Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Had appointment with consultant today at 17 weeks. Was meant to see him last week but was sick. He did a scan today and was very reassuring to hear baby's heartbeat and got to see its little fingers up by its head. Consultant said I won't be allowed go over my due date but I'm happy with that. Here's hoping all will be well at 20 week scan...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Hello ladies....

Anomaly scan Thursday of next week for us. Looking forward to seeing bubs again although a little concerned also due to family history on hubbys side...fingers crossed.

We were away on hols last week - our little one didn't sleep all week so I'm shattered.... think we need a "couples weekend" away to just chill/sleep!

Hope everyone is feeling well and the first trimester tiredness/sickness has lifted....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 everwander

Hey everyone

Hope you are feeling better Hazelbee, good luck on Thursday Blueberry

Midwife mentioned I should get whooping cough vaccine between 20 and 32 weeks - anyone else got this? I had the flu vaccine at 10 weeks and all was ok, didn't realise I needed another vaccine but seems that it's recommended here to protect the baby before it gets its own vaccines. I'm nervous about getting another vaccine so will probably leave it as late as possible.

On a side note - do any of you ladies travel for work? I'm hoping to wrap up biz travel soon but now see I have a trip lined up at 23 weeks. The thoughts of hiking through an airport and a city with my bag at 6 months :(

I got the whopping cough and flu vaccine on my last but didn't get the flu vaccine this time round... just never thought of it really... plus it was only the start of winter when I got pregnant the last night.... I will def get the whooping cough one though.

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow - imagine half way through.... it's mad the last 5 or 6 weeks have flown I remember around 13 weeks thinking things were REALLY DRAGGING now look.... loving feeling bubs move and kick... hubby has felt it a few times too which is cool...

Oh I don't blame you everwander really travelling.... we were on hols last week and I think we went just in time - any later would be tough (although that's mainly because of my near 2 year old!)

Hope everyone is doing well....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

Just over twenty weeks here. Scan on Monday. I couldn't imagine having to deal with airports and travelling. I'm spend a good bit of time on the road and I'm finding that hard!!!

Time really is flying by these last couple of weeks. I always think the summer flys past and before we know it we are into September and the real count down!

• Advertisement

Mimi21 wrote: »
    Just over twenty weeks here. Scan on Monday. I couldn't imagine having to deal with airports and travelling. I'm spend a good bit of time on the road and I'm finding that hard!!!

Time really is flying by these last couple of weeks. I always think the summer flys past and before we know it we are into September and the real count down!

Hope your scan went well mimi. I had mine yday - all good - which is a relief as there is family history of heart conditions on OH side.

Hubby found out gender of baby but I didn't?! 😯 don't know how he's going to keep it quite!

Hope all you lovely ladies are keeping well...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mimi21

Scan went well thank goodness. I always find them slightly nerve wracking. Husband had to collect the other two from the childminders so he couldn't be there - but he said if I wanted to find out the gender I could but not to tell him as he still didn't know if he a surprise or not!! Of course I found out as I'm such a control freak!!! Baby boy here. My son is going to be thrilled to have a brother!!

Hope you are all surviving the heat. It's the only time I'm glad I work in an old building. No matter how hot it gets outside it's always cool in my office!!!

How are all the lovely ladies and bumps out there? Hope you are all keeping well...

Had appt yday at 21 weeks - all well so far... appts are starting to crank up now for me - back every 2-3 weeks between doc and hospital.... exciting....

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Hi Blueberry :) Bit paranoid at the size of my bump as it seems ginormous for almost 19 weeks but aside from that, everything going well! Next scan is in 2 weeks - looking forward to seeing bubs again. You won't notice the time going with all the appts coming in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Scan at 21 weeks here yesterday. All was well thankfully. Baby is very active and even did a 360 flip during the scan! I've a really different shape this time round...I'm all bump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 inatissy

Haha a 360 spin would've been brilliant to see. We had ours and thankfully everything is looking great. Such relief.
    Our little boy just kept moving his hands in the way and not cooperating at all! It's so amazing to see how everything has formed in such a short time. The long spine, all the bones in the arms and legs, the tiny heart, everything.

Ugh feeling huge too. I'm expanding by the minute and can't imagine what I'll be like by October. Don't want to jinx it but feeling really good, terrible leg cramps though. Scared the hell out of hubby the first night it happened! Good to keep him on his toes.

Not back now until week 28 which seems very far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Hi ladies, lovely to see a lot of the 20 week scans being done!!! I have mine next Wednesday. Just hoping all goes ok.

