Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft

• 27-01-2017 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭

I need to transfer money to our solicitor to complete a house sale. If I want to get a bank draft do I have to request it in advance? Can I go to any branch or only the branch where our account is? It is a joint account so are there any restrictions on one person getting the draft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon How Strange, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

You can collect a bank draft drawn from your account at any branch and there is no need to pre order this. Drafts can only be issued for amount of E500 and above and we would always advise to bring photo ID with you on the day. 

There are no restrictions on this service on Joint Accounts provided that account is not repayable to either however, we would advise you to check out service times of your branch here to ensure that cashiers are available to help with this request. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement