Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Had my harmony test last week and just got the results back. I'm apparently low risk for all the things they test for. I just burst out crying on the phone. Am so delighted. I had been told I was high risk due to a slightly increased measurement on the nuchal fold. Have been so worried over the last week. Crying every second day and goggling things like Pateau Syndrome. Just so relieved!

Delighted to hear. It is a relief and nice to be able to rule things out. The test is 99.9 per cent accurate so well worth doing if you are worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

angeline wrote: »
    Delighted to hear. It is a relief and nice to be able to rule things out. The test is 99.9 per cent accurate so well worth doing if you are worried.

Thanks Angeline. It's just such a relief. I actually feel just so exhausted emotionally now. Literally spent the week worrying and looking up downs and the associated cardiac problems. And thinking that we would be fine and he/she would be beautiful but that it would still be hard.

.... Now I just feel like going to sleep after it all!

Please god now everything else goes ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

That's great news lizardlegz. It must be such a relief to get that news.

I'm currently googling slapped cheek and scaring myself reading about worst case scenarios. One of my nephews has it at the minute. Doesn't seem to be anything other than wait and see. Time to stop googling and talk to my consultant when I'm in again.

Big scan on 22nd. Can't wait to have it done and be over the half way mark. Half anxious about it and half excited wondering if I will find out what If I'm having a boy or a girl. I'm 99% certain I know what I'm based on my previous pregnancies but might be nice to have suspicion confirmed!!

We found out what we're having today. Just delighted. Just seems so real now. Can't wait to get all the little clothes out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 everwander

Is the harmony test part of your prenatal care or did you have to go private for it lizardlegz? So happy for you!

I had a rubbish day. I got a letter from the hospital to say blood tests showed I wasn't immune to rubella (I was immunized as a kid but it can wear off in a small % of people). The letter was talking about the risks to the foetus if I had rubella in first 12 weeks, of course I looked it up and now my mind is running havoc - I hope I'm being irrational but I keep thinking what if I got it and didn't have symptoms. Plus I was on loads of flights so no idea if I came into contact with anyone sick. The effects are awful on the baby. I'm 16 weeks now so it's less of a risk of I did get it. I've never heard of this but apparently you should get tested before trying for a baby and, if you're not immune, have to get the vaccine and wait another four months.

• Advertisement

Mimi21 wrote: »

I'm currently googling slapped cheek and scaring myself reading about worst case scenarios. One of my nephews has it at the minute. Doesn't seem to be anything other than wait and see. Time to stop googling and talk to my consultant when I'm in again.

Big scan on 22nd. Can't wait to have it done and be over the half way mark. Half anxious about it and half excited wondering if I will find out what If I'm having a boy or a girl. I'm 99% certain I know what I'm based on my previous pregnancies but might be nice to have suspicion confirmed!!

Looks like we're both in Google fear today Mimi21. Hope all is well, on days like this I feel like I need to live in a big bubble for nine months!

everwander wrote: »
    Is the harmony test part of your prenatal care or did you have to go private for it lizardlegz? So happy for you!

I had a rubbish day. I got a letter from the hospital to say blood tests showed I wasn't immune to rubella (I was immunized as a kid but it can wear off in a small % of people). The letter was talking about the risks to the foetus if I had rubella in first 12 weeks, of course I looked it up and now my mind is running havoc - I hope I'm being irrational but I keep thinking what if I got it and didn't have symptoms. Plus I was on loads of flights so no idea if I came into contact with anyone sick. The effects are awful on the baby. I'm 16 weeks now so it's less of a risk of I did get it. I've never heard of this but apparently you should get tested before trying for a baby and, if you're not immune, have to get the vaccine and wait another four months.

You normally pay for the Harmony test. Bloods are sent to the UK and the lab can invoice you directly. Prices vary in different places but it costs £275 with CUMH.

The Harmony cost me €430 in Merrion Fetal Health Everwander. I'm a private patient in the NMH so that's where we would go for all our blood tests and big scans.

That's a bit scary about the rubella letter! Can you go and talk to your doctor or a midwife? They might put your might at ease a little bit. Fwiw, I never had chicken pox and got the vaccine a few years ago for it. But it wasn't coming up that I was immune to it when my blood titres were done. But my consultant said that once I had had the vaccine I was fine and considered immune so not to worry. And that sometimes it just doesn't show up in the blood tests. But like you said... That might be different with rubella and maybe it has worn off. But just check it out with your doctor maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Rubella immunisation wears off some people, I had to get vaccine for it as I was being discharged from hospital when my son was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

Mimi21 wrote: »

Mimi21 you can get a simple blood test to check if you're immune to slapped cheek - it was in my godsons creche when i was about 10 weeks pregnant and he may have had it but symptoms were mild - my GP did a blood test & turns out I have immunity to it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Bob2017. Will mention it to consultant when in again.

So tired this morning. My ten month old has decided to cut four teeth in one go on the top and is restless all night. Still it's great to see her moving on from just two teeth on the bottom!! Was beginning to wonder if She has any at all in there!!! It's funny how different they are - my son had all his teeth by the time he was twenty months. And every single one was torture!!

Happy (almost) weekend ladies! 
    Had 16 week scan yesterday and all looked well. Baby measuring about right - apparently it has long legs and a thick waist, sounds a bit like its Daddy to be honest :D Midwife said it was really unlikely I'd have been sick without symptoms so feel a lot better about it.
    @lizardlegz did you opt to find out the sex with the harmony test? I read before it was totally accurate because it was a  blood test. Midwife yesterday asked if I was interested but husband wasn't there so will wait to the big scan at end of month. She said it was less accurate at this stage anyway and I'd have felt bad finding out without him there even though I think I'd love to know!

Hi Everwander, yes we found out 😊. We are having a little girl. It's made it all feel so much more real (not that it wouldn't feel real if we didn't find out)... But we are delighted. Has anyone else found out what they are having??

So what's everyone's due dates? Shall we compile a list?

My EDD is October 28th... But consultant is moving me forward to October 21st.

3rd October here.

Aw that's lovely lizardlegz! We're more than likely going to find out but will be 30th May for big appointment.
    Mine is 14th.

Not found out yet. Pretty convinced I know what I'm having but might keep the surprise on this one. Husband can't decide whether he wants to know or not!

21st October for me and the Harmony test told me it was a boy which for some reason I strongly suspected anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Due the 7th october. Not planning on finding out if its a boy or girl but I'll be having a lot of scan towards the end to monitor babies size and I'm afraid they'll let it slip! But they will be warned that we don't want to know. Big scan in a three weeks. Off in hols next week so won't feel it com around - I'm 18 weeks today - madness.

Delighted it's good news all round on scans and tests so far :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

We have the same due date blueberry! I think we are leaving the gender as a surprise this time.

angeline wrote: »
    21st October for me and the Harmony test told me it was a boy which for some reason I strongly suspected anyway!!

That's awesome! Congrats! I think we might have the same due date!

• Advertisement

Ok all, so here's the list of us on the thread so far.
    If I've missed any one out or for any of the dates wrong I can always edit!

Horseygirl1983 October 2nd
    Mimi21 October 3rd
    Helenmc13 October 4th
    Lovebrowsing October 4th
    Blueberry22 October 7th
    Hazelbee October 7th
    Auntieo October 7th
    Inatissy October 10th
    Everwander October 14th
    Lilypadd October 15th
    Fifib October 15th
    Nosietoes October 16th
    Sha98 October 20th
    Angeline October 21st
    Eldamo (wife) October 21st
    The Niece October 27th
    Lizardlegz October 28th (possibly 21st)
    Juicyduckie October 28th
    Lucylu12 October 29th
    Teenie October 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    The Niece ??

Great idea! I'm October 27th....should be getting harmony tests results next week sometime so very excited ðŸ˜႒

Thanks for that lizardlegz

I got my first "Oh you're getting so big" comments today. The joys 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Only joining now due 26th October my first not planning to find out sex ...very excited ...

quinevere wrote: »
    Only joining now due 26th October my first not planning to find out sex ...very excited ...

Hi quinevere! Welcome!

Hope everyone is doing well.

I had an urge for rice crispie buns at the weekend (like those chocolate covered ones from Avoca) but we couldn't find any. On the way home from work tonight I started thinking about them again so now we're off to Tesco to get the ingredients! I'm not sure if it's a legit craving but I really want one so I'm going to call it that! I also want a fatoush salad so I reckon that will offset the rice crispies sugar! I usually love chocolate but haven't been that interested in it since I got pregnant so this is quite a novelty for me

How's everyone doing. I've been feeling the little flutters all week and today we could see the movement from outside! Exciting!!

Love love love Avoca choc rice crispie slices!!!

I've put on so much weight. I really look at least 6/7 months pregnant now so it's embarrassing when people ask and I tell them I'm only 17 weeks.

I think I've been feeling flutters. But I was sure I felt them a few weeks ago and then they stopped altogether... So it might have just been indigestion! Lol lol lol. But they seem to have started back these last 2 days.

Terrible sleep the last couple nights. Toddler was up 4 times last night. She goes back no problem but it's the broken sleep that's killing me. Husband usually gets up but it still wakes me.

The 20 week scans must be starting soon???...

Me too lizardlegz. Looking and feeling absolutely huge here and only nineteen weeks. Looks like I'm a couple months further on!! Of course the craving for crisps is not helping.

Having a few nights interrupted sleep here as well. Daughter is finally cutting top teeth and is restless at night. Can't get back to sleep after being up with her. Up since five this morning giving her a bottle. She fell back asleep until eight but of course I'm wide awake!

Anomaly scan on 22nd. Always nervous about them but looking forward to seeing baba jumping about again. Not felt any distinct kicks. A few flutters here and there.

Me too Mimi21 and Lizardlegz - I feel like the bump is relatively small in the mornings and then as soon as I have breakfast it's out for the day!

My big scan is at the very end of the month, am nervous too. Husband is really excited as he's only been at the ultrasound at 9 weeks and can't wait to see the baby again!

I'm in awe of you ladies juggling kids and bumps - hope you're not too exhausted!

• Advertisement

I got sick again today for the first time in a few weeks and felt that old tired feeling. Starting to get a bit uncomfortable around my hips too....this happened right around now last pregnancy too. At least I've had a few good weeks....taking it easy now for a couple of days.

Advertisement