Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange call out regarding pre pay meter

Options
  • 27-01-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Had 2 lads out at my door saying that my meter could be on the wrong rate after I topped up my electricity with a longer digit code than normal? Could this be true, I have noticed a big increase in the speed my credit has been wasting?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you confirm if they were calling from a particular company/organisation? The Electric Ireland (Republic Of Ireland) unit rate has not changed since June, and the standing charge and government PSO levy have not changed since last year either. Are you in Northern Ireland?

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you confirm if they were calling from a particular company/organisation? The Electric Ireland (Republic Of Ireland) unit rate has not changed since June, and the standing charge and government PSO levy have not changed since last year either. Are you in Northern Ireland?

Thanks,
    Una

No I am in Dublin. I recall a few weeks back that I had to put in a longer pre pay code than the usual 20 digit code for a top up. Does that not usually indicate that there has been an increase in charges? Thanks for your swift reply

Edit the longer code was a 40 digit number and was on the 26th of September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again,

Thank you for confirming, we are happy to help.

That top-up referred to the government PSO levy which changed for all electricity providers from 1st of October - going from €5.01 per month to €5.90 per month.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Best regards
    Una

Hi again,

Thank you for confirming, we are happy to help.

That top-up referred to the government PSO levy which changed for all electricity providers from 1st of October - going from €5.01 per month to €5.90 per month.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Best regards
    Una

Any reason why these 2 were out asking could they look at the meter? They had no I.D visible either. They also said something like I would get 50 euro free electricity credit if I was on the wrong rate?

I didnt let them look at the meter because it sounded weird. These 2 lads were Asian, maybe Pakistani not that it makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

If you send us a private message with the approximate area, date, and time these men called to the property we can look into confirming if they were representatives of Electric Ireland. Agents working on behalf of Electric Ireland have ID available for customer inspection.

We can advise that Electric Ireland is not offering a set amount should the tariff be appearing incorrectly on a PAYG meter. Instead, this would be looked into on a case-by-case basis.

We can also advise that credit is available for Electric Ireland Pay As You Go (PAYG) customers who upgrade a standard PAYG meter to a Smarter PAYG meter. More details on this can be found online here.

Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement