Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Third Date

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is there any evidence that the Rolling Stones were going to tour stadiums this summer in the first place?

Not really some guy (who has very good sources) started a thread about it late last year and it all took off from there

Pauric Duffy must of been led to believe they were playing Croke Park when he made the statement about the third act to play CP being almost signed

Unless something is announced in the next few weeks than there will be no third Croke Park gig

Huge opportunity missed for an additional u2 or Coldplay show dis summer

id say there are some angry promoters around with no third act being announced and the possibilite of a 2nd Coldplay or U2 show out the window now

3rd act prob pulled out late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

PTH2009 wrote: »
    id say there are some angry promoters around with no third act being announced and the possibilite of a 2nd Coldplay or U2 show out the window now

Looking back at most of this thread it looks like you're the only one getting really annoyed about no third date.

I think it's time to close this thread. There's not going to be a third date so it's a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's a complete shambles especially considering the busker who is rumoured to be getting the 3 slots next year .

I still think U2 could play there on the Friday night ,even if they had to fly in parts of the stage from Barcelona but I guess they cant be arsed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Looking back at most of this thread it looks like you're the only one getting really annoyed about no third date.

I think it's time to close this thread. There's not going to be a third date so it's a waste of time.

I've heard whisperings over the past few days about a possible third Croke Park gig.. I wouldn't be closing this thread just yet! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

How long before the Led Zeppelin rumours start?

I've heard whisperings over the past few days about a possible third Croke Park gig.. I wouldn't be closing this thread just yet! ;)

yeah i heard its a reformed Pink Floyd supported by YES playing Croke Park in June. A reason why its being announced so late is too really surprise people

If it is a certain country star from the USA it would be make sense to announce it late with what happend a few years ago. Get all license and stuff cleared before we announce it and put the tickets on sale. Cant see it happening myself but u never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

The Sun Newspaper are reporting today that Rolling Stones were to be the 3rd gig in Croke Park this year but the deal broke down over money apparently! That doesn't sound right to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

The Sun Newspaper are reporting today that Rolling Stones were to be the 3rd gig in Croke Park this year but the deal broke down over money apparently! That doesn't sound right to me!

Would you really believe anything from that tripe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Thejanuaryman

Guys,

Below is the story from the Sun concerning the Stones pulling out of the Croke Park gig. Of course, the question is how reliable is the story!

NO SATISFACTION Rolling Stones back out of possible mega gig in Croke Park following cash row

The rock legends were expected to perform a monster concert in Ireland this summer, with Croke Park being lined up as a possible venue. THE Rolling Stones backed out of a huge Dublin gig in a row over cash, the Irish Sun can reveal.

The rock legends were expected to perform a monster concert in Ireland this summer, with Croke Park being lined up as a possible venue. But it is understood they wanted too much of the gate money and talks broke down.

The ageing icons yesterday announced a European tour for September and October but Dublin won’t be one of the cities they’re visiting.

The trip includes dates in Zurich, Arnhem, Hamburg, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, Lucca, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and two dates in Paris. The Rolling Stones will be rocking many cities in Europe, but Dublin isn’t on their list.

The announcement will come as a big disappointment to Rolling Stones fans in Ireland who haven’t seen Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie perform here since Slane back in 2007.

A source said: “The deal was very close to being signed. But they wanted too much of the gate money and won’t be playing Ireland now.

“Any Irish Stones fans who want to see them will have to look at travelling to one of their European dates now.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Seems a bit odd but could be true as the Stones are a very greedy bunch .
    Their ticket prices for the European tour are very very expensive .
    Its a bloody shame anyway ,we could have had a second U2 gig .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's complete nonsense as the act has a fee. the stadium has a rental cost. the amount of "gate money" depends on that fee, rental cost, staging/promoters costs etc.
    the venue doesn't say "OK you can play here and we'll give you X amount per ticket" :pac:

they're not playing any UK gigs either.
    it looks like a simple case of them doing a european tour and not bothering with UK/Ireland (and many other places in Europe too)...

**** em it's not like they need the money

U2 or Coldplay could of done a 2nd night

Advertisement