Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Harbourman 2017

Options
  • 27-01-2017 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Entries are open now on TI. Standard Distance only this year. This was very well organised last year with a rolling swim start that worked to everyones benefit. The bike route can be windy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Did the Sprint last year and loved it, wish there was a Sprint again this year as it would be a 100% go to race for me.

Ah wells, guess I just have to learn how to increase the distance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hunter9

Did the sprint aswell. A great event and a bloody tough one. Who has the bottle to power down those hills on the bike??

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Anyone signed up for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Re-open until this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

Morf3h wrote: »
    Anyone signed up for this year?

i've signed up - did the sprint last year and really enjoyed it. looking forward to it, hoping it will be less windy than last year though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Kellic

Appreciate entries are now closed but just wondering if there might be an Olympic Entry available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

A Bathing Restriction Notice is currently in place around the Wicklow Harbour area due to the presence of an oily residue in the water.

Hopefully lifted by Sunday! Plenty of alternatives outside the harbour walls but I don't know if there are slipways for access?

Edit- tonights Leinster OW race is starting instead up at the Murrough beach which I guess Harbourman could do if needed (a longer run to trans though)

Wicklow Tri are aware of a potential water quality issue within Wicklow Harbour as a result of a small fuel spill. It is hoped that this issue will be resolved by tidal movements over the next 36 hours but if this is not the case, then an alternative swim course outside the harbour will be used for The Harbourman on Sunday

Probably the best marshalled/supported Tri around, there was a smiling Wicklow Tri member at every junction. Great weather for it (hot hot hot on the run though), and the sea temperature was perfect. Well done Wicklow Tri!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Probably the best marshalled/supported Tri around, there was a smiling Wicklow Tri member at every junction. Great weather for it (hot hot hot on the run though), and the sea temperature was perfect. Well done Wicklow Tri!

Couldn't agree more. Brilliant afternoon, thoroughly enjoyed it and now have my first Olympic Distance under my belt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

Couldn't agree more. Brilliant afternoon, thoroughly enjoyed it and now have my first Olympic Distance under my belt!

also in agreement, it's a great race - really well marshalled. it was also my first olympic distance race, despite the heat on the run I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Kurt.Godel wrote: »

havent been there but can only agree they always have the best marsehlling possible at their races

Advertisement