Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 everwander

Hey everyone! Another October due date here!

I'm 16 weeks, feeling much better this week after a few months of crazy tiredness and some nausea.

I'm based in NI at moment for work so going to a hospital in Newry, really impressed so far with the care. We looked at private but there didn't seem to be many benefits up North - main difference is the care is consultant led while mine is midwife led but the hospital and ward etc are the same. I did have a consultant appointment last week - it was just a few questions and then he did a scan and said due date seemed ok.

Hope everyone else is doing well, I have been following along and decided it was time to say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Millem Nutgrove might work! That would be lovely.

If I was on that high methinks it would be the same, wouldn't give a sh*t about anything, think I just need to tell myself this is the way it is and I need to accept it, as long as the baby is okay I need to man up a bit...I've slept in a corridor in St. Vincent's and it was such a horrible experience but I got over it and here I am. C'est la vie or whatever.

That's so sweet about your 3 year old, have you explained the situation yet or are you waiting until much later? How exciting to have a little brother or sister :)

Sure look if we're in at the same time we can keep each other sane on here :pac:

Welcome to the group everwander, it's great craic in here - congratulations! is this your first baby? Are you in Daisy Hill in Newry? I'm from Dundalk originally and would 100% go to Newry if I still lived there...it's a lovely hospital x

Thank you at juicyduckie! Yep it's first baby and it's Daisy Hill.

The maternity outpatients is nice and I've only waited 5 mins for appointments so far so seems good and it's only about 20mins drive. We lived a few minutes from Holles Street before we moved and always thought I'd go there but happy with Daisy Hill so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

How great is that everwander, my mam had my sister 8 weeks premature way back in 1993 and to this day she credits Daisy Hill with saving her and just making her feel as good and safe as possible, they were so lovely to her.

Not to mention the actual service is just better, it's so much more efficient than down South (as they say :))

What an exciting journey for us all. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow, it seemed so slow at the beginning and now I can't believe I'm at this point so quickly!

Have a great weekend ladies and little bumps xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Millem Nutgrove might work! That would be lovely.

If I was on that high methinks it would be the same, wouldn't give a sh*t about anything, think I just need to tell myself this is the way it is and I need to accept it, as long as the baby is okay I need to man up a bit...I've slept in a corridor in St. Vincent's and it was such a horrible experience but I got over it and here I am. C'est la vie or whatever.

That's so sweet about your 3 year old, have you explained the situation yet or are you waiting until much later? How exciting to have a little brother or sister :)

Sure look if we're in at the same time we can keep each other sane on here :pac:

Welcome to the group everwander, it's great craic in here - congratulations! is this your first baby? Are you in Daisy Hill in Newry? I'm from Dundalk originally and would 100% go to Newry if I still lived there...it's a lovely hospital x

Juicy don't worry you will be on cloud 9 after you have your baby :) you won't care!! Genuinely I couldn't tell you anything about the women in the ward as I just couldn't stop staring at my perfect baby!

I think you can opt for the early release anyway if all is ok! Ring the community midwives on Monday and Suss them out about switching :)
    I know they have clinic in ballinteer. Domino was in nutgrove but I ?m 99% sure I could of gone to either but nutgrove closer to me!
    I think there is then a midwives clinic in holles st too but you may have to walk by some characters (lol) out smoking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Hi all, long time lurker but first time poster here. Very quiet on this thread compared to some other months! 15 weeks pregnant here. Was due 28th October but consultant has put me forward to October 21st. It's my 3rd... So it's gonna be hectic!

How's everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Millem you went without an epidural? Was it not unbearably painful or did it happen very quickly. My first so all new to me. I guess every delivery is very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

angeline wrote: »
    Millem you went without an epidural? Was it not unbearably painful or did it happen very quickly. My first so all new to me. I guess every delivery is very different.

Didn't have epidural, yes it was incredibly painful wasn't screaming or anything as I think I was just in too much pain!! Couldn't use the gas and air as couldn't move because of machines.
    Labour was about 22 hours in total but classed as spontaneous. I had a complication which by itself is meant to be painful so maybe labour by itself wasn't that sore?? The complication delayed my labour. Once that had cleared I went from 10cm to 3cm in 30 mins. This time round they are expecting it to be very quick as I don't have complication this time round!

