Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspension set up

• 27-01-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can get my suspension set up properly please? I'm currently based in Derry so somewhere not too far would be ideal but if that's not possible (or you know of somewhere really good) I may be willing to make a longer trek.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

What sort of bike is it, you may be able to do it yourself with a couple of simple tools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I'm on a Triumph Street Triple R (2010)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

McCallens

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Whats wrong with the suspension? And why do you need it setup, in otherwords looking online you will get a very good guide to setting it up without giving McCallens alot of money. So unless you are doing trackdays or there is a problem then like you would get it pretty good yourself with the adjustments under the seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the suspension? And why do you need it setup, in otherwords looking online you will get a very good guide to setting it up without giving McCallens alot of money. So unless you are doing trackdays or there is a problem then like you would get it pretty good yourself with the adjustments under the seat.

I bought the bike second hand and haven't done anything to the suspension in the last year and a half of riding it. I have however had a number of people tell me to get the suspension set up for my weight.
    I'm no racer but if there's some fairly straight forward set up that can be done to maximise the performance of my bike then why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

It was suggested to me by both NDM and DLM to do a full suspension setup on the R1 and the S1000rr to suit my weight and how I ride.

The difference on the R1 after Steve in NDM did the suspension setup was unreal.Like a totally different bike to ride.:)

The S1000rr will be getting "tweaked" by Gary in Mototuning very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It was suggested to me by both NDM and DLM to do a full suspension setup on the R1 and the S1000rr to suit my weight and how I ride.

The difference on the R1 after Steve in NDM did the suspension setup was unreal.Like a totally different bike to ride.:)

The S1000rr will be getting "tweaked" by Gary in Mototuning very soon.

Yeah coz its not like its in their interests at all to tell you this, for the vast majority of people normal suspension setup is fine. You just like tweaking bikes to bits mate even if it doesnt need it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Yeah coz its not like its in their interests at all to tell you this, for the vast majority of people normal suspension setup is fine. You just like tweaking bikes to bits mate even if it doesnt need it ;)

Steve did it for free for my while the bike was in being dynoed and having a rear brake banjo bolt brake light mod fitted..
    Hes that sort of a gent.:)

Like a different bike when riding back home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Standard set up on most bikes is bog basic and easily improved, the difference is very noticible, simple things like upping preload can help braking stability and feel.

Even something as soft and squidgy as a gs 5 can be turned into a decent handler for a few cents.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

McCallens would be the best bet imo, have em change the fork oil while they're at it

• Advertisement
Advertisement