Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Warning

Options
  • 28-01-2017 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Heads up for anyone looking to get Eir phone and broadband.

Ordered phone and broadband at the start of October making it very clear that we only really wanted broadband, but if we had to get a phone line too, so be it. Took them 3 weeks to set up the phone line and while setting it up there engineer said he would be back the next day to install the broadband. 2 weeks later no broadband. I called to checkin when the broadband would be installed to be told I never ordered it, which I clearly did.

Finally got the broadband on November 10th, no bother. It stops working on the 21St, I call to see what happened and they tell me they had a recall on the modem they gave me, and that they would send a new one. A week later I get the modem, nothing changes, still no broadband, call to see what's going wrong and they have no answers, so they send an engineer out. A few weeks of engineers coming out to my home and still nothing.

Finally I tell them I will leave and go to Sky and they get someone out, it's finally fixed, keep in mind that is nearly Christmas.

And through all of that, I was getting texts saying that my account was in high usage, so I'm calling nearly everyday and they tell me that my phone is wracking up huge hour long calls to the UK, we don't even have a handset for the phone so I tell them this and that we can't have made those calls and didn't. There rep tells me to knock on my neighbouring doors in my building and ask who is calling the UK and to call the numbers myself and find out!! WHAT!?!

Turns out they piggybacked out connecting lines onto one of our neighbours and we're getting charged for those calls - at 600euro now!!

So I pay to get a barring order on my phone line to prove it wasn't us, still getting told it was us!

So now I have stand alone broadband, with no phone AT all and we're still getting told were in high usage!!

DO NOT GO TO EIR FOR SERVICE!

They are incompetent and falsely charge people!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Heads up for anyone looking to get Eir phone and broadband.

Ordered phone and broadband at the start of October making it very clear that we only really wanted broadband, but if we had to get a phone line too, so be it. Took them 3 weeks to set up the phone line and while setting it up there engineer said he would be back the next day to install the broadband. 2 weeks later no broadband. I called to checkin when the broadband would be installed to be told I never ordered it, which I clearly did.

Finally got the broadband on November 10th, no bother. It stops working on the 21St, I call to see what happened and they tell me they had a recall on the modem they gave me, and that they would send a new one. A week later I get the modem, nothing changes, still no broadband, call to see what's going wrong and they have no answers, so they send an engineer out. A few weeks of engineers coming out to my home and still nothing.

Finally I tell them I will leave and go to Sky and they get someone out, it's finally fixed, keep in mind that is nearly Christmas.

And through all of that, I was getting texts saying that my account was in high usage, so I'm calling nearly everyday and they tell me that my phone is wracking up huge hour long calls to the UK,  we don't even have a handset for the phone so I tell them this and that we can't have made those calls and didn't. There rep tells me to knock on my neighbouring doors in my building and ask who is calling the UK and to call the numbers myself and find out!! WHAT!?!

Turns out they piggybacked out connecting lines onto one of our neighbours and we're getting charged for those calls - at 600euro now!!

So I pay to get a barring order on my phone line to prove it wasn't us, still getting told it was us!

So now I have stand alone broadband, with no phone AT all and we're still getting told were in high usage!!

DO NOT GO TO EIR FOR SERVICE!

They are incompetent and falsely charge people!
    Hi  LordBanterbury,

Thanks for getting in touch.  

I'm sorry to hear of the delays you experienced getting your service installed. As this was a new install we will be unaware of the site requirements until the technician attends the site.I understand this must be quite frustrating especially however due to the nature of work required certain installs will not be straightforward to complete. I'm afraid there is no standalone broadband option and a line would be required for all installations.

A full investigation would be required in relation to the call charges & your neighbour connecting to your line. Have you logged this? Please feel free to PM me your name and account number and I'll follow this up.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement