Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Indy Scene the new Territories

Options
  • 28-01-2017 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

I was thinking today that the Indy Scene has never been so strong,The Wrestlers of today have so many options if the either get released by WWE or have yet to be picked up.

The UK scene as an example if huge between the likes of What Culture & ICW plus a possible World Of Sport weekly show.

Then you have NJPW which is probably the hottest fed in the world today, that is even before you mention the likes of ROH, TNA, Lucha, Evolve, PWG and many more.

And before folks say TNA, NJPW etc is not an Indy I get that but a lot of their roster would move about.

And all this has reminded me of the territory scene back in 70s,80s where a wrestler could move from one territory to the other.

So my question is the Indy scene the new territories and could we see more WWE stars leaving by choice to do the Indy scene

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think you could see some WWE stars leave like that in much the way Cody did but also think WWE wanna set up their own territories and have started already with the U.K. Title. Perhaps Mexico, Japan etc will be next

NJPW trying to move into the US could somewhat combat that but I think they will find that move hard with WWE saturating the market and already having NXT for the hardcore fans

Advertisement