Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank draft required - 175 euro

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

As a Premier account holder with BOI, can you advise how I solve this problem?

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208%20Ver%205.5%20Aug%2016.pdf/Files/Form%208%20Ver%205.5%20Aug%2016.pdf
    The Statutory Application Fee of €175 in the form of a Banker’s Draft only, made payable to the Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality. Postal Orders, personal or business cheques are not acceptable.
    Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

The minimum amount a bank draft can be issued for by Bank of Ireland is €500.

If you contact the company that you are making payment to they may be able to provide you with their 
    account details and you could arrange to make a SEPA transfer to their account.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%208%20Ver%205.5%20Aug%2016.pdf/Files/Form%208%20Ver%205.5%20Aug%2016.pdf
    The Statutory Application Fee of €175 in the form of a Banker’s Draft only, made payable to the Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality. Postal Orders, personal or business cheques are not acceptable.
    Hi,

If you contact the company that you are making payment to they may be able to provide you with their 

Thanks,
    Tara C
    It is a government agency and their position is:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

I've the same problem. We've been BOI customers for 10+ years with multiple accounts/business relationships. 

Are you saying BOI won't/can't issue a Bankers Draft for €175 even as a courtesy to long-time clients?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi,

Thanks,
    Tara C
    It is a government agency and their position is:
    Hi jesus_thats_gre

We've been in touch with our Branch Network Team and they have advised in your case Management within our Branches can make an exception for you as this is the only method of payment the Dept. of Justice and Equality offer.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further questions please do feel free to come back to us.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

It is absolutely nonsencical in this dsy & age that special permission from the pope is needed to get a basic banking service like a bankdraft in a unit the customer needs. Its a sign of how utterly out of touch and dismissive they are to their customers banking needs.

I had to pay my insurance recently by postal order ffs because of this. Modern banking & understamding your customer my aras.

You are with us every step of the way making banking difficult and our stress fillled working and business lives even harder. Nul points bank of Ireland. Shambolic and utterly out of touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

CHorn wrote: »
    I've the same problem. We've been BOI customers for 10+ years with multiple accounts/business relationships. 

Are you saying BOI won't/can't issue a Bankers Draft for €175 even as a courtesy to long-time clients?
    Hi CHorn

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. 

Sorry the exception for a bank draft under E500 will only be available in the above case mentioned for Dept. of Justice Equality. You could avail of a cheque book on your account or make an electronic payment via our BOI365 or Business Online Banking. 

Thanks for your interest and we'll certainly send on your feedback. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JimPOZ

Good thread. 

I'm in the same position myself needing a Bank Draft from BOI for 175 Euro. 
    Ill print this thread before going into the branch to avoid any misunderstandings. 

Jim 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JimPOZ

Good thread. 

I'm in the same position myself needing a Bank Draft from BOI for 175 Euro for the Department of Justice and Equality

Ill print this thread before going into the branch to avoid any misunderstandings. 

Jim 

Advertisement