Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my licence today but no ICE bracelet

Options
  • 27-01-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Got my licence today but without the ICE bracelet I ordered and paid for. Anyone else? I hate to hassle CI but.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

531 wrote: »
    Got my licence today but without the ICE bracelet I ordered and paid for. Anyone else? I hate to hassle CI but.....

They have posted online that you will get it soon, a delay with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Been absolute torture trying to upgrade and renew my license plus club membership last few days. I had no option to renew Club Membership as my Lesiure license was valid till March 29th.

Long story short I was the one who pointed out the gltich to them and as I have paid my A4 fee of €90 I cannot pay club fees via CI so have to use the old fashioned way.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭531

Still no ICE bracelet!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Rokta

531 wrote: »
    Still no ICE bracelet!

Same here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

ICE Braclet gets sent to the club secretary for some reason and not direct to you.

If anybody can tell me where the piece of card with your details goes or how it attaches to the bracelet I would love to know!! I am probably missing the obvious but can't figure it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

Wobs wrote: »
    ICE Braclet gets sent to the club secretary for some reason and not direct to you.

If anybody can tell me where the piece of card with your details goes or how it attaches to the bracelet I would love to know!! I am probably missing the obvious but can't figure it out.

it slides in under the Velcro when folded

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Thud wrote: »
    it slides in under the Velcro when folded
    lotionfun.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that randomly popped into my head when i read your post.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

There was an ICE bracelet with the license this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I am told that you're all missing very little.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

nee wrote: »
    There was an ICE bracelet with the license this year?
    It was an option, but you had to pay extra

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Beasty wrote: »
    It was an option, but you had to pay extra

And that would be why I didn't see it!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

nee wrote: »
    And that would be why I didn't see it!
    I'd worked that one out already.....

Wobs wrote: »

I am a Cycling Ireland member but not member of any club....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Paid for but never received one, I was unattached at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

It seemed like the biggest farce and afterthought ever that they were sent out to the secretaries months later for distribution even though they were ordered and paid for by individuals. I haven't distributed half of the ones that were sent to me (in two separate batches). In fact when the first lot arrived I had no idea what they were and why they had been sent - no cover letter, no explanation, and stuffed down in the end of the envelope a short list of names and sizes - and from the few I managed to get out, the sizes were wrong.

An idea badly implemented by a company on the cheap looking for other volunteers to do the donkey work for them - here you go, these people ordered from us, you track them down and distribute/deliver for us.

Anyone in a club that hasn't received you should contact the Club Sec, for those Unattached ... Who knows.

Well, guess what showed up in the mail today... finally got the ICE bracelet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

our club still has a large envelope of these from people who never bothered to collect them. Wear mine all the time, and especially now after seeing a cyclist knocked down who had no ID on him apart from a phone for contact details - phone was smashed so no good to the paramedics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I wouldn't say it's from people who never bothered to collect them, more like didn't know.

Terrible to say but this is normal service from CI

Sounds like someone thought they could save a few quid by sending everything to Club administrators. Unfortunately this sort of thing tends to cheese "customers" off and ends up costing more, either due to the extra effort of sorting it all out or lost business.

Not a very smart way to run a business but alas not altogether surprising with CI

• Advertisement

Just saw this thread and wondered what an ICE Bracelet was :o

Something that never occurred to me to get as a casual cyclist. Sounds like something I should look into getting though as I'd rarely if ever go for a spin with a wallet, I'd just carry a pin locked phone and money in my waterproof pocket.

As I mentioned above I am not a member of a club so I cycle alone. This is a good thing to have, just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cats pyjamas

I use a road id: www.roadid.com

Handy to have just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Borderfox wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's from people who never bothered to collect them, more like didn't know.

Terrible to say but this is normal service from CI

oh they know alright. they've been sent them messages and they promised faithfully to come collect them. ya ya ya, I've heard it all before. club people who don't want to do anything at all but turn up and cycle. a small bit of help to come and get whats yours would go along way to making clubs work better

Advertisement