Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Eir

Options
  • 27-01-2017 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I have read alot on this forum so just want clarification re the '30 day cancellation'. I am an eir broadband customer  with basic talk package - hardly use my phone, so basically am paying €127 every 2 months for broadband of under 4MB - oh yeah, you charge me €5pm extra to have a speed over 3MB - my last speed test was 3.63MB

I've had enough of this cost, so I am moving to Sky, I can avail of their €39pm for TV customers.

As  a switcher, I am not under contract, I assume it would be seemless but I am reading about some 30 day notice, which apparently COMREG have ruled against. I see on MYEir in FAQs you even say 'in writing'. I've got to say this sound like sharp practice to stop people moving.

I rang Sky on 25th, and they have activated my phone from 25/1 and say my BB will be activated on 8/2. My last Eir Bill was 24/1, I pay by DD.

Can you please advise/confirm that I will not be required to serve 30 day notice, as I am not in a contract, plus can you confirm how you calculate my final bill, I could not find any information online about this. 

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

mimmi07 wrote: »
    Hi, I have read alot on this forum so just want clarification re the '30 day cancellation'. I am an eir broadband customer  with basic talk package - hardly use my phone, so basically am paying €127 every 2 months for broadband of under 4MB - oh yeah, you charge me €5pm extra to have a speed over 3MB - my last speed test was 3.63MB

I've had enough of this cost, so I am moving to Sky, I can avail of their €39pm for TV customers.

As  a switcher, I am not under contract, I assume it would be seemless but I am reading about some 30 day notice, which apparently COMREG have ruled against. I see on MYEir in FAQs you even say 'in writing'. I've got to say this sound like sharp practice to stop people moving.

I rang Sky on 25th, and they have activated my phone from 25/1 and say my BB will be activated on 8/2. My last Eir Bill was 24/1, I pay by DD.

Can you please advise/confirm that I will not be required to serve 30 day notice, as I am not in a contract, plus can you confirm how you calculate my final bill, I could not find any information online about this. 

Many thanks
    Hi  mimmi07,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We would always recommend contacting the cancellations team on 1901 or 1800303600 to discuss the cancellations process & to ensure the cancellation is processed. You will be required to submit this in writing & there is an e-mail option also.

In terms of your final bill, you will be charged up until your cancellation date.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theeliminator

mimmi07 wrote: »

Many thanks
    You are not required to contact eir assuming you are out of contract. Here's a quote from their own website https://www.eir.ie/switching/

"[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Customers who switch service provider without giving eir 30 days' notice of their intention to switch will not be charged a penalty fee."[/font]

In order to make sure where I stood, I contacted comreg about this
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]--==_[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]
    [Finbarr O'Leary Jan 26 2017 10:32:56]
    "Dear (Removed name),

I would like to acknowledge receipt of your email. If you are not on a contract with Eir you are free to port your number over to a new service provider. When you port the number is the date that your last Eir bill should be generated.

Should you have any further queries or require any other assistance you can call our Consumer Line on 01 8049668 or 1890 229668, or email consumerline@comreg.ie.

Yours sincerely,

Barry O Leary
    ComReg Customer Care Agent"[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mimmi07

thanks threeliminator

It all makes sense,it should be easy and simple. My Sky phone line was activated today and I have also activated my broadband - all very seamless.

I'm just curious to see how Eir handle to the 'final billing' process, but so far I am keeping calm and hoping that it continues to be a stress free changeover.

Advertisement