Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

helenmc13 wrote: »
    Hi lady's anyone have extreme fatigue, I'm 6 weeks gone and I feel like tired all day and falling asleep at like 9 o clock no energy, I can't remember this with my first maybe it's extra been busy with a 3 year old too exhausted.

I definitely had this for about a week but now the constant nausea has taken over 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Delighted to see the number grow in here ☺ congrats to you all...

The tiredness is a killer. Myself and hubby were away last weekend (in Ireland - hotel break) I.literally spent most of the weekend in bed.... (partly just because I could!) But I'm SO shattered.... although it's funny - I work full time and was only thinking today I'm surprised that I'm not feeling even more shattered these days after work.... although I am going to bed early! (But randomly wake for hours at night hence the 1 am post!)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

The nausea and tiredness have hit here so I'm guessing I'm about the six/seven-week mark which brings my estimated due date forward to early October. Spent most of last night in the bathroom getting sick :(. Very tired today and a full day of work ahead of me. Has anyone else been to gp or gotten things started. I must go and get organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

My Wife had her first bit of morning sickness this morning.
    Threw up after discussing porridge with colleagues.
    She is delighted.
    She was very sick last time around and everyone told her that it was a sign of a healthy baby, so it is what she has come to expect (and hope for).

She is an odd one :D.

On a side note we both applied for these today.
    Not much but a nice gesture.
    https://maternityandinfant.ie/lidlbabybox/

Oh interesting eldamo... wonder what's in it.....

I registered with GP last week. Got my 12 appt for the 22nd March - my bday! ☺

Hope you are all keeping well...

• Advertisement

Oh interesting eldamo... wonder what's in it.....

I registered with GP last week. Got my 12 appt for the 22nd March - my bday! ☺

Hope you are all keeping well...

havn't picked mine up yet, but reading reports form others,
    a pack of nappies (looks full size)
    a pack of baby wipes
    a deodorant
    toothpaste
    a chapstick (i think, they said labello?)
    a pack of kitchen wipes
    a tube of hand cream

sure something for nothing, handy to have in the house.

Not too shabby.... you both register so ye are getting 2? I got the EU mom bag the last time - wonder is that still going....? This sounds like a direct copy of that... Happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilypadd

Thanks for the link eldamo that looks great, I just registered, love an oul freebie. Sorry to hear the tiredness and nausea starting to kick in for some. I'm getting away lightly so far but will only be 6 weeks at the weekend so it's still early days. I have an appointment with the gp tomorrow, looking forward to getting the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 auntieo

Nearly 7 weeks here. I'm feeling awful the past week or so. Tiredness and desperate nausea. I'd have a fairly healthy diet normally but I'm just craving carbs and crap food. I'm finding it really hard to actually prepare a dinner. Food smells etc turn my stomach. We've eaten more takeaways in the past ten days than in the past 6 months!! I'll have to cop on or I'll be the size of a house come October!

Sorry to hear your feeling rough auntieo... we've also upped our takeaways! It's the tiredness that's killing me.... the nausea is mild - I can cope with that but feeling like I've been hit by a bus is really getting old now... roll on trimester 2!

• Advertisement

Turns out my Lidl aren't doing the baby boxes anymore... hope the rest of you got them!

What hospitals are you all attending? I'm going to our Lady of lourdes in drogheda - 5 mins from work so....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilypadd

That'll be handy for appointments being so close to work Blueberry. I'm attending Holles st, I had my last there also and had a good experience so happy to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 auntieo

We're all gone v quiet here. I'm guessing like me a few of ye are struck down with the dreaded nausea and exhaustion. Although I must say I've been feeling a bit more normal the past couple of days. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. Looking forward to my first scan in the hospital. Haven't got my booking appointment yet but assume it'll be around the 12 week mark.

8 weeks today. The nausea has been something awful for the past two weeks. I've actually started getting sick now as well, but at least I get a little relief for a while. Dreading work on Monday morning. Hope everyone else is coping ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 helenmc13

8 weeks Same as that nausea terrible not to much vomiting last few days tho. I got the flu jab on Tuesday and I have a head cold since Thursday but I do suffer from Sinus so not sure which one it is and can't take anything for it. Like that back to work Monday after being off sick for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 inatissy

Nausea really comes in waves, constant eating required! I haven't been sick yet, I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse as it's just manageable at the moment.
    2 weddings back to back next month, perfect timing.

I don't have my scan until 3rd of April, ages away, I don't know if I can wait that long!

We're totally impatient so going for a private scan on Saturday ☺ can't wait to see bubs... 12 week scan on 22nd March.... seems like FOREVER away!

I've been lucky with the nausea and sickness and even the tiredness.... the tiredness was a killer around 5 weeks but seems to have eased a little.... although I have pretty much locked myself away in my office all day today cos I just needed some quite time...lol.

Hope the nausea and sickness passes quickly for you ladies who are suffering - role on trimester 2 for an energy boost!!!!

I was perfectly fine with waiting until the 12 week scan to tell people. Now my wife has decided we should tell the grandparents at 8 weeks. Now I just want to shout it from the top of a mountain. The next two weeks are gonna be long....

