Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Wolves 12.30 BT 2 - blame me

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Korat wrote: »
    From the outside looking in, I think Klopp wanted to sign some players. He was told no and has picked teams to prove he can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. I'd be very surprised if Liverpool didn't sign someone Klopp really wanted before the transfer window shut.

If the arse falls out of LFCs season Klopp shouldn't be blamed.

Speculative guff. He made it clear that he didn't want to add players who were not his absolute first choice for a given role. I think he is wrong but he has the final say - be interesting to hear if he maintains the position with the window open for another few days. It's on Klopp not FSG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

It's on Klopp not FSG

Does any fan give the owners that kind of credit.

You are the fool if you can't stand with the coach who is fighting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Does any fan give the owners that kind of credit.

You are the fool if you can't stand with the coach who is fighting them.

And you're a fool for making up a story about a conflict between Liverpool's owners and management. There is absolutely zero evidence that there's any sort of fight going on between Klopp and the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Lads its very simple....if anyone ever followed Klopps career as a manager he has always had someone else buying his players. Zorc did and is still doing it at Dortmund, Heidl at Mainz if I am not mistaken...Maybe our next big signing should be someone with an eye for a player or someone who can identify a player and make a signing whilst speaking to Klopp and his team in the final stages of the process instead of how it seems to be today.....player is identified, Klopp gives OK and the player has signed for another team or his club wont let him go.

The problems the club are having at the moment are a mix of a number of things....not getting the rub of the green (UEFA-Matip, offside goals...), injuries, lack of players*, clubs so called committee not bringing in players or suggesting players Klopp wants......players out of form.

We should also take the following into consideration:
    - FSG have always said they would run the club as a business and wouldnt spend above the clubs means....question here is...what can we really afford in the eyes of FSG
    - He changed his fitness coach over the summer....first season getting to know the PL and players needs.
    - Changed the dietician..same as above
    - Blooding young players...will stand to us in the near future or result in players being shipped out if not good enough.
    - Young players getting time on the pitch is positive when trying to sign other young lads....we play ours will be the selling point.

* to the lack of players.....it suits the owners of the club in my opinion to play it as we are at the moment. Not spending means the owners are making profit, breaking even or minimal loss. This allows them in the background to fight for UEFA Financial Fair Play and to follow the model they know from the states.
    Add to that that Klopp has never publically requested players at any of his clubs.....sure its a walk in the park for them. The boat wont be destablised and everyone will be happy......no negitive press for sponsors etc.etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

From the outside looking in, I think Klopp wanted to sign some players. He was told no and has picked teams to prove he can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. I'd be very surprised if Liverpool didn't sign someone Klopp really wanted before the transfer window shut.

If the arse falls out of LFCs season Klopp shouldn't be blamed.

Absolute horsecrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The line from Liverpool fans was that it's not Klopp's style to spend money. It was supposed to be a plus over the likes of Pep and Jose. How things change, In reality he just isn't a winner.

He should be winning the league after dive bombing out of every cup. If he finishes outside 4th now it's a sackable offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Apart from when he is a winner.

113289450-juergen-klopp-head-coach-of-dortmund-is-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lGnjDs01aeQKqjld9R%2fRaakzthyTPlpBMIL8vVPULjwwNF38Y8xDLPNfOdhYf8VCCN5PbtXalYONZU6g%2bJAJMQ%3d%3d

27982F0400000578-3041788-image-a-8_1429188530476.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Brendan Rodgers could have won those league titles in Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The line from Liverpool fans was that it's not Klopp's style to spend money. It was supposed to be a plus over the likes of Pep and Jose. How things change, In reality he just isn't a winner.

He should be winning the league after dive bombing out of every cup. If he finishes outside 4th now it's a sackable offence.

I love when you contradict yourself and you ending up looking very foolish indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

5starpool wrote: »
    Absolute horsecrap.

Why exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Brendan Rodgers could have won those league titles in Germany.

You are ON FIRE. Keep them coming. A much needed laugh on a dreary Sunday morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement