Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charged twice

• 28-01-2017 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

i made a payment with my debit card yesterday, the first attempt was declined, second attempt went through as normal, but both transactions have been debited from my account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

kerosene wrote: »
    i made a payment with my debit card yesterday, the first attempt was declined, second attempt went through as normal, but both transactions have been debited from my account.
    Hi kerosene,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If you have a duplicated transaction on your account, this may be shadow posting which can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale (Point of sale Transaction with your Visa Debit card in a store, over the phone, or online) after we have authorised it. 

This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. Generally this transaction will update and no longer appear as a debit on your account in the next 5 working days. 

If we can assist you with anything else here please let us know.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement