claiming more gigs were possible. As far as missed out gigs, name one stadium level band who skipped Ireland on a stadium tour???

Sure maybe we should let the GAA stick to looking after sport. U2 and Coldplay have missed extra gigs, 5 Garth Brooks gigs lost and possible 3rd sheeran, Springsteen gigs missed. As for who may have skipped Ireland, that's one for the Promoters to answer - it's a fact those extra dates this year have been lost because of the 3 croke park limit and no suitable alternative venue of a similar scale.

Sure maybe we should let the GAA stick to looking after sport. U2 and Coldplay have missed extra gigs, 5 Garth Brooks gigs lost and possible 3rd sheeran, Springsteen gigs missed. As for who may have skipped Ireland, that's one for the Promoters to answer - it's a fact those extra dates this year have been lost because of the 3 croke park limit and no suitable alternative venue of a similar scale.

Again, outside of Peter Aiken saying "we could have had more gigs if it wasn't for those meddling residents" give me one solid example of a band who skipped Ireland on a European stadium tour, or a band who tried to get more gigs and were denied???

Again, outside of Peter Aiken saying "we could have had more gigs if it wasn't for those meddling residents" give me one solid example of a band who skipped Ireland on a European stadium tour, or a band who tried to get more gigs and were denied???

Don't recollect Aiken using those exact words. I didn't claim to know such an example in my original post - I am putting the possibility out there. Garth Brooks was denied extra gigs and are you honestly suggesting that U2 would not have wanted to put on a second gig if they could. They could have sold out a second gig no problem and any band not taking up that opportunity from a financial perspective makes no sense either esp as they had room on their schedule!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Why don't more bands play aviva. Surely u2 could put on 4 or 5 nights there with no hassle and wouldn't have this 3 night residential limit bs

Don't recollect Aiken using those exact words. I didn't claim to know such an example in my original post - I am putting the possibility out there. Garth Brooks was denied extra gigs and are you honestly suggesting that U2 would not have wanted to put on a second gig if they could. They could have sold out a second gig no problem and any band not taking up that opportunity from a financial perspective makes no sense either esp as they had room on their schedule!

Yes, u2 could have put on a second and 3rd gig, Springsteen could have had a third, so could Ed Sheeran, but there's no evidence any gigs were planned. Outside of the Garth situation, which has gone around in a million circles here, the only mention of extra gigs were Aiken coming out after Sheeran and Bruce and going "but we coulda" when he never even tried.

Why don't more bands play aviva. Surely u2 could put on 4 or 5 nights there with no hassle and wouldn't have this 3 night residential limit bs

After the Garth situation, it came out that the Aviva has a similar agreement, and the promoters are smart enough not to **** with a bunch of d4 solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

After the Garth situation, it came out that the Aviva has a similar agreement, and the promoters are smart enough not to **** with a bunch of d4 solicitors.

:D:D

Read a bit online about Michael Buble and his family. His son responded well to treatment and is recovering. The wife has gone back down south to finish filming a movie. I wonder if there are any plans taking shape in the background to get back touring? I suppose no one knows really. An idea entered into my head that maybe the third slot might go to him. It's doubtful though. I think it would be far too soon after what is such a stressful time.

We're into the second week of February now and surely some sort of progress should be happening at announcing the third gig. If it's Buble, it would explain the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Read a bit online about Michael Buble and his family. His son responded well to treatment and is recovering. The wife has gone back down south to finish filming a movie. I wonder if there are any plans taking shape in the background to get back touring? I suppose no one knows really. An idea entered into my head that maybe the third slot might go to him. It's doubtful though. I think it would be far too soon after what is such a stressful time.

We're into the second week of February now and surely some sort of progress should be happening at announcing the third gig. If it's Buble, it would explain the delay.

He was announced for the Aviva before the news about his son came out. Don't even think it got to tickets going on sale it was that sudden!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mushy wrote: »
    He was announced for the Aviva before the news about his son came out. Don't even think it got to tickets going on sale it was that sudden!

I don't think the Aviva was confirmed .

It was going to be an indoor tour of the US and Europe and they pulled it only a few days before all the dates were due to go onsale.

Advertisement