Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riverdale [The CW] ***Spoilers***

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Season 2 Premiere is now up on Netflix.

I very much enjoyed the premiere and felt that the show has grown a lot since last season - hopefully it can continue growing and keep realising its own potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And Dark Betty rears her head again.

Another hint that the black hood is who is being theorised. Looking in the mirror with the hood on.

Poor Jughead having Toni there to console him after Betty. Lucky fecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Good Bad Not Evil

After the first episode of season 1, I thought this would be a really fun murder mysterday type show. A little on the dark side of drama's.

It decesnded into wishy-washy juvenile show with awful actors and and terrible story telling. I know it's fantasy, but it's utterly ridiculous at times.

Having said that, I still enjoy it a little. And I want to see how this 'Hood' story develops. :)

The Black Hood is Betty's Dad. I think. Actually Betty's Mam and Dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

**** that lollipop ringtone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I believe The Black Hood exists as Sven.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This week's episode is by far the weakest one of the entire series. It's like it got lost trying to be an homage to Tarantino, while at the same time trying to steal the good parts of Stranger Things/Stephen King tropes. Painful viewing, after a season and a half of decent entertainment.

Think that's more time focused on Josie than we've had all series so far.

Dunno what's weirder, the fact B & V don't try to see why Archie and Jughead are there at that time or the fact that Pop never seems to leave the place.

And they have Tony Todd and the Sugarman in separate episodes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Sabrina spin off series isn't going to be on the CW

Netflix have ordered 20 episodes over two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

This week's episode is by far the weakest one of the entire series. It's like it got lost trying to be an homage to Tarantino, while at the same time trying to steal the good parts of Stranger Things/Stephen King tropes. Painful viewing, after a season and a half of decent entertainment.

Bizarre episode altogether. Tonally out of keeping with the show, sloppy writing (let's just ignore our boyfriends coming into the cafe looking haggard in the middle of the night— surely nothing could be wrong!), weird plot— The whole thing was awful. What was the point?

US TV shows sometimes contain detached, non-serious episodes.

• Advertisement

Best cover of Mad World ever! :eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

'I'm finished with the south side snakes and I've also stopped drinking'

'Dad, we have arranged a party for you at the pub the snakes hangout at'

ahh, what can go wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

'I'm finished with the south side snakes and I've also stopped drinking'

'Dad, we have arranged a party for you at the pub the snakes hangout at'

ahh, what can go wrong....

To be fair, he probably would have got out of that party okay if he hadn't been worried about Jughead's deal with Penny. He has to get back into the life to protect his son, and if he's in, he might as well be all in to cope, you know? Poor kid; he was only trying to help.

(Still a stupid idea, though, admittedly.)

The abrupt switch in ships is going to be annoying when the season comes back, though. I like Archie, but for him to go from "loving" Ronnie to gawping at Betty out his window an hour later was irritating.

Especially considering he left before her... Performance... Which frankly could make anyone look at her in a new light. The girl is stunning. :eek:

I think they got the wrong guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

764dak wrote: »

Yeah, yer man was probably set up by the real Black Hood or something - told he'd be allowed to live only if he followed the Black Hood's exact instructions.

For whatever reason, my gut instinct has been since very early on in the season that the Black Hood is either Hal Cooper or Sheriff Keller, but after last week I'm guessing it's probably not Keller, so Hal Cooper would be my best guess.

Who was the guy Penelope Blossom was eating the face off during the montage at the end? Have we seen him before?

Yeah, yer man was probably set up by the real Black Hood or something - told he'd be allowed to live only if he followed the Black Hood's exact instructions.

For whatever reason, my gut instinct has been since very early on in the season that the Black Hood is either Hal Cooper or Sheriff Keller, but after last week I'm guessing it's probably not Keller, so Hal Cooper would be my best guess.

Who was the guy Penelope Blossom was eating the face off during the montage at the end? Have we seen him before?
    Penelope Blossom made out with Vic.  He works for Fred Andrews and sold the tree to Cheryl earlier in the episode.  This seems to be his first appearance since last season.

I think Tall Boy kills people as The Black Hood.

If that was it, then why add in the narration about thinking it's not over? Hope that wasn't everything. And was a very rushed ending for something I'm sure they put some thought into.

Betty really shouldn't watch Twin Peaks before going to bed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,551 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Kiernan Shipka is heading this up, according to Deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Miranda Otto & Lucy Davis have been cast as Zelda & Hilda.

• Advertisement

Who still watches it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who still watches it?

I've been following it every week with my girlfriend. Really looking forward to the season finale next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah still watch it by the week, Thursdays are great for nonsense tv with this and Designated Survivor. Do think there's one more big twist this season, should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I still watch it too. It’s gone a bit mental but it’s good, switch off the brain, entertainment.

What did ye make of the Season 2 series finale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah still watch it by the week, Thursdays are great for nonsense tv with this and Designated Survivor. Do think there's one more big twist this season, should be fun.

It really is absolute nonsense :):)

• Advertisement

Just had a nice marathon of the last 5 episodes. This show is a hell of a lot of fun. Season 3 should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gina Gershon is to play Jughead’s mom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

really enjoying the shawshank redemption rip off at the minute

"I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was to wonder how the hell Archie ever got the best of him"

What do you think of Gryphons and Gargoyles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I enjoyed the breakfast club- esque throwback episode.
    Not quite sure how I feel about Gryphons and Gargoyles but with Riverdale you need to take the storyline with a wheelbarrow full of salt so I'm happy to see how it plans out.

• Advertisement

Myself and herself found the flashback episode odd. The intro clearly set it in the 90s, but a lot of the music was very 80s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It used to be so bad it was good.

I think this season has just gone ridiculous, all of the storys are ridiculous

Just caught up on the past few episodes. Absolutely loved the '90s flashback to the parents - thought it was really well done and the fact that they got Anthony Michael Hall in to play the principal during a Breakfast Club homage was perfect; shame they couldn't have shoehorned Archie's mom in somehow just to have the nod to Molly Ringwald.

I know the show has always been over the top and fantastically campy, so I've just embraced it and don't expect any semblance of reality anymore - the cast are charming enough and the mystery compelling enough for me not to give a crap about how realistic any of it is.

Do you think he Archie died?

Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart have split up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart have split up

That seems to be very much up in the air at the moment

I haven't watched since the middle of season 2, but heard this was a great sendoff episode for Fred/Luke.
    And it was.
    Didn't bother with any other storylines, that I could tell. Was just all about Fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I haven't watched since the middle of season 2, but heard this was a great sendoff episode for Fred/Luke.
    And it was.
    Didn't bother with any other storylines, that I could tell. Was just all about Fred.

It was a beautiful send off. The pictures used of Fred when he was younger were given by Luke's family which I thought was a lovely touch. Madelaine who plays Cheryl seemed to find it difficult to keep it together. I felt so bad for her. I couldn't control the tears when Archie brought Fred back and there was "Welcome Home Fred" placards.

Marisol Nichols and Skeet Ulrich to exit - Source TV Line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭cena

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Marisol Nichols and Skeet Ulrich to exit - Source TV Line

It won't be the same

I liked season 6.

Advertisement