Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anne2014

quinevere wrote: »
    Hi I'm now 31 weeks had my 4 d scan and was thrilled now feeling like I
    Should start the hospital bag - what's everyone's opinion on baby's clothes should I wash them before baby wears them? I had eczemea as a kid and think I will but debating what to use just a non bio or do you I use a softener as well. Then again should i wait and see .. the baby clothes I brought so far are 0-3 months as a lot of people have told me that newborn is often to small? Any advice appreciated?

I'm due next week so bag is packed and ready to go! I washed mine using fairy non bio and comfort fabric softener (the white one with the baby on the front).

With regards to size my son was 6lbs when he was born and lost a lot of weight straightaway so everything was huge on him.We had got all 0-3 mths based on advice from other people. Hubby had to go out and buy newborn clothes.

This time we're expecting a bigger baby but all we had was newborn and 0-3 from last time so I got a couple of 'up to one month' babygrows in next. It's up to 10lbs. I figure that if the newborn is too small the up to one month will be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Yes I agree with Anne2014. This will be my third. My first 2 both arrived at 7lb8/9oz and the 0-3 month were huge on them when born. They were in newborn size for a couple weeks. And then the up to 1 month. I don't think they went into the 0-3months until about 4-6weeks.... But I'm a bit hazy on the actual exact weeks. I just remember them being very big for the first little while. And my babies, while not big... Weren't small either... Maybe just buy a coupe of the smaller sizes to bring to hospital just in case. You can always buy more if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

yes would agree with others, dont buy too much newborn as it may not fit them for long. both of us are very tall so we figured our 1st would be long at least so i got mainly 0-3mths. she was 10lbs 1 oz so straight into that size but when she dropped weight she went back into the up to 1 month size for another week or two. dont think i ever got newborn on her! its easy as hubby or family to pick up some extra after baby arrives. i also found tesco babygros and vests were long and narrow (these fitted my girl the best). Dunnes are shorter in the leg but wider around the waist. Pennys were a bit in between but after a few washes didnt have great shape. Tesco, Asda/george and Next were the brands I stuck with as my girl was tall and slender. I still buy her vests in tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Definitely find that the Tesco and next clothes last the longest. That's what we've stuck to for our first.

Struggling here today. Haven't slept in 3 days with SPD and my toddler is pulling out all her noisiest toys! 😀 Counting down the days to my husbands day off so I can have a rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

fifib wrote: »
    yes would agree with others, dont buy too much newborn as it may not fit them for long. both of us are very tall so we figured our 1st would be long at least so i got mainly 0-3mths. she was 10lbs 1 oz so straight into that size but when she dropped weight she went back into the up to 1 month size for another week or two. dont think i ever got newborn on her! its easy as hubby or family to pick up some extra after baby arrives. i also found tesco babygros and vests were long and narrow (these fitted my girl the best). Dunnes are shorter in the leg but wider around the waist. Pennys were a bit in between but after a few washes didnt have great shape. Tesco, Asda/george and Next were the brands I stuck with as my girl was tall and slender. I still buy her vests in tesco

10lb1oz... That's a big baby!! Fair play to you... I think I'd need 2 epidurals for that! My husband isn't big. Only around 5'11"... I love tall guys... But this is a time I thank my lucky stars he wasn't any taller! Lol! My ex was 6'7''... So I shudder to think what may have been.... Lol.

I think newborn only last up until around the 8.5lb mark! Yes next clothes I think are best quality. I also adore M&S clothes! They are fab and last great after washing. But I think sometimes you need a size up as they can sometimes be small fitting.

• Advertisement

oh i ended up with section...she wasnt stirring lol hoping this little one is tad smaller at least. Actually was told today at 33+3weeks baby was about 5lbs now. anyone else been given an approximate size? I never got this on my first but my consultant is keeping a good eye on size of this baby after the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

This one is being monitored for sizew too - but for the opposite reason - first baby was small (under 6lb)... Had a scan today - this one is already over 6lb at 34 weeks! Estimated weight at full term is 8 and a half lb!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anne2014

This one was 3lbs at 30 wks, 5lbs at 34 weeks and just over 6lbs at 37 wks. They said it'll prob be average size. I'm 39 wks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Thanks everyone started shopping yesterday for baby hospital stuff - I've no idea what weight baby is yet just know the bump is measuring a week behind what I should be 31 cm instead of 32 baby's transverse at moment, I brought a few 0-1 months and a few newborns (mostly Tesco/m&s based on your reviews) - so I can have them washed for hospital. As we're not finding out sex I'm not buying too much. Travel system arrived yesterday as well. So beginning to feel I'm getting organised. Thinking avent bottles still reading about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

Baby estimated weight at 33 weeks was 5.9lbs but consultant was telling me can be quite inaccurate as it's difficult to get a proper measurement at this stage. Have another appointment tomorrow so will see what weight is then. So long as baba is still growing that's the main thing.

Nothing organised here but I'm going to take tomorrow off and try and get some bits and pieces organised and try and pack bag over the weekend.

Tomorrow's appointment is going to hopefully tell me whether I will be allowed progress and go into labour naturally or whether they want to induce at 37 weeks. Really hoping they let me continue so fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone keeping well. The aches and pains and lack of sleep are beginning to get to me and I'm finding these last few weeks tough!

