Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest Village Launch Spring 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I wouldn't buy in citywest but naas is ****ing miles from town, particularly the south side/baggot Street. Doing that commute now and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy long term.

I suppose you pick your poison and what you would tolerate and where you need to commute to.

I'd pick Naas over citywest in a heartbeat - there's absolutely no comparison.

Would not commute into town on the Red Line Luas or any of the Tallaght buses. Did the red line luas and it was unbearable and quit the job after 3 months.

the Bus Eireannn bus to Naas is a lot more civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭kerplun k

anewme wrote: »
    I suppose you pick your poison and what you would tolerate and where you need to commute to.

I'd pick Naas over citywest in a heartbeat - there's absolutely no comparison.

Would not commute into town on the Red Line Luas or any of the Tallaght buses. Did the red line luas and it was unbearable and quit the job after 3 months.

the Bus Eireannn bus to Naas is a lot more civilised.

C’mon... I lived in Citywest for 10 years. I got the Luas daily from CW to HSQ. As soon as I’m on, I open a book and read during the commute. Like most public transports, you get some dodgy characters all right, but not once in all that time was I ever spoken too or approached by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

All the same stuff keeps getting thrown back up in this thread time and time again.

I'm living in citywest 10 years and never once have I had an issues over that time. All other issues that people may speak of can happen anywhere in Dublin as previously spoken about before. I've travelled on the luas many a time and the worse anyone has ever said to me was hello.

As regards to the Lidl all those that were involved aren't all local with all being spread all over dublin, so it could have happened anywhere with a construction site on its door stop.

Based on my experience and living in citywest the past 10 years and knowing the area, we bought in phase 2 of CWV and we are looking forward to it.

Anyway we look forward to snagging at the end of may and moving in early June into our lovely house, and getting to know our lovely neighbours whom we have met already and are certainly not undesirables.

And regards the road going through from beside Lidl and the school, there are plans to build a block of apartments instead and it's with the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sc1993

Exactly. Well said. People will always have something to say no matter where you buy. Congratulations on your new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Fully agree. I wouldn't buy there because it isn't for me. But they are lovely houses and will suit other buyers perfectly. It's impossible to generalize house buying and areas. It's such a personal thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭jat2018

Went today for the new phase launch of CWV, there was a house available next to the social house which the agent said will be offered to the elderly, please let me know your viewpoint whether it will be actually offered to elderly as mentioned by the agent and is it ok to consider that house as an option or should i look for alternative?

jat2018 wrote: »
    Went today for the new phase launch of CWV, there was a house available next to the social house which the agent said will be offered to the elderly, please let me know your viewpoint whether it will be actually offered to elderly as mentioned by the agent and is it ok to consider that house as an option or should i look for alternative?

Are you elderly buying an elderly house. Are you getting it cheaper.

I meant the social house will be given to elderly but we are getting a house adjacent to this social house. We are a couple in early 30's and certainly, i wouldn't count the house as cheap, it's costing more than 300 grand..

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

The estate agent will say anything in order to sell the house in the least favourite location in the estate. It's a gamble. What come back do you have if they move anti social tenants in? You either stay or sell the house at a loss. So for me it would be a NO.

My dad lived in a house for the elderly. Granted, it was in a Council Estate. But the houses for elderly were different style( bungalows ) was for reduced mobility. Do they looked different.

If this is just a normal house mixed in with others, I’m not sure I’d trust that.

Friend bought a house( it was in a private estate) in some kind on initiative (not sure social housing) that she got it at a reduced price because she was single mother.

Hers was facing a big green right at the back. . She thought it was odd that the social houses got the best location within the estate.

2 years later they built Traveller accommodation on the green.

Agree with post above that they’d say anything to sell the homes in the best place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Sc1993

FOLD Ireland is the name of the organisation in which housing will be giving to elderly people in Citywest Village if you want to have a read up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are there many social houses as part of the development?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

There is an apartment block in that phase that will be social for the elderly.

MSVforever wrote: »
    The estate agent will say anything in order to sell the house in the least favourite location in the estate. It's a gamble. What come back do you have if they move anti social tenants in? You either stay or sell the house at a loss. So for me it would be a NO.

Yup..that’s what I was thinking, it’s a gamble where I already know that the chances of winning are way too less..thank you

Yup..that’s what I was thinking, it’s a gamble where I already know that the chances of winning are way too less..thank you

In fairness, I had a look at that website for FOLD (did not know it existed) and it looks like a really good initiative.

Before writing it off completely - Why don’t you give them a ring and try and find out a bit more about the setup.?

Do they own the houses outright, are you guaranteed a FOLD tenant for life, or are they just leased, in which case you are at the mercy of a social tenant.

As I said earlier, my Dad had a council little bungalow in a little circle for elderly. The people in the two story houses beside them most of who owned their homes looked out for them all and were so good to them. It really led to a great sense of community in the area.

In fairness, I had a look at that website for FOLD (did not know it existed) and it looks like a really good initiative.

Before writing it off completely - Why don’t you give them a ring and try and find out a bit more about the setup.?

Do they own the houses outright, are you guaranteed a FOLD tenant for life, or are they just leased, in which case you are at the mercy of a social tenant.

As I said earlier, my Dad had a council little bungalow in a little circle for elderly. The people in the two story houses beside them most of who owned their homes looked out for them all and were so good to them. It really led to a great sense of community in the area.

The problem is I don’t have issue with elderly as most of the time they are very nice but i am not 100% sure about whether the agent provided the correct information and what’s the guarantee that only elderly will stay there and not some nuisance creators now or in future as occupants can always change.

There is an apartment block in that phase that will be social for the elderly.

I assume you mean the apartments planned on the other side of luas at the corners.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are there many social houses as part of the development?

I’m aware of 2 in the same line where I have the option currently available and some apartment which conormc1984 mentioned below.

My dad lived in a house for the elderly. Granted, it was in a Council Estate. But the houses for elderly were different style( bungalows ) was for reduced mobility. Do they looked different.

If this is just a normal house mixed in with others, I’m not sure I’d trust that.

Friend bought a house( it was in a private estate) in some kind on initiative (not sure social housing) that she got it at a reduced price because she was single mother.

Hers was facing a big green right at the back. . She thought it was odd that the social houses got the best location within the estate.

2 years later they built Traveller accommodation on the green.

Agree with post above that they’d say anything to sell the homes in the best place.

Based on the plan it looks like a normal house mixed with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Hi

Guys/girls what is Facebook group address? I know there is closed group just for residents of the estate, would anyone be able help me out with this ?

Regards

• Advertisement

joker@ wrote: »
    Hi

Guys/girls what is Facebook group address? I know there is closed group just for residents of the estate, would anyone be able help me out with this ?

Regards

Search “citywest village residents” in FB

Based on my discussion with the property agent, 10% of the overall houses will be social houses in Citywest Village i.e. 33-34 houses which also includes apartment block.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Based on my discussion with the property agent, 10% of the overall houses will be social houses in Citywest Village i.e. 33-34 houses which also includes apartment block.

This is the same of all new developments.
    10% of houses is allocated to social houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Can I ask how long it took people to close and actually move in after completing the snagging list?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

Hi, we missed out on the house we wanted in the new phase and are hoping for a cancellation. Just wondering did anybody get a house after being on the cancellation list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

LK1988 wrote: »
    Hi, we missed out on the house we wanted in the new phase and are hoping for a cancellation. Just wondering did anybody get a house after being on the cancellation list?

What were the prices these were going for if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Its unlikely, i think there were 1 or 2 in phase one and that is it. this is phase 3 i believe?

Prices look like they are up €23k since phase 2 last september...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

315k is the one I am hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meonaredcouch

I was approached by SherryFitz that there was a detached 3 bed available for 375k. What do you folks think about this? Is the premium price for a detached worth it? also the yard size seems not too big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭xpletiv

which one was it, on the Close? That was where a detached was going when we were buying last September, was 350k when we looked then. Garden was small I thought too.

Advertisement