Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone bought from cables.ie?

Options
  • 27-01-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Has anyone here bought stuff from http://www.cables.ie?

Are they trustworthy?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

They are owned by these guys.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Dtek-Connect-Limited-575090

This is what I use for cables, bricks & mortar shop on the Kylemore Road.

http://www.cablemonkey.ie

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

I ended up having to do a full charge back after buying some cables, they processed the entire order immediately but never dispatched, no answer to calls or emails etc. So had to go bank route.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

RiseToMe wrote: »
    I ended up having to do a full charge back after buying some cables, they processed the entire order immediately but never dispatched, no answer to calls or emails etc. So had to go bank route.

Thanks for the info. I will not use cablies.ie then. Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JRH

just to add my experience of cables.ie ...
    I wanted to do a TV install this weekend for the old man , i dont get a lot of time to do these things so i ordered a few hdmi bits on the 12th online from cables.ie thinking .... if i order from an Irish site it should arrive in a coupleof days or def by the weekend .
    So , i got no order status change by thursday and i googled cables.ie and found this thread ... also on the DTEK facebook page there is a guy complaining he didnt get his order in time also .
    I emailed them anyway and got a reply the next day (friday ) saying your order will be sent today . So i will have it 8 days after ordering ...and too late for my planed instal work .
    actually the email said something like ' the irish market is small ,it dosent make sence to stock all the items '

DTEK has a few associated websites , cables.ie , ledbulbs.ie , eiretronic.com , rechargable.ie
    I see one of the directors has an IT business so perhaps thats pretty much all thats to it .... lots of websites .... but is there any stock ? i doubt it

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

JRH wrote: »
    just to add my experience of cables.ie ...
    I wanted to do a TV install this weekend for the old man , i dont get a lot of time to do these things so i ordered a few hdmi bits on the 12th online from cables.ie thinking .... if i order from an Irish site it should arrive in a coupleof days or def by the weekend .
    So , i got no order status change by thursday and i googled cables.ie and found this thread ... also on the DTEK facebook page there is a guy complaining he didnt get his order in time also .
    I emailed them anyway and got a reply the next day (friday ) saying your order will be sent today . So i will have it 8 days after ordering ...and too late for my planed instal work .
    actually the email said something like ' the irish market is small ,it dosent make sence to stock all the items '

DTEK has a few associated websites , cables.ie , ledbulbs.ie , eiretronic.com , rechargable.ie
    I see one of the directors has an IT business so perhaps thats pretty much all thats to it .... lots of websites .... but is there any stock ? i doubt it

<snip>

Thank you JRH for the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Recently dealt with Cables.ie very happy with the service and product. Could not fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I suggest
    http://www.freetv.ie/cables/

Very happy with services for various devices and cables.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement