Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options
  • 28-01-2017 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi... hope to have a thread with some other great ladies expecting in October 2017! Just got my bfp in the last few days... due the 8th October... baba no. 2. SO excited!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Hurray! Someone started a thread! Due on the 7th with number 2 also 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

There must be more than just the two of us Hazelbee! What age is your 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 inatissy

Hello, so excited to be joining this thread, due the 10th, and it's out first!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 auntieo

Hiya. Another October mommy to be here!! Did test today. Due on 7th too. Myself and hubby literally just decided on New Year's Eve to try for our second. Can't believe it's happened so soon! So excited. No symptoms yet really. Just an insatiable appetite!!

There must be more than just the two of us Hazelbee! What age is your 1st?

Mine has just gone 2. How about yours?

• Advertisement

I'm all bloated and getting tired in the afternoons. Exercising in the morning in helping though. The nausea hit about 6 weeks last time.....

Dreading the nausea and exhaustion of the first trimester. Have a 19 month old to deal with too this time around so that should be fun!

We have a 19 month old too.... sickness kicked in at around 6 weeks last time too... but I got away very lightly so fingers crossed I'm as lucky this time....

Excited to see more mamas/dadas to be joining here... 😊

How are you ladies feeling? I'm just hitting 5 weeks and ealing pretty good.... I'm surprised... waiting for the tiredness to hit like a sledge hammer.... was very emotional yday - hard when I work all day and all I wanted to do was cry!!!lol. The next few weeks will tell a lot for how the next few months are going to play out I think....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilypadd

Delighted to be joining this group. Just got a BFP this morning, due around the 15th, delighted and nervous in equal measure. No 2 for us. Feel pretty normal so far, hoping that will last as long as possible!! How are the rest of you feeling? Any symptoms yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 helenmc13

Hi lady's excited to be joining this thread, due the 4th Oct, this is my second child, feeling nauseous and sick today very early on compared to my last pregnany.

I was getting loads of cramps and sore breasts, all calming down now, but now I think I'm after getting pleurisy after a long cough. The pain is killing me and just keeping a water bottle on it in the evening. Ugh just jinxed. Going to doc on Wed but feeling it'll be a suck it up recommendation.

Congratulations Helenmc13, how old is your first? That's sounds painful inatissy! Poor you. It doesn't help that you can't take anything for it. I haven't had too much in the way of symptoms yet thank god. Had a bit of everything in my last pregnancy so I'm waiting for some to start showing up any day now😳

I'm 5 weeks since Saturday. No major symptoms yet. I was further along when I found out I was pregnant with my first and the nausea had already kicked in that stage! It feels so weird knowing I'm pregnant and not feeling any different. I'm so excited and can't wait to tell people but am gonna try and wait till the 12 weeks at least.

I'm 5+5 today and the nausea kicked in 3 days ago. Didn't even make it to six weeks this time!

Oh no that's very early hazelbee. Were you bad the last time? It's horrendous. I have got it yet but I remember it well from my last pregnancy, the smell of anything would set me off!

I'm the same nausea each morning, I'm hoping that if it kicks in early doesn't necessarily mean it's going to get worse. Will see soon enough I guess.

Do people generally tell close family before the 12 weeks? Still deciding whether to tell my mum; if I tell her I know she will tell everyone else, if I wait till the scan I know she'll be annoyed that I didn't tell her sooner. I think either way I just can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Horseygirl1983

I'm due the 2nd of October with our first. Had alot of soreness cramping and tiredness in January but it's easing now. It's very strange as I don't "feel" pregnant so much in the last week and of course this is concerning. I find it very overwhelming and anxious. Whilst im happy to be starting a family with a great guy i don't feel remotely ready for this change. We got pregnant within 1 month of me coming off the pill and i was really shocked it happened so quickly. husband works away from home alot and I have no family near me. I don't know how I'll cope....but I'm sure I will. Having spent 34 years galavanting around without a care I suddenly find my life flashing before me and j feel v selfish. Hubby is delighted! Any thoughts ? I've never posted in boards before!

Few days of nausea on and off here over the last few days - a little earlier than last time too... hopefully it doesn't come to much.

Regards telling me - my mother in law guessed during the week... she lives next door and minds my little one and she put 2 and 2 together... well prob tell my parents this weekend... everyone else will have to wait til after first scan - mid/late March....

Have you all gone to your gp?

