Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Jamiroquai song and album "Automaton"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sorry, but I find that truly awful. Just noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

NIMAN wrote: »
    Sorry, but I find that truly awful. Just noise.

This is better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I like it for that weirdness aphex/light clark and popness sound. Video is meh though

Edit: I like it, but yeah, more I listen, the more I hear DP. It's good though, I can see it becoming a bit if a 'this weeks hit'. Has all the noises in the right places. Also, naff Blondie rapping much? Lol.

Note. I know Blondie rap was a game changer before someone points it out.

Listened to it again there, just to see if it was a grower.

And no, its still cack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Second track is up, more the recognised Jamiroquai sound this time:

• Advertisement

Thats better.......not a patch on their old stuff though.

Listened to the 1st one again....Jez, its gets worse over time. Tuneless.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Second track is up, more the recognised Jamiroquai sound this time:

I assume that's Cloud 9 (vid isn't working)? The Fred Falke and Purple Disco Machine Remixes are worth checking out btw. Falke up to his usual Gallic chicanery and delivers in spades as you'd expect, taking the original and adding to it. The PDM Remix is very much a stripped back yet toughened up extended mix that's more of a Dub tbh, but it still works - has a very Full Intention-vibe to it.

Haven't bought the album but I pretty much have everything else he's done so probably will. Just too busy to even listen to anything properly right now.

Advertisement