• Advertisement

I've a couple of newborn and 0-3 months stuff pulled out, the nuetral bits at least. Baby no1 was 9lbs 8 and this one is expected to be at least as big. We didn't find out the gender this time but we've enough bits to start off with.

I here ya with the aches and pains. I was just about coping with the SPD and now the uncomfortable back and ribs have started. But we are getting there!!

just seen this offer in Bargain Alerts. might be handy for buying stuff for the hospital bag..
    Boots.ie spend €40 and get 15% off with code PAYPAL15
    I was going to get a Tens machine tomorrow so this is perfect!

just seen this offer in Bargain Alerts. might be handy for buying stuff for the hospital bag..
    Boots.ie spend €40 and get 15% off with code PAYPAL15
    I was going to get a Tens machine tomorrow so this is perfect!

That's great actually! Thank you.

What Tens are you thinking of? Really interested in one and was considering. Hospital gave me tens on my fish which was a really long labour and I found it really good for the first while.

boots have a maternity one. think its the only maternity one they sell. others aren't suitable for pregnancy it seems. its €55. i didnt have on my 1st. didnt even know about them lol

dunnes also have offer on waterwipes. box of 12 for €20. was just going to get a few packs for first week or so and then switch to our normal huggies ones i use with my daughter but i think ill get 2 or 3 boxes of these..works out at 1.67 a pack. they're 3.45 normally! its crazy how expensive they are!
    I buy the huggies pure on amazon at .70cents a pack or thereabouts. my postman loves me lol

dunnes also have offer on waterwipes. box of 12 for €20. was just going to get a few packs for first week or so and then switch to our normal huggies ones i use with my daughter but i think ill get 2 or 3 boxes of these..works out at 1.67 a pack. they're 3.45 normally! its crazy how expensive they are!
    I buy the huggies pure on amazon at .70cents a pack or thereabouts. my postman loves me lol

Think I might do the same. That's a good offer. We usually use aldi sensitive ones but these would definitely be good for the first few weeks.

I had some a physio session on Wednesday and once the tenderness went away I had much better sleep last night. Such a relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 helenmc13

Has anyone had any experience with when they do c-sections when your baby is frank breech their is very little chance of turning. I had a hospital appointment today and they won't give me a date until the next appointment but mentioned possibly c-section at 39+4 weeks. I went 2 weeks early with my first and worried it will turn into an Emergancy c-section.

helenmc13 - is baby still breech? did they give you any advise on things to try to turn baby? I remember reading about a woman who swears by handstands in the swimming pool turned her baby!
    Im finishing up work tomorrow. wasnt supposed to finish until 6th but ive been getting bad headaches and swelling and gp worried about developing pre-eclampsia. if it does develop it'll be straight into theatre for me due to my previous section.

did everyone get letter back from social welfare on the materbity leave? I sent mine off few weeks backs but got nothing since. dont remember it take as long last time round

helenmc13 - is baby still breech? did they give you any advise on things to try to turn baby? I remember reading about a woman who swears by handstands in the swimming pool turned her baby!
    Im finishing up work tomorrow. wasnt supposed to finish until 6th but ive been getting bad headaches and swelling and gp worried about developing pre-eclampsia. if it does develop it'll be straight into theatre for me due to my previous section.

did everyone get letter back from social welfare on the materbity leave? I sent mine off few weeks backs but got nothing since. dont remember it take as long last time round

I'm due the first week in October and only got my letter back last week.

• Advertisement

I got mine today sent it the 14th August and mat leave starts the 12th October so they take a few weeks to get back to you.. how's everyone feeling I'm getting very excited .. washed all baby's clothes last night ...

Thirty eight weeks here today and head engaged. Can really feel pressure when doing stairs or walking. Have appointment on Thurs so maybe considering a sweep then or may leave until following week. Cramps and back pain coming and going. Have a bag half packed. Finally got the baby grows and vests washed so it's really just a few things for myself that I need to pack. Trying to remember what i need!!!

Dreading the pain, anxious to get it started, nervous that all will go well but looking forward to getting it over with!

Keeping an open mind on pain relief. Would love to not have epidural and be able to shower straight after but I'm a baby about pain!!! Hope everyone else keeping well

Still breech and experience a lot of tigning/ pain/ pressure last few days. Section date not till 2nd Oct, Baby still wants to stay breech must be to comfortable. I got my maternity leave letter a few weeks ago but I did hear there was a back log of 2/3 months worth giving them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

My maternity leave was due to start this Fri - the 22nd (but was signed off last week) I only got letter last week. I did get a text message and few days after sending it in to say they had received it then nothing until the letter last week. I know a girl who, sillyily, only applied with less than 2 weeks before she was due to finish - the processed it straight away so I think they are doing based on when you're due to fInish up work....

Hope all you ladies are doing well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

boots have a maternity one. think its the only maternity one they sell. others aren't suitable for pregnancy it seems. its €55. i didnt have on my 1st. didnt even know about them lol

Boots ones are meant to be crap, the better ones are those you rent, think the company is based in kilmacanogue in Wicklow...

Hi ladies i delivery my son by emergency C-Section Wednesday 20th I went two weeks early after all, we are both doing well.

helenmc13 wrote: »
    Hi ladies i delivery my son by emergency C-Section Wednesday 20th I went two weeks early after all, we are both doing well.

Congrats!

First October baby born congrats...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Congratulations!

• Advertisement

Congratulations!!! Hope all going well for you. Due today but I have a feeling I wil be waiting!!!!!

Advertisement