Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger M77, need mounting advice

Options
  • 27-01-2017 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I'm mounting a x50 scope on my M77 .308, Im currently looking into buying the mounts.
    The Ruger website and tutorial tells you to get a size 5 for the front and 6 for the back, yet some forums completely disagree with Ruger.
    Does anyone have a M77 that can clear this up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

I'm mounting a x50 scope on my M77 .308, Im currently looking into buying the mounts.
    The Ruger website and tutorial tells you to get a size 5 for the front and 6 for the back, yet some forums completely disagree with Ruger.
    Does anyone have a M77 that can clear this up?

Hi, I had one and had the same issue trying to find 30 mm rings for a 50mm scope. I ended up buying a 5B30HM for the back and 6B30HM for the front. That's what's written on the packages. The receiver is stepped I think so one is lower than the other. They worked fine for me with my scope. I'm not sure if medium would fit.

I kept the mounts because I plan on getting a Ruger again. They are really great guns.
    Best of luck with it.
    I hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Ghost. wrote:
    I kept the mounts because I plan on getting a Ruger again. They are really great guns. Best of luck with it. I hope that helps.

Thanks man, need me some 1 inch, expensive enough at about 100 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/leupold-steel-ringmount-30mm-or-1-inch-for-ruger-no1-77-22-or-ruger-m77-scope-rings/

Try here, I've done business with them, they'll talk to you over the phone and have a lot of stock that's not on the web site......

....shouldn't really be helping you as I suspect you got to the Ruger M77 all weather .308 before me....:(

.....best of luck with it, happy and safe hunting...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

It is possible to get an adapter to use Weaver mounts,imho, a good mounting system, Alan Rhone in the U.K. Probably do them.

Sika98k wrote:
    It is possible to get an adapter to use Weaver mounts,imho, a good mounting system, Alan Rhone in the U.K. Probably do them.

That would raise the scope even higher and they are awful looking

• Advertisement

Try here, I've done business with them, they'll talk to you over the phone and have a lot of stock that's not on the web site......

Quite expensive at £70, I've seen them here for €68

Advertisement