• Advertisement

Apologies for not replying sooner I'm new to boards She is just gone 3 years old so full of beans, it's very different second time round. Knowing what's ahead but excited 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I think I might be in this gang too! 😱

My cycle is usually about 24 days, yesterday was day 28 so I tested with a first response test and it came back positive! I've done 3 tests since then and they've all been negative though, so I don't know what to think.

I've been reading that false positives are very rare, and I should just wait a few days to test again, but it's driving me mad!

If it's any consolation extraplus I had 2 negatives aswell and then got a BFP a few days later. It's so hard waiting to find out but the fact that you got a positive is a really good sign. Congratulations horseygirl, it's totally normal to be anxious, especially at this stage as there are some crazy hormonal changes going on, I'm like a bag of cats most of the time these days! My hubby works in another country Monday to Friday and I don't have family near me and I have a little toddler and it's very doable, we have our own little routine and I make sure to get plenty of me time to recharge when my hubby is home at the weekend. Try not to get too overwhelmed, you'll be amazed how naturally the whole thing will come to you and you will actually enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I'm due Oct 16th - found out on Thursday night. It's my second pregnancy. I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks last September so I'm nervous but happy though definitely not ready! My hubby has been dealing with a bulging disc in his back for the last 2 months so we only had a single occasion last month in which I could have gotten pregnant... and we did! Still a bit shocked about that given I'm 35.

I've told a couple of friends, so that I could talk to them about it if I had enough miscarriage but I'm waiting till after 8 weeks anyway before telling families this time (unless my sister randomly reads this) just so they don't get too excited.

I've been feeling a bit tired, and tummy is gurgly and a bit crampy. I think I might be getting hit with cravings already at 4 weeks 5 days - keep needing to eat spicy foods!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cabogirl

Horseygirl- I could have written your post, aside from the fact that my initial due date is the same as yours. I got pregnant very quickly and feel cheated even though we planned we would have a baby this year. I don't feel ready to give up my lovely independence yet...I love my job and my social life and my travels. I'm hoping this will pass, at the moment I'm treating it all very technically until we have an early scan at least. I'm disappointed in myself for feeling this way especially when everyone else is so excited here! But everyone's experience is unique I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Lilypadd wrote: »
    If it's any consolation extraplus I had 2 negatives aswell and then got a BFP a few days later. It's so hard waiting to find out but the fact that you got a positive is a really good sign

Thanks Lilypadd. I got another positive this morning, so I guess it is real!
    cabogirl wrote: »
    Horseygirl- I could have written your post, aside from the fact that my initial due date is the same as yours. I got pregnant very quickly and feel cheated even though we planned we would have a baby this year. I don't feel ready to give up my lovely independence yet...I love my job and my social life and my travels. I'm hoping this will pass, at the moment I'm treating it all very technically until we have an early scan at least. I'm disappointed in myself for feeling this way especially when everyone else is so excited here! But everyone's experience is unique I suppose!

Don't be feeling disappointed in yourself cabogirl, I think they are all very normal feelings, it is such a big change. I'm certainly feeling something similar! I didn't think I could get pregnant at all, so I just can't get my head around it. We have a big holiday booked in April, including visiting lots of vineyards, and I can't help thinking about how I won't be able to enjoy it! I've also just started a new job, so I'm dreading telling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Horseygirl1983

cabogirl wrote: »

Thanks for your comments. Everyones experience is unique. I've never "longed" for a baby, like you I've been busy working and travelling and having fun. Having a baby is a total hand brake....but hopefully a new challenge and adventure of its own. I think my hormones are settling because now I can say "I'm pregnant" without bursting into tears. ...which is helpful in general! Like you I'm trying to keep somewhat removed from the reality of this situation until scan confirms it's actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

My wife officially knows her body too well. Due date 21st October.

It is going to be a long wait until we tell many people in the real world.

Can't wait. Baba number two. Their big brother will be 2 and a half by then.

Exciting times, best of luck to all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

Tentatively joining in on this thread. Very early days but it's looking like a late October baby - I think! I'm a little all over the place as its very very unexpected and a massive surprise to say the least. All going well it will be number three - have a three year old and a seven month old and am feeling extremely overwhelmed and wondering how on earth im going to cope.

• Advertisement

Hi lady's anyone have extreme fatigue, I'm 6 weeks gone and I feel like tired all day and falling asleep at like 9 o clock no energy, I can't remember this with my first maybe it's extra been busy with a 3 year old too exhausted.

Advertisement