Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood insurance cover Dublin 3 house buyer

• 27-01-2017 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all
    I am at the point in the buying of a home where loan pack has been issued and contracts ready

the bank are insisting I have flood cover in my home and contents policy. We are buying in Dublin 3 and are in a low risk flood Area

Has anyone lost out on mortgagee because of this? We have tried over 15 brokers and none can get us cover. Has anyone been able to get flood cover in the last year?

Any help or tips would be great
    Anna

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How far are you from the nearest stream/river?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭VW 1

Depending on the location in Dublin 3 of course, but areas within Dublin 3 have had major issues with the tolka overflowing in the past ten years and flooding houses. It happened to the residents on a particular street 2 times in three or four years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi OP

Is it KBC? I had the same issue in december ..couldn't get flood cover anywhere . I live about 150 m from the sea...and the area has never been flooded (surrounding areas have ). Also , floodmaps.ie incorrectly recorded a major flood affecting my property which didn't help as insurance companies check this.

I eventually went back to KBC and told them all of this and said I'd have to change mortgage provider of they were insisting on flood cover. They escalated and about a week later agreed to proceed without flood cover. It so happens that on the same day I actually got a quote so had it anyway . I think is was glennon insurance brokers.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Annahouse3

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi OP

Is it KBC? I had the same issue in december ..couldn't get flood cover anywhere . I live about 150 m from the sea...and the area has never been flooded (surrounding areas have ). Also , floodmaps.ie incorrectly recorded a major flood affecting my property which didn't help as insurance companies check this.

I eventually went back to KBC and told them all of this and said I'd have to change mortgage provider of they were insisting on flood cover. They escalated and about a week later agreed to proceed without flood cover. It so happens that on the same day I actually got a quote so had it anyway . I think is was glennon insurance brokers.

Let me know how you get on.

No its tsb. We will try your tactic. Also thanks for broker will try it out. We are more than 200m from stream and our road has mo flooded. Just seems u fair
    A

Advertisement