We're useless at keeping it quite.... we had said we'd wait til 12 weeks too but then a few ppl guessed and feck it..... it's a great feeling telling ppl though.... I had a t shirt for my little one that said "I'm going to be a big sister" - worked a treat....

We're useless at keeping it quite.... we had said we'd wait til 12 weeks too but then a few ppl guessed and feck it..... it's a great feeling telling ppl though.... I had a t shirt for my little one that said "I'm going to be a big sister" - worked a treat....

We had to tell her parents early the last time because she was booked into a spa weekend with her mother and it was easier to tell her than make excuses for avoiding half of the stuff there.
    So we told my parents too in the interest of fairness.

She is sick as a dog already, so it is getting tougher to hide that now, I think she is going to tell a work colleague today.

She can't hide the blue slush puppies any longer, not a euphemism, her only source of hydration last time around...

• Advertisement

We were the same last time round - we were going on a cruise with my parents...I was 6 weeks - all drinks were included in the cruise so I had to tell them (didn't like the idea of them guessing/wondering) like that out of fairness we told his mother the day we came home.... this them round - his mother found out first.... it's hard to keep it quite (even when your not sick!) Ha...slush puppies.... my "thing" last time was these wierd triangle cola cool pop things..... couldn't get enough of them and Tesco was a bit hit and miss with stocking them..... I remember buying about 5 boxes one day! (I was about 8 months pregnant!lol)

We were the same last time round - we were going on a cruise with my parents...I was 6 weeks - all drinks were included in the cruise so I had to tell them (didn't like the idea of them guessing/wondering) like that out of fairness we told his mother the day we came home.... this them round - his mother found out first.... it's hard to keep it quite (even when your not sick!) Ha...slush puppies.... my "thing" last time was these wierd triangle cola cool pop things..... couldn't get enough of them and Tesco was a bit hit and miss with stocking them..... I remember buying about 5 boxes one day! (I was about 8 months pregnant!lol)

Yeah regular cool pops were a slush puppy substitute.
    I remember walking together to the train station at about 6:30 in the morning and her getting the oddest of looks from school children for being sucking on a cool pop

We're very quite in here...have m/any of you got dates for your 12 week scan? Ours is on the 22nd March. We went for a private scan on Saturday and all looks good thank god...

Hope the sickness is passing for all you ladies...

Sickness is finally easing here. Have spent the last five weeks permanently tired and sick. Couldn't keep eyes open past nine pm. Had a bit of a scare. Cramping since Saturday and started bleeding today. Thankfully all ok and got to see baba for the first time. So relieved when I saw heartbeat I almost burst into tears. First appointment on the 23rd so will get dating scan then. Think I'm due 4th October.

Sickness is easing slightly, though still very tired. I've my scan on the 23rd as well! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Went for a private scan on Wednesday and everything is great! EDD 28th October...seems like ages away but hopefully will fly in.

Hoping you're all in great form! x

Yesterday was the first day in a few weeks I didn't get sick and even managed a little road trip today. I'm wiped out this evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LoveBrowsing

Hi Ladies,

I'm October too! The 4th fingers crossed.

I'm just looking for advice - I'm a first timer and just looking for opinions.

I'm going to be 12 weeks this week, however I couldn't get my 12 week scan until next week (when I'll be 13 weeks). However we're going home to visit our families this weekend with it being Mother's Day, we were hoping to tell parents and siblings then. We'd only tell everyone else after the scan.

Am I mad to do this, should I just wait until after the scan?

I'd appreciate any thoughts and/or advice. We haven't told anyone so it's just hard to know.

Thanks a million

Hi lovebrowsing. I think I am due the same date as your!!! Number 3 for us. With regard to telling people we told our families on one of my pregnancies before having the twelve week scan. Unfortunately when I had the scan no heartbeat was found and I miscarried. Personally I was glad I had told my Mam and sisters so they had an idea of what I was going through after and I appreciated their support after. Very glad I didn't tell friends or work etc. Have told families again this time around but no one else and my scan is sometime this week.

It's so exciting on your first enjoy every minute of it and rest when you get the opportunity!!!!!

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,

I'm October too! The 4th fingers crossed.

I'm just looking for advice - I'm a first timer and just looking for opinions.

I'm going to be 12 weeks this week, however I couldn't get my 12 week scan until next week (when I'll be 13 weeks). However we're going home to visit our families this weekend with it being Mother's Day, we were hoping to tell parents and siblings then. We'd only tell everyone else after the scan.

Am I mad to do this, should I just wait until after the scan?

I'd appreciate any thoughts and/or advice. We haven't told anyone so it's just hard to know.

Thanks a million

The only reason not to tell everyone early is that if something goes wrong, you don't want to have to go explaining that to everyone.

But if something goes wrong your family are the people who you would likely be going to for support anyway (or at least, would be in my case).

I would go ahead and tell if I was you, but under the caveat of the scan not having happened and ask them all to be cautious for the intervening week.

Advertisement