Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Also, this had no place in my previous response.

My wifes morning sickness is even worse than the last time.

She was at the GP this morning and he has said that if she cannot produce a urine sample by lunchtime she will be sent in to the hospital to be put on a drip.

This happened twice over the whole last pregnancy, but i think they were more towards the end

Could be in for a long haul this time around.

She was actually eating quite a bit at the weekend, but it all just kept coming back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Hi Ladies,

I'm October too! The 4th fingers crossed.

I'm just looking for advice - I'm a first timer and just looking for opinions.

I'm going to be 12 weeks this week, however I couldn't get my 12 week scan until next week (when I'll be 13 weeks). However we're going home to visit our families this weekend with it being Mother's Day, we were hoping to tell parents and siblings then. We'd only tell everyone else after the scan.

Am I mad to do this, should I just wait until after the scan?

I'd appreciate any thoughts and/or advice. We haven't told anyone so it's just hard to know.

Thanks a million

Hi - I agree with the others - I'd tell your family as god forbid things didn't work out - itd be nice to have them to support you.... plus if it means you get to tell them in person -v- over the phone (you said you going to visit them so I'm guessing they live a distance away) then I'd def tell them but ask them not to tell others as you haven't had a scan yet and it's still early days....

We had our booking in appt yesterday! We got to see bubs - super excited.... all looks good thank god. It's mad how it's been growing/developing away in there with out me feeling anyway - crazy stuff. Hope those of you who have scans today all get good news and enjoy the glimpse at your little bubs..... I've been put on the "surveillance" list for this pregnancy as my first baby was quite small so gonna have a good few scans etc especially in the last trimester.... I won't complain about that! They are also going to look do an anomaly scan at 20 weeks (which isn't standard in my hospital) due to some family heart problems.... all in all it was a good day and exciting times ahead... it's mad that we all about a quarter of the way though and some coming to the end of semester 1 already!

Hope your partner is feeling a bit better eldamo sounds like she's having a tough time of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I have my scan today as well. I'm feeling super nervous.

I had my scan today and saw the little face and waving arms. I'm so relieved everything is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Delighted for you Blueberry & HazelBee - lovely to see such good news, happy days! :)

Eldamo hope your wife starts feeling better, at least you're both on top of things early, it will be worth it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 helenmc13

Hi everyone im12 weeks today but experiencing some uncomfortable feeling like little pains in my stomach this morning, any advise

I get little pains every now and then Helen. If you are really worried maybe give the early pregnancy unit a call?

Thanks hazelbee the pains went after a few hours I think it was my belly maybe stretching. Feeling way better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cutiekid

Hi to everyone, great to meet all mum/dad here!
    I'm 12 weeks now, but have to wait 1st appt until 14/4. is that usual to wait that long?? Really want to know how is baby going on in my tummy..sign..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucylu12

Hi everyone i am also due in October but the 29th
    just wondering has anyone here ever had an early scan
    I am 9 weeks this week and my doctor requested an early scan for me at 10 weeks because my last pregnancy did'nt go so well
    but I have not got a letter about an appointment yet and thought i would seeing as ill be 10 weeks next week.wondering should i just ring the hospital myself or wait and see
    did you get your letter for your appointments a week or so before the appointment date?
    this is my 3rd baby but i have never been so anxious
    i'd appreciate any advise

• Advertisement

lucylu12 wrote: »
    Hi everyone i am also due in October but the 29th
    just wondering has anyone here ever had an early scan
    I am 9 weeks this week and my doctor requested an early scan for me at 10 weeks because my last pregnancy did'nt go so well
    but I have not got a letter about an appointment yet and thought i would seeing as ill be 10 weeks next week.wondering should i just ring the hospital myself or wait and see
    did you get your letter for your appointments a week or so before the appointment date?
    this is my 3rd baby but i have never been so anxious
    i'd appreciate any advise

I'd give the scan room a call to make sure you're down. In some hospitals you have to call the scan room and arrange the date yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 __teenie__

Im due 31st I rang the hospital 're first appointment and was told that we will get a letter two weeks beforehand. It probably won't be week 12 when we get seen though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucylu12

I have tried ringing my hospital the last two days but each time they put me though to the department with no answer. just getting fed up at this stage so were going to go for a private scan to try and put my mind at ease a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

lucylu12 wrote: »
    I have tried ringing my hospital the last two days but each time they put me though to the department with no answer. just getting fed up at this stage so were going to go for a private scan to try and put my mind at ease a bit.

For the sake of €100 go for private scan, we've used merrion fertility clinic in Dublin and find it great.

We've paid for 7/8 weeks scans just for that reassurance due to previous miscarriage and it means a lot, once you see heartbeat you know miscarriage chances drop significantly (though still a risk obviously).

This is my second pregnancy and we've gone for a private scan both time - even though we haven't had an issues previously thank god. Was it your gp who said they wanted you to have an early scan? Can you ring them and see? I git the letter for my appt about 4 weeks before the appt. Went to gp at around 5 or 6 weeks had appt at 11.5 weeks.

I hit week 13 tomorrow - 2nd trimester here I come! I've been feeling really crap all week - just really weak and drained and doc thought I had a kidney infection but they've put it down to a virus now.... along with the joys of tri 1 of pregnancy = not fun!

Looking forward to a lift in energy levels over the coming weeks hopefully...

Hope you're all doing well....

