Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working from home & VOIP

• 27-01-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hello, wasn't sure were to post so mods please feel free to move my post.

I just wanted to get some advice on the following situation: I have recently been offered a job as a consultant to work from home, there is no huge setup costs or expenses, I simply need a decent laptop/PC and the facility to make 50 to 80 phonecalls a day, dialling into EMEA, UK, Germany , France etc..... the problem is I need to keep costs down and was advised by the employer to get a VOIP system in, thing is ..... there seems to so many providers I am unsure who is the best and how the setup actually works.

Does anyone have a similar setup, can you tell how best work this situation, what is costs and how choose the best VOIP package, I would need a good quality line with a voicemail facility also.

I currently have Sky BB, thinking of moving to IMAGINE LTE, which is now available in my area (im in the midlands, Laois to be exact)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well at 50 to 80 calls a day it sounds like a cold calling sales gig to me but excluding that I'd go with Skype Europe/Worldwide calls unlimited with or without mobiles depending on need. Cost you between 11 to 22 EUR a month depending on exact package and you can add on a phone number for people to dial you back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Nody wrote: »
    Well at 50 to 80 calls a day it sounds like a cold calling sales gig to me but excluding that I'd go with Skype Europe/Worldwide calls unlimited with or without mobiles depending on need. Cost you between 11 to 22 EUR a month depending on exact package and you can add on a phone number for people to dial you back on.

thanks Nody, have you used this type of Skype system yourself, have you any idea what the quality of the call/line is like ? is there any dropped calls, will Skype provide me with local number or can I choose a number , if I wanted to use a London number say 0044207 xxxxxxxx would that be possible ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

thanks Nody, have you used this type of Skype system yourself, have you any idea what the quality of the call/line is like ? is there any dropped calls, will Skype provide me with local number or can I choose a number , if I wanted to use a London number say 0044207 xxxxxxxx would that be possible ?
    Skype is perfectly fine from all my uses of it inc. calling all over Europe and the like with very good connection into normal telephone lines all over the place so that should not be an issue. Can't comment on what numbers they offer as I never got that part activated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭slystallone

How did you get on in the end? Did you get it sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Thread is from 2017 and OP was last active in 2020....

• Advertisement
Advertisement