Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart from Leixlip Louisa Bridge to IFSC Dublin?

Options
  • 27-01-2017 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm considering a new job in the IFSC and am wondering how is the commute via rail from Leixlip during the week? Are the trains usually busy/on time/packed? I would have to be in some mornings at 7 or 8am.

What would be the cost of a 5 day weekly commute using a leap card to the IFSC?

Another question, is free WIFI available on the train and is it any use?

I'm also curious to find out how people find the commute into the city on a daily basis as I have never had to do it before now, I'm usually able to drive to work outside the city but it seems that more and more jobs are becoming available in the city.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,884 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are usually seats at Louisa. Louisa to Connolly is 2.93 each way; no weekly options make sense. Monthly/annual on taxsaver do.

Wifi is there but not very good. You are unlikely to have a table for a laptop anyway, but a tiny tray if that was what you wanted to use

They're also diesel trains not DARTs so are rather noisier.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

L1011 wrote: »
    There are usually seats at Louisa. Louisa to Connolly is 2.93 each way; no weekly options make sense. Monthly/annual on taxsaver do.

Wifi is there but not very good. You are unlikely to have a table for a laptop anyway, but a tiny tray if that was what you wanted to use

They're also diesel trains not DARTs so are rather noisier.

Thanks for the info L1011!

I'd just be reading the news on my phone on the train so once the wifi could cope with that I'd be fine :)

Thanks for the tip about the noise!

I would also have to pay for parking in the car park across the road from the station, any idea how much that is per week?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

any idea how much that is per week?
    €8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The only real black spot for Wi-Fi is between Confey and Clonsilla where the 3 coverage is poor.

Also if you need to be at your desk by 7am on the button the train doesn't arrive into Connolly till 7.02 earliest.

Cheers :)

• Advertisement

n97 mini wrote: »
    The only real black spot for Wi-Fi is between Confey and Clonsilla where the 3 coverage is poor.

Also if you need to be at your desk by 7am on the button the train doesn't arrive into Connolly till 7.02 earliest.

Thanks for the info about the 7am arrival n97 mini, what time does the train leave Louisa bridge to get in for 7.02am?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,884 ✭✭✭✭L1011

06:27. That would be the normal run-time in. All timetable (and indeed fare) questions can be sorted on irishrail.ie a bit quicker than waiting for someone to come back here though.

Thanks again L1011 :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

taxsaver.ie might benefit you or monthly tickets.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    taxsaver.ie might benefit you or monthly tickets.

Good tip thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

The weekly parking rate went up to €9 recently. Speaking as someone who usually gets the first train from Maynooth, the commute is absolutely fine. Be warned that the train that leaves maynooth at 6.58 is very busy (or at least it was the last time I got it). The other trains that would get you in for 8 would be grand for space though.

Cheers Rathkenny :)

Advertisement