Not feeling too bad at the moment. Except lack of sleep the past couple nights from the 2 young ones waking up. Has me shattered during the day. I've also been getting a good few headaches. But I'm used to that in pregnancy. Otherwise all is
    Ok touch wood!

So nice to hear how everyone is getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 everwander

Hi everyone, glad all the scans are going well. I had mine this week and all looked good - so cute to see the baby on the screen. Lots of poking and proding to get baby to stretch its legs out, gave me a giggle as I'm so gentle with the bump! I've gone from barely there bump 2 weeks ago to full on baby bump this week!

Delighted to hear the scans are all going well... 22 weeks today - def over half way now regardless!

I'm feeling a bit crappy but hoping that picks up again soon - just lacking energy/motivation...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

Delighted to hear everyone's 20 week scans are going well, have mine on Tuesday, but I'm a bit confused as I'll only be 19+3 - is that not far too early?

Will be so disappointed if we can't see much due to it being a week earlier than it should.
    Going to go anyway and hope for the best.

Anyone have any nice plans for the Bank Holiday weekend?
    Think we're going to go pram shopping if the 20 week scan goes well, has anyone ever had a Silver Cross pram?
    They look beautiful but I'm not sure they have any shops to "test drive" them?

Anyway thinking of you all x

Hey ladies, how are things going?

The appointment last week went well, it wasn't the 20 week scan at all it was just a check-up. Mystery solved!
    20 week scan is on 20th June now, really nervous but looking forward to it!
    We put the deposit on the pram as well, went for the Silver Cross in the end, super excited.

Still not feeling any movement at all which is definitely bothering me, but apparently is normal.

How is everyone feeling?

X

Hey ladies, how are things going?

The appointment last week went well, it wasn't the 20 week scan at all it was just a check-up. Mystery solved!
    20 week scan is on 20th June now, really nervous but looking forward to it!
    We put the deposit on the pram as well, went for the Silver Cross in the end, super excited.

Still not feeling any movement at all which is definitely bothering me, but apparently is normal.

How is everyone feeling?

X

My anomaly scan is the 19th June, I'll be 22 weeks then. Will be a bit worried until I hear all is okay. Like you not feeling any kicks or fluttering and I did get worried last night and panicked a bit but talked myself out of it as I'm sure he's doing just fine. I know first time mums don't feel kicks as much as a second pregnancy so try not to worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Hi ladies, hope ur are all well? Had my anomaly scan last Wednesday. As far as they could tell all was ok thank god! But the little rascal had her head facing into my pelvis so the sonographer couldn't get a proper look at it! Apparently they like to check to make sure the mandible and palate are all ok and so they can check for cleft lip etc. So I have to go back again in 2 weeks so they can check that. My consultant also wants to do another big scan of the heart at 24weeks. She just wants to make sure it's all ok. I think it's just precautionary tho as the anomaly scan looked all ok.

I'm feeling lots of little kicks at nighttime. And getting uncomfortable sitting up on the couch or in bed watching tv at night. Have to turn on my side.

So what hospitals are people attending? Would be gas if we ended up on the same ward in October!!!

I was 23 weeks on Saturday... definitely getting uncomfortable now... just can't get comfortable no matter what way I sit or lie so thats fun....

This baby is super active. Loving watching it wriggle and seeing my tummy move.... tlol

The last few weeks have flown by....

Hope everyone is feeling OK... ☺

Angeline you are only a few days ahead of me, felt little flutters today and yesterday a tiny bit but can't see my belly move at all or anything...can't wait to feel little kicks I'm so excited! Feel like if the anomaly scan goes well I will relax a little bit, all I have to do is grow him then? it's insane but it's keeping me sane :pac:

LizardLegz wouldn't worry about the follow up scan, think they're fairly honest if something is wrong & they tell you, so I'm sure it is just to double check, it's for you and the baby's benefit either way so that has to be a good thing? still nerve wracking I know <3

I'm attending Holles St. they're super nice so far, can't fault them at all. Would be gas if we were all on the same ward, great craic :)

Blueberry22 it's ****e that you're getting uncomfortable already, I'm okay for the moment but feel another 3 or 4 weeks I'll be the same! Great to hear time is flying by for you :)

Made the HUGE mistake of watching One Born Every Minute tonight and it made me so anxious! Me nerves! :pac:

• Advertisement

Well I know from all the scans so far that he is very active and obs told me it's normal not to feel anything yet as it's my first pregnancy. Feel I've gotten bigger and a bit more uncomfortable over last few days so with 4 months ahead lots more of that to come! Will be so relieved to have anomaly scan over on Monday and hopefully all will be ok. Glad to hear of all the positive 20 week scans so far.

Hope everyone is doing well and surviving the hot weather. Just over 22 weeks now and had my anomaly scan this morning. Great to have it over as couldn't help but be apprehensive. All went well thankfully and even saw baby kicking a few nights ago! Bump is defo getting more noticeable. Thinking I'm going to blow up like a balloon from here onwards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I felt the deuce (stitch) (this child has so many names already) kicking for the first time last night
    I felt them pressed up against their mothers side a few weeks back, but this was the first proper kick
    my wife has been feeling the kicks for ages, but this is the first time i have felt it.

It is her second pregnancy so she is already showing quite a bit from the front, the ignorance of people on the train is breath taking, this morning two people looked directly at her and instantly pretended to be asleep, no one else looked up from their phones.
    One of the two who looked at her did get up 5 minutes later, but had obviously been giving it a little while to see if anyone would do so first.

She won't let me shame people for her either, no fair :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

I had my 20 Week Scan allls good baby moved a lot during scan but I'm still not feeling him/her yet? Did you all Get your whopping cough vaccine already I was told week 28 ! Has anyone started their maternity benefits forms yet is it too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 inatissy

Great to hear everyones scan is going well ☺️ I have experienced that too on the luas, pretending not to see. I stand beside them and try to make them feel bad! At the moment I don't mind as I'm not uncomfortable, but def. showing so very surprised.

I was told 28 weeks too. Have my form filled out for maternity benefit just have to send it in. I think it was from week 24 to send it in. 🀔

Hubby got all changing tables etc. in ikea yesterday. I think he got carried away and put it all together. Now I'm freaked out/excited everytime I pass the room! Just seems to be coming around very fast now.

On a brilliant note, I hate to jinx it but my hayfever/allergies have disappeared since pregnant, such a nice bonus!

The neighbours cats are driving us mad ****ting in our garden. Hubby was just out there and rearranging some bark that we thought the birds had messed up but unfortunately nope cats again 😡 he was wearing gloves but always something to worry about. Tried everything to keep them away.

Hope everyone is surviving the heat ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I bought one of my cribs and my changing table from adverts last week but so far haven't even started looking at the room that I need to clear out for the babies. My OH wants to put it off for as long as possible I think but as soon as school is out next week I'm going to be attacking things with vigour. I have at most 14 weeks and 5 days left till these twins make their appearance in the world so I really should be getting my bum in gear.

I need to pack up loads of stuff. Sell on a pair of sofas and a desk. Get rid of a mattress and some chairs. Buy a day bed and a chest of drawers and another crib... as well as twin feeding pillow, bottles, bouncers, Eeep! I could end up freaking myself out here if I'm not careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

If anyone is hoping to breastfeed or have baby in room for first few months I cant recommend a co-sleeper enough. I had the chicco one for my 1st and will be using it again this time. Have a moses basket but my daughter hated it so dunno will I even bother trying it this time.
    I've been stocking up on baby wipes lol I only like the huggies pure ones and there's a good deal on amazon so Ive ordered 8 big boxes already...postman just loves me at the minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Fifib I'm in November thread, due my second. Had a swinging wooden crib for my first before he just moved into our bed (I don't like cosleeping when they're tiny as I have nightmares that baby is under duvet even when he was in the crib). My friend who lent me the crib will be using it again now so I was looking at a secondhand chicco for €140, you reckon they're a good purchase so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Fifib I'm in November thread, due my second. Had a swinging wooden crib for my first before he just moved into our bed (I don't like cosleeping when they're tiny as I have nightmares that baby is under duvet even when he was in the crib). My friend who lent me the crib will be using it again now so I was looking at a secondhand chicco for €140, you reckon they're a good purchase so?
    best thing we bought if im honest. its so handy having baby right there beside you. i had a section and i didn't have to be getting in and out of bed, even for just keeping an eye on the baby it was great. you could seem them perfectly from lying down.no getting up and peering over the edge of a crib. the only downside with chicco is the matress/base was bit hard. we bought the ikea mattress topper and wrapped it around making it a bit softer. or you could buy a travel cot mattress, the foam ones and cut it to size either. 
    the chicco one also tilts so you can lower one side and this can help baby that have reflux, so their sleeping at an angle with head a bit higher than their body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

I don't think €140 is good value secondhand as you would still have to buy a new mattress which is about €40 so same price really. I'm looking for secondhand too actually.

Advertisement