Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues setting up new account

Options
  • 27-01-2017 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I moved into an apartment in October and received a letter to set up an account. Rang up the Customer Care Centre to do so and went through the process of giving the number on the meter, apartment details, etc. However, the person who was helping me couldn't finish setting up the account as there was a flag on the account - something to do with an attempt being made to change provider.

Checked with the housemate and this wasn't the case. Have tried ringing multiple times since then only to be told that the account can't be set up as there's a flag on it. I believe there was supposed to be a technical team sent out, but as I say, this process started in October and there's been no movement since and no letter in the door saying my account has been set up. 

Believe it or not, I would like to part with money for the provision of electricity  :D  This situation is (incredibly) inconvenient because not only am I dreading a massive bill coming in the door, but I am also trying to change my internet plan - I currently don't have proof of address as I'm waiting on an Electric Ireland letter in my name.

Don't have an account number, but can send my address via PM. Was also given some sort of number (not an account number, but some reference), which I can send on. 

🤪

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Sabre0001,

Thanks for your message.

In order for us to look into this matter for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • The MPRN (meter point reference number) of the premises
    • Your address
    • Your contact number
    We can then look into this matter for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

PM sent (to yourself), thanks.

🤪

Advertisement