Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre rollout in ballygarvan, cork

Options
  • 27-01-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,  there are two cabinets in the area, one has been fibre enabled since August 2016 but unfortunately the cabinet that I'm connected to has not - have you any indication when it will be enabled . Eir website had it as Q1 2016 previously however after Q1 passed, it was modified to "within one year" - still the same as of today.

Cabinet is BLV1_001 

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

hello , anyone from eir care to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

sylvanb wrote: »
    hello , anyone from eir care to answer.

That's What I'm hoping for... I was assured that I would have super duper broadband by 2011.

I'm still waiting.

Whatever the predicated date is. ... Add the age of your first born, and multiple by Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,  there are two cabinets in the area, one has been fibre enabled since August 2016 but unfortunately the cabinet that I'm connected to has not - have you any indication when it will be enabled . Eir website had it as Q1 2016 previously however after Q1 passed, it was modified to "within one year" - still the same as of today.

Cabinet is BLV1_001 

Thanks
    Hi  sylvanb,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have checked this and the forecasted date is still at 6-12 months I'm afraid. Apologies I could not offer you better news.

-Pamela 

Cabinet is BLV1_001 

Thanks
    Hi  sylvanb,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have checked this and the forecasted date is still at 6-12 months I'm afraid. Apologies I could not offer you better news.

-Pamela 
    Pamela

Thanks for the reply, is 12 months the max time I will be waiting or could that slip even more.?

As a matter of interest, can you shed any light on why one cabinet which has very few houses nearby has been fibre enabled but the cabinet in a housing estate has not been enabled? Does not make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Cabinet is BLV1_001 

Thanks
    Hi  sylvanb,

-Pamela 
    Pamela

Thanks for the reply, is 12 months the max time I will be waiting or could that slip even more.?

As a matter of interest, can you shed any light on why one cabinet which has very few houses nearby has been fibre enabled but the cabinet in a housing estate has not been enabled? Does not make sense.
    This date is estimated so it can change sylvanb
    I would not have access to this information & would be unable to advise on the specific reason I'm afraid.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pete4pool

Hi Sylvanb / Pa990,

Ballygarvan resident myself, I went about trying to get a more realistic answer recently. I contacted Fine Gael Senator Tim Lombard to assist me. After about 3 months chasing eir via DCCAE (Department of communication) via Tim Lombard, I was told that 

[font=Calibri, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]The Department have received a response from open eir (wholesale commercial operator), regarding the queries raised about cab BLV1_001 planned for Ballygarvan.  Open eir estimate that the cab installation will be completed by end of this year. They have stated that the reason for the delay was securing a private way leave to erect the cab.[/font]

How it was a fancier way of telling me 6 months, but at least there was a bit of effort into it. :-) 
    But I believe this when I see it. So I am getting ready for the next battle with them at the end of the year. I think that unless pressure is put on they are not going to be in a hurry to get it connected. So it might be worth group people together to but the pressure on. 

Any thoughts?
    Pete

Seeing is believing in this case.   The rural/exchange timeline on http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/ has Ballygarvan done for 1st half 2018. Hopefully the information above is more accurate.

As for a group,  presume that the various local businesses should be lobbying as performance recently has been brutal. 

Might be useful to send the local TDs/ Senator/ Councillours an e-mail , keeps the pressure on.

Advertisement