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Hi All,

Had my Panorama scan on Wednesday, which was great - saw baby again who has distinctive arms and legs and was wiggling around loads, sonographer said baby seemed very healthy which was such a relief.
    Nervous for the results now, please God everything will come back low risk.

Interestingly (I use this word with great sarcasm) I only started to get extremely bad morning sickness on Thursday, feeling like an absolute pile of sh*te now which isn't great.

10 weeks tomorrow, hoping the next few weeks will fly til the booking appointment and then maybe I can finally relax :(

I was recommended by a friend to book a private scan when I realised I was pregnant. It was great to have something too look forward to before week 12 and know all is well with the little blob. I booked it for week 9 but the clinic in kk will do ultrasounds from week 7, I just didn't want to have a internal one so pushed the date back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ElleToro

Hi :) I think I'm now ready to admit this is all happening! I'm 11 and half weeks pregnant with my second, my first will be 11 months old next week... we are in for utter chaos!

Is anyone else attending the Coombe, and what did you opt for?

I had an emergency section with my first, and he arrived 6 weeks early so am trying to mentally prepare that this won't happen again!

ElleToro wrote: »
    Hi :) I think I'm now ready to admit this is all happening! I'm 11 and half weeks pregnant with my second, my first will be 11 months old next week... we are in for utter chaos!

Is anyone else attending the Coombe, and what did you opt for?

I had an emergency section with my first, and he arrived 6 weeks early so am trying to mentally prepare that this won't happen again!

Welcome elletoro.... certainly sounds like your have your hands full! But they'll be great friends 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Well I went for my 12 week scan earlier this week and all is looking great. At 9 weeks I went for a private scan and found out that I'm having twins.

I'll be going to the multiple clinic in the Coombe.

We were somewhat shocked to the say the least but have gotten used to the idea of the madness to come.

• Advertisement

Hi ladies I'm looking at buggies and not sure what to do we have a baby Elegance beep twist in purple 3 one we had from first child so thinking of changing it but not sure my eldest will be 3 & 1/2 and not sure what to buy a whole new travel system like baby elegance Mist or Venti so we won't have to buy new car seat or isoxi no note sure or just a really good stroller. Any advise if anyone in same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

helenmc13 wrote: »
    Hi ladies I'm looking at buggies and not sure what to do we have a baby Elegance beep twist in purple 3 one we had from first child so thinking of changing it but not sure my eldest will be 3 & 1/2 and not sure what to buy a whole new travel system like baby elegance Mist or Venti so we won't have to buy new car seat or isoxi no note sure or just a really good stroller. Any advise if anyone in same position.

Hi Helen,
    I am from sept group. My son will be 3 and a half too when new baby comes please God. I have a bugaboo cameleon which I am just going to reuse. I have a MacLaren quest stroller too. Just going to buy new mattress for pram.
    I don't have my car seat as sold it but I think I am going to get my sister's one. Her son should be finished with it in the next couple of months :) it doesn't fit on my buggy. I have a seat from 6months-18kgs from my son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

hi all, due 15th october with baba #2. my daughter will be 2.5 when her brother/sister arrives. were super excited :) 
    for my last pregancy i cant remember which site mrs2b or something they set up a fb group and its a god send...we still converse and ask questions as were all in same boat..lately its about potty training and the climbing out of cots etc lol there are a few groups on fb for october 2017 babies but mostly american so I was going to create a group - October 2017 mammies - thought itd be nice to talk to the irish mammies
    if anyone is interested in joining - just PM your name to me so i can add you and maybe just tell me what your profile pic is so I know i have the right person :)

Thank for your advise I was looking at bugaboo aswell going to see if I can get one secondhand they look fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

helenmc13 wrote: »
    Thank for your advise I was looking at bugaboo aswell going to see if I can get one secondhand they look fabulous.

Is your baby elegance one not in good condition?

fifib wrote: »
    hi all, due 15th october with baba #2. my daughter will be 2.5 when her brother/sister arrives. were super excited :) 
    for my last pregancy i cant remember which site mrs2b or something they set up a fb group and its a god send...we still converse and ask questions as were all in same boat..lately its about potty training and the climbing out of cots etc lol there are a few groups on fb for october 2017 babies but mostly american so I was going to create a group - October 2017 mammies - thought itd be nice to talk to the irish mammies
    if anyone is interested in joining - just PM your name to me so i can add you and maybe just tell me what your profile pic is so I know i have the right person :)

Hi fifib - we also had a fb group which came from this forum for my little one - shell be 2 in June and the fb is great..... this group is very quite.... but I know we waiting til a little later in pregnancy to start the fb group... so we "knew" each other a little better....

God we really are a quote group in here..... 😒 how.is everyone doing? Has everyone had their 12 week appt/scan now? Anyone going to find out if they are having a boy or girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Going for 13 week scan today, fairly nervous! Hadn't been posting here as had kept things quiet but I've told people in work now so don't mind who knows ðŸ˜

Hi blueberry. I had a couple of issues early on so ended up with a couple of scans but all is well and resolved now and baby is measuring on the button!

I know this group is so quiet! I joined the relevant one for my first pregnancy a couple of years ago and it was great for having a chat. It's not like that at all this time. I was half thinking of joining the September group as I'm due the first week of October.

• Advertisement

12 week scan next week so looking forward to that. Don't think I want to find out the sex. Curiosity will be a good incentive to push when that day arrives!

Advertisement