Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 TAC A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

If I could afford to px my old Krico - THIS would be the rifle for me.

tac, poor person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

I'm a Tikka fan as well. It'll probably take a while before it reaches Irish shores though.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

Just put a deposit down on one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Buckmark1 wrote: »
    Just put a deposit down on one of these

Are you in Ireland? If so, what RFD are you using? And what's the lead time on getting it in?

I've a deposit on a RPR since before Christmas but it hasn't come in yet. If I could get one of these A1s, I might rethink.

alanmc wrote: »
    Are you in Ireland? If so, what RFD are you using? And what's the lead time on getting it in?

I've a deposit on a RPR since before Christmas but it hasn't come in yet. If I could get one of these A1s, I might rethink.
    I am based in Ireland. I got it through hilltop in Wicklow.
    I know hilltop had RPRs in stock last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I emailed Gmk who are the tikka importers for the UK and Ireland a few days ago.
    They said the t3x tac a1 was available to order and delivery would take 6 months.
    They couldn't give me a retail price at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

You won't have much change left for €2500 for this.
    I've ordered one, so hopefully it won't take a lifetime

I've suddenly lost interest.......most of my guns together didn't cost that much...

tac

They are coming in at $1800 in the US generally Tikka is cheaper in

That's tough if you don't happen to live in the US of A.

The Ruger Precision Rifle - new model - sells for just over a thousand dollars in my local gunstore in Eugene, but then, it's made in the USA.

I'm totally blown away to think that a firearm made in one of THE most expensive places to live on this side of the ocean can travel all the way to the USA and STILL cost around half of the cost here.

I guess that we are all so used to getting ripped off over here that we are just grateful that we can have the thing at all.

tac

• Advertisement

What calibre did you go for ?

I bought a tikka t3x ctr in 308 recently. I was told when ordering it that it would take 6 months but it arrived in 3.
    Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Never shot a Ruger but thought they are not as well put together as the T3XCTR. I am on my second T3X CTR 308 Stainless, both shot the same factory ammo under 1/4" out of an aftermarket stock. Recon the new T3 CTR Tac will shoot very well too. Weight might be a bit high for an all-round rifle.

edi

I see a couple of UK dealers are taking orders for this rifle. Their price is £1595 which would be around €1900.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Should outshoot the ruger all day...

can... of ... worms...

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

It'll be nice to see it.
    I dropped a tikka tac into an xlr stock, so I'm more interested to see how it'll perform against the factory version from Tikka.

Either way I'll still love my rpr more than my kids 😀

Advertisement