Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering Ombré

Options
  • 27-01-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

I had my ombré re-done a few months ago and I wasn't terribly happy with it (the blonde was more yellow than it had been previously and it looked dingey within a couple of washes, I have to tone it every second wash to stop it looking grubby). I'm just fed up in general with the look now!

I would like to get it covered with something closer to my natural colour and had a consultation in a salon last week but the quote they gave me seemed very steep. Has anyone had their ombré or balayage covered in a salon and if so, how much did it cost you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I had my ombré re-done a few months ago and I wasn't terribly happy with it (the blonde was more yellow than it had been previously and it looked dingey within a couple of washes, I have to tone it every second wash to stop it looking grubby). I'm just fed up in general with the look now!

I would like to get it covered with something closer to my natural colour and had a consultation in a salon last week but the quote they gave me seemed very steep. Has anyone had their ombré or balayage covered in a salon and if so, how much did it cost you?

Depends on your natural colour, chances are a pre pigment will have to be applied before the dye to stop it going green or another unwanted shade. Last time I had a prepig done it was a few years ago with a cut and it was 150ish.
    If you're not willing to pay to cover it would you consider having the ombre refreshed again asking for more ashy brighter tones than what you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Thanks for the reply! I'm a redhead so it's hard for me to get ombré the way I want it. I had a great clean pale blonde during the summer but when I had it cut it had to be re-done and it just wasn't right. My hair was also fried afterwards and I'm just sick of it.

God seems like the quote I got was fair then! I was told €140 which I thought was on the pricey side but I guess that's just what it costs. It's probably worth it to get it fixed properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I paid 165e for something similar with a cut recently too. That just appears to be the price it would seem but am very happy with how my hair looks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I've had just a regular semi put over my ombre and it has been fine! After a few weeks, the blonde starts to comes through a bit again but just looks like natural highlights and is actually really nice. You'd save yourself around €100. In saying that, my roots are a light brown so could be different with red hair but I think the effect would still be the same.

Advertisement