There are no medals given out at end for not having pain relief so take it if you want ;)

Millem I'll be taking all the pain relief available to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Great to see some new posters here and things getting a bit more active in here... ☺

I was 17 weeks yday - the tiredness has definitely lifted a good bit in the last two weeks or so - at the same time my bump is getting bigger and bigger - I'm obviously pregnant now (unless wearing very baggy clothes) I reckon I was about 6 months pregnant with my first when I was this size! I'm hoping that means that bubs might be a bit bigger as the first was on the small size.... but u know bump size and baby size don't go hand in hand!

Have a hospital appt on Tues and then we are off on hols next Sunday for a week - can't wait for the break! Hope all you ladies are keeping well...

• Advertisement

I've put on a stone already and I'm not due till late October! I'm quite slim anyway so not massive but hell I feel a lot bigger now than I did on my first 2. Apparently you might get bigger on your third... So I'm dreading that part. I put on about 3 stone on my first and second... So I hope I'm not looking at 4 or 5 st this time around! I'll be the size of a house the rate I'm going...

Still a bit tired come afternoon time and looking after my other 2 but nothing compared to the first trimester. Didn't think it was ever going to end but thanks god feeling a little bit better now.

seeing my consultant again mid May and will be booking my 20 week scan then. Mad to think when we have that scan we are half way there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

I'm 17 weeks now as well and definitely feeling much better. Only getting sick once in a while as opposed to everyday and I'm able for a bit of exercise again which is great for the head. Can't believe I'm approaching half way.

Great to read everyone's updates!

Glad your feeling better Hazelbee, I'm with you on the exercise - I joined my local gym last weekend and have been swimming 3 times. It's so nice to get moving (for the first few months anything that left me out of breath made me feel so sick) and it really lifts my mood as well.

Also a question for you all! My pre pregnancy jeans are starting to feel a bit snug at just over 16 weeks. What do you ladies do? Bigger size or get a maternity pair? I've no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

everwander wrote: »
    Also a question for you all! My pre pregnancy jeans are starting to feel a bit snug at just over 16 weeks. What do you ladies do? Bigger size or get a maternity pair? I've no idea!

Mine were cutting me in half at 14 weeks so I've gotten a belt extender from mothercare, just while I'm 'inbetween'! First baby tho so other people may have a better suggestion!!

everwander wrote: »

I just bought a size bigger in trousers for the moment but in case I suddenly become huge I went to Mothercare and bought maternity trousers and tops. Don't know when I'll need to wear them but like knowing they're there just in case.

If you're buying maternity jeans go for the over the bump ones as the under the bump ones keep falling down...or maybe it's just me. I haven't put on much weight but my bump is all out in front this time so I had to go for maternity jeans at about 14 weeks! I think it was more like 20 first time round.

Thank you @the niece, Angeline and Hazelbee! I might try that band for a few weeks as I've resorted to opening the top button when sitting in the car. Definitely going with high waisted jeans Hazelbee, I like my jeans at rib height lol

I have a wedding at the end of the month and in total denial about what to wear. Think I'm just going to put in a big online order for that and a hol at the beginning of August and hope some things make me look fabulous and glowing ha!!

Apparently there are over the bump maternity jeans in tkmaxx for 13euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 inatissy

God I jumped up by two dresses sizes before I was 12 weeks! By the time I got to 14 weeks I needed maternity jeans, just so comfortable, from New Look. I still feel like I'm expanding by the second!!

I got really nice linen ones in mother care, so nice and light, pricey but worth it. They dry so fast too which is handy ☺️

Tkmax sounds a brilliant price.

• Advertisement

I got a lovely pair of black maternity trousers for work in Mothercare. They look completely normal with a top covering the big over the bump band. I'm tall so was delighted to find they sold them in long leg lengths. At the moment making do with one size bigger but must look in New Look, Next, etc. Debenhams just have a section in Red Herring I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I have a two year old, I bought H&M maternity skinny jeans that go over the bump when pregnant with him. Size up was no good for me because I have slim legs and no bum so they'd be unflattering and too loose, I like skinny jeans.

I have a loaf of maternity pants from my first but that was about 5 years ago when I wore bootcuts. Lost a lot of weight since then and boot cuts would just look daft on me now so going to have to go in search of some skinnys. I've been living in tracksuit bottoms the past few weeks as my zips and buttons have just been way to uncomfortable. Bought a decent pair from top shop. They are under the bump so fine for now and after birth.
    But I'm gonna go back to buy some over the bump as the under bump are way too uncomfortable in late pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

HazelBee wrote: »
    If you're buying maternity jeans go for the over the bump ones as the under the bump ones keep falling down...or maybe it's just me. I haven't put on much weight but my bump is all out in front this time so I had to go for maternity jeans at about 14 weeks! I think it was more like 20 first time round.

I'm exactly the same 're bump this time - I'm 17 and a half weeks and I'd say I'm as big now as I was when I was 6 months on my first!

My bag of maternity clothes from no1 have mysteriously disappeared so I've had to go shopping... I just got two under the bump pairs in penneys and one over the bump pair from penneys too. All are super comfy.... I'm living in them along with leggings..... I don't really like skinny jeans (which all 3 pairs are) unless I'm wearing boots - which I for work but not at the weekends but feck it - comfort comes first at the mo....

Had a check up today - measuring bang on for 17 weeks which is reassuring (as no1 was small)

Hope all you ladies are feeling the trimester 1 tiredness lift a bit now....and the sickness... No1 is certainly keeping me busy - especially at the mo as shes going through a phase of not going down easy at night as well as waking during the night..... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

On my third and definitely feeling as big as I was coming to the end of my other two. And I'm only eighteen weeks - what will I be like at the end of this one!!! Have a nice pair of under the bump ones from top shop. I am finding it hard to find decent maternity work wear.

Great to see all the posts. I have to confess I'm more of a lurker not a poster but going to join in more. Really found other threads great on previous pregnancies.

Mimi21 wrote: »
    On my third and definitely feeling as big as I was coming to the end of my other two. And I'm only eighteen weeks - what will I be like at the end of this one!!! Have a nice pair of under the bump ones from top shop. I am finding it hard to find decent maternity work wear.

Great to see all the posts. I have to confess I'm more of a lurker not a poster but going to join in more. Really found other threads great on previous pregnancies.

I hear ya! I'm just feeling so big on my 3rd. I'm actually embarrassed as I think u look around 6 months at least so I'm dreading telling people I'm only 16 weeks! Lol. I just bought some more jeans from top shop.

My 3 yo is waking up around 3 times per night after she goes into the toilet. I usually wake to find her standing beside the bed. And then she goes in to wake my 4 yo at 6.30am every morning who usually sleep happily enough until 8am if not woken!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 inatissy

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    I hear ya! I'm just feeling so big on my 3rd. I'm actually embarrassed as I think u look around 6 months at least so I'm dreading telling people I'm only 16 weeks! Lol. I just bought some more jeans from top shop.

My 3 yo is waking up around 3 times per night after she goes into the toilet. I usually wake to find her standing beside the bed. And then she goes in to wake my 4 yo at 6.30am every morning who usually sleep happily enough until 8am if not woken!

Haha I'm feeling rather bad now complaining about the birds waking me up in the morning!

angeline wrote: »
    I got a lovely pair of black maternity trousers for work in Mothercare. They look completely normal with a top covering the big over the bump band. I'm tall so was delighted to find they sold them in long leg lengths. At the moment making do with one size bigger but must look in New Look, Next, etc. Debenhams just have a section in Red Herring I think.

Hi Angeline! I have the shopping for height problem too...which is extra difficult when looking for maternity trousers. Next were great though and they can actually order in extra long length if the long version is that little bit too short.

HazelBee wrote: »
    Hi Angeline! I have the shopping for height problem too...which is extra difficult when looking for maternity trousers. Next were great though and they can actually order in extra long length if the long version is that little bit too short.

Hi! Yeah, I must defo go to Next. Lots of things online but wouldn't take the chance ordering without trying them on as guaranteed won't fit. I went in to Debenhams and every department I walked in to seemed to have a 'Petite' sign which I ran out of asap!!! What about the tall people!!!!

• Advertisement

Had my harmony test last week and just got the results back. I'm apparently low risk for all the things they test for. I just burst out crying on the phone. Am so delighted. I had been told I was high risk due to a slightly increased measurement on the nuchal fold. Have been so worried over the last week. Crying every second day and goggling things like Pateau Syndrome. Just so relieved!